Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Article I was referring to:
Jeff Lewis Is "Panicked" After Daughter Monroe Calls Her Nanny "Mom"
I can't link the article because it has reference to a swear word in it. Jeff Lewis used to be a star of a "Flip this House" type of show. His daughter started calling the nanny "Mom" on a regular basis and Jeff was upset about that. I think the whole situation is just sad.
so what does this say about gay/lesbian parents?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The idea that a homosexual throuple is a good thing.
If you were saying the same things about any interracial marriage relationship was wrong what would it be called? It wouldn't be called disagreement

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
That child might well face other difficulties in life as a result of this “triumphant” change. If they never leave home all might be well. But if they want to go to a different country and live they better plan on not marrying or adapting any new legal or professional status that requires a birth certificate. The US might be so cruel as to lie on their official birth certificates but other nations are no so stupid as to just accept three men can procreate. Some places even require the birth information of your parents. And this includes getting professional degrees acknowledged. That child is locked into the US for life. Cruel selfishness!
just like millions of heterosexuals who employed a surrogate for have a child...oh wait none of this is actually an issue

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
just like millions of heterosexuals who employed a surrogate for have a child...oh wait none of this is actually an issue
They still do not get any procreation material from their married partner. Homosexual couples cannot reproduce themselves with their chosen partner. Deal with it. Of course babies can even be bought for money if a couple wants one but they cannot reproduce themselves unless there is one male and one female. That is biology set in stone, despite the homosexual community insisting it is not so. They can obtain children. They just cannot have one together that is biologically from both.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
says who?

so all parents who adopt are selfish?
The birth certificate is an offical document one needs all one's life. The piece says the government did not name the mother but 3 fathers instead. Is the OP wrong?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you were saying the same things about any interracial marriage relationship was wrong what would it be called? It wouldn't be called disagreement
But the poster is not saying that. If you were to say that marriages between 10 year olds and men over 40 was not wrong if both agree, does that make you something besides "tolerant?"

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isn't it aggravating when someone resorts to using that old and illogical argument?

If something is wrong, just find something worse to mention and that's supposed to make the first one okay.

I have to agree with you on this, Albion. ... Sorry @iluvatar5150

I'm kind of think'n that, at the bare minimum, God isn't really just all "okey-dokey" with all and every sexual and relational combination we human beings can dream up.

At the same time, I'm under ZERO delusions that Christians will win any significant political points in the coming years, and so, all of those who think they're committed to the Rainbow Committee will have their day in the sun. But just for a day. Maybe two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Conservative Christians happily turn a blind eye to a host of things that displease God. Handwringing over “thruples” has nothing to do with godliness and everything to do with stoking fear and maintaining power.

Yes, that can be the case, but just keep in mind that what I've just said above isn't a politically "conservative" statement. There's no "handwringing" here on my part. I fully expect for Christians to be displaced and that politics will become like a rainbow in the day, and no longer just in the dark.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟295,527.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You still haven't explained to me your problem with interracial marriage.

Also, what does interracial marriage have to do with polygamy and Polyamory?

Christians have been engaged in the former on occasion since before the USA even existed. Yet you want to compare interracial marriage to Polyamory? A direct violation of the ideal of marriage as held within in the Christian tradition? Why even have marriage rules and expectations to begin with if it doesn't matter any more? Just have sex with anyone, I guess.

Earlier you implied God isn't displeased with this three man orgy. Please explain your reasoning. Or what, are you just gonna call your opponent a racist?

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟295,527.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Conservative Christians happily turn a blind eye to a host of things that displease God. Handwringing over “thruples” has nothing to do with godliness and everything to do with stoking fear and maintaining power.

Christians in general might have blind spots or areas that they focus on. Yet I would have thought even Traditional Christians and Modernist Christians could agree on how Polyamory and Polygamy is not a good thing.

What is the justification for Polyamory in your view of things?

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟815,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Christians in general might have blind spots or areas that they focus on. Yet I would have thought even Traditional Christians and Modernist Christians could agree on how Polyamory and Polygamy is not a good thing.

What is the justification for Polyamory in your view of things?
IMO There is no justification for polyamory in a Christian mind set. But if you're trying to undermine the Truth, then there you go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
They still do not get any procreation material from their married partner. Homosexual couples cannot reproduce themselves with their chosen partner. Deal with it.
Neither can many heterosexual couples. So what?

Of course babies can even be bought for money if a couple wants one but they cannot reproduce themselves unless there is one male and one female. That is biology set in stone, despite the homosexual community insisting it is not so. They can obtain children. They just cannot have one together that is biologically from both.
just like many heterosexual couples. Again so what?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The birth certificate is an offical document one needs all one's life. The piece says the government did not name the mother but 3 fathers instead. Is the OP wrong?
but you claimed: "There was a mother but this information will be forever withheld from that child"

who says it is ever going to withheld from that child?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
But the poster is not saying that. If you were to say that marriages between 10 year olds and men over 40 was not wrong if both agree, does that make you something besides "tolerant?"
can a 10 year old give consent to be married? NO.

if the poster i was responding to said the dame thing about in interracial family or any sort it would be considered to be hate. Hate doesn't magically change into love just because it is being directed against a different minority

Upvote 0