Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have an ever-growing list of series both retro and current being recommended that I need to revisit/get acquainted with, it seems. The ever growing list:

"Record of Lodoss War"
"Heroic Legend of Escaflowne"
"The Slayers"
"RG Veda"
"Bubblegum Crisis" (I especially love the soundtrack for this one, as an 80's kid)
"Neon Genesis Evangelion" (haven't watched it in forever)
"Gundam Wing" (and likely other Gundam series)
"Darling in the Franxx"
"Blue Exorcist"
"The Ancient Magus Bride"
"Kill la Kill"
"Akame ga Kill"
"Spy x Family"
"Chainsaw Man"

Any suggestions as to which ones I ought to prioritize/avoid? Whether based in faith reasons or just plain whether it's good or not. I tend to like big kabooms, big mecha, and big...eyes on the women. Yeah, big eyes, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Joking aside, my favorite series are "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" and "Gatchaman" both the original and the 90's remake (we will not mention "Crowds"). So what do y'all think?

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟126,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nobunaga Concerto is good manga, and their live action was well-adapted (the best one I've seen, except for Rurouni Kenshin). Their animation, not so much imo.
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom is another good one, although it was first a light novel that was turned into a manga.

Edit: As to your question to prioritize: Spy X Family

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟250,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Bubblegum Crisis is what got me hooked on anime in the first place. Great stuff. Spy x Family is a fun new series. And if you want some new mecha action, there's Mobile Suit Gundam: the Witch from Mercury.

If you haven't seen Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, you really should consider it. And for something really retro, look for Dirty Pair.

Upvote 0

TruthInLight

Sep 28, 2018
Portland
✟34,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Are there type of shows that you find yourself watching a lot? And are there stuff you find yourself not liking?

To answer my own question, I find myself not caring much for sports anime, and I'm not a fan of the big robot stuff although I was okay with a few.

Upvote 0

Christopher Pineau

Just A Nerdy Guy Trying To Get Right
Apr 17, 2022
Dallas
✟14,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are there type of shows that you find yourself watching a lot? And are there stuff you find yourself not liking?

To answer my own question, I find myself not caring much for sports anime, and I'm not a fan of the big robot stuff although I was okay with a few.
I'm pretty open to a variety of shows, but I often tend towards the action oriented series that may not make a lot of sense, but are fun to watch anyway. I also can appreciate darker themes as long as there's human drama to balance them out--like, say, the HBO "Spawn" animated series from the late 90's, or especially "Tokyo Ghoul". The first season of that latter series is brutal in more ways than one. It's downright harrowing as they address things like the definition of "monster" and who is worse, the ghouls or the humans who hunt them? Some may consider that a standard trope, but I like the way that series addresses things like that.

Upvote 0