SC Senate Passes Bill Banning Affirmative Care For Minors

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,156.00
Faith
Pentecostal
For me, it's not as much about agreeing or disagreeing with a particular political; party, it's more about obtaining the proper healthcare.
Me neither, more things we have in common. I don't care if it's the Republicans, Democrats, the Green Party or Grandma's Party. All I care about in relation to this thread is that kids are not transitioned and that Affirmative Therapy and drugs are banned from kids. I don't care who does it. A child does not have the wisdom, capacity, understanding or brain function to make those kinds of decisions with or without parental consent. And as we saw in the WPATH files the parents had no clue either.
think transgender people want to feel like they are "normal" and they are normal in that the value of their lives is no less than anybody else. All we really have to go on is what the patient says and does related to coping with the way they feel. What I am talking about is how to get gender dysphoria treated under the already established guidelines AND have insurance pay for it. People still have the option of hiring a plastic surgeon for elective surgery. I honestly don't know how or who prescribes hormones leading up to and after going under the knife but if you have enough cash, I'm pretty sure they can purchase the treatment of their choice.
Of course they want to feel.normal. or at least some do. I think there's a lot of sexual fetishism involved as well. But for those who honestly think they should be the opposite sex, I'm sure they do want to feel.normal. Just like ANYONE with a mental health issue. People with anxiety, depression, or are bi-polar want to feel normal. But they also realize they are not. They would live not to have those issues. Transgender people are not normal either. They have an illness. And just like rhe rest of the people.with mental health issues it's not up to us to alter society to make them.feel normal. There's nothing I can do to not make a person who.is bi-polar feel normal. I shouldn't be participating in their mental health problem. Same goes for the anorexic. Or the paranoid schizophrenic.

The established guidelines are bunk. A d yes if you have enough cash you can purchase just about anything. What kids need is therapy. Not Affirmative Therapy no matter who.pays for it. Not for children. Now if an insurance company wants to cover someone's transformation, then who.am I to stop them. They are a private entity. They can pay for whatever they want. But it should be outlawed for kids.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because it is if you want your insurance to pay for it.

According to Obamacare...Trans medicine is covered.

Medicaid covers it unless it's explicitly stated in some policy or law that it isn't.

It's very easy to look up.

No....it's not a mental disorder if insurance has to pay for it.

Except the DSM-5 which clearly states the criteria and the Psychiatric community that accepts these standards across the USA.exepts

Go ahead and quote "transgender" in the DSM-5.

It's not even in there.

"Transgender" isn't a disorder, it's a label for a person who suffers from gender dysphoria.

No....it's not, and that's not how the DSM-5 describes gender dysphoria.

Upvote 0