US
✟1,120,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
People in camouflage walk through his lands with the assurance that they are not likely to be caught as they hoof it for the road near Arivaca to catch a ride east to Tucson. Mr. Chilton said Border Patrol agents have told him that one-fifth of the people crossing his ranch tote drugs.

“I’m outraged,” he said in a telephone interview with The Times. “Bottom line, four, five, six years ago, we were averaging about 130 people every six months [on the images]. Since February, we picked up our cameras just lately, 2,500 images. That’s at least a 10-times increase.”

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,120,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Interestingly the Border Patrol says that over 80% of fentanyl smuggled into the US is by America citizens through legal points of entry.
Is that how much is smuggled; or is that how much was seized? It's a lot easier to to detect it, when you have people standing in line to be questioned, and sniffed by dogs.

Reactions: Torah Keeper
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟158,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As things get tougher around the world America should expect more immigrants. We really do need congress to reform and enforce our border rules. Each administration has passed this buck onto the next administration without making immigration reform a priority. We should start holding members of congress accountable if we truly want to mitigate illegal immigration.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟328,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,124,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As things get tougher around the world America should expect more immigrants. We really do need congress to reform and enforce our border rules. Each administration has passed this buck onto the next administration without making immigration reform a priority. We should start holding members of congress accountable if we truly want to mitigate illegal immigration.
I think there has been a little movement for reform. There's a farm immigration bill in the Senate that Sen. Bennet (CO) is trying to get passed and to the Pres. by the end of the year. The House has already passed a bill.
But I'm with you this problem needs to be "reformed and enforced" with new border laws. What's happening now is not sustainable for many people, not just ranchers like the one in the OP.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,120,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟328,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A blog? Really?
Are you unfamiliar with the Cato Institute? It's generally considered the foremost libertarian think tank.

I didn't say anything about asylum seekers. Nice Red herring!
Tell me you didn't read the article without telling me you didn't read the article. It says plenty about illegal immigrants.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟44,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Interestingly the Border Patrol says that over 80% of fentanyl smuggled into the US is by America citizens through legal points of entry.
Interestingly the Border Patrol is saying they allow 80% of fentanyl into USA on purpose. Hmm.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟44,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When did they say that?
Right here. Because drugs=$$$$$$$$$$. There is more to the "war on drugs" than what people think.

Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟44,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Nope, I didn't say that. But you are claiming they said something that they not only didn't say but is the opposite of what they said.
Exactly. They said something that is the complete opposite of the truth. That is called a lie. Politicians, and government agencies do it all the time. Hence my skepticism of every word out of their mouth.

Let's think about this logically. Since we know that fentanyl use is a big problem in USA, they are not intercepting a signifigant portion of it. So the vast majority of fentanyl must be getting past the border. And it is.

And what's more unbelievable, they are blaming the fentanyl crisis on American citizens, saying that somehow those American citizens still manage to sneak in 80% of the fentanyl right under border patrol's noses. Well, if border patrol are missing the fentanyl that is going through secure checkpoints, and that missed at the checkpoints is 80%, how do they know that only 20% is going through the remaining unsecured border? They don't. It's rubbish.

They are letting it in on purpose. Biden's orders. And he takes orders from his boss too.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟328,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly. They said something that is the complete opposite of the truth. That is called a lie. Politicians, and government agencies do it all the time. Hence my skepticism of every word out of their mouth.

Let's think about this logically. Since we know that fentanyl use is a big problem in USA, they are not intercepting a signifigant portion of it. So the vast majority of fentanyl must be getting past the border. And it is.

And what's more unbelievable, they are blaming the fentanyl crisis on American citizens, saying that somehow those American citizens still manage to sneak in 80% of the fentanyl right under border patrol's noses. Well, if border patrol are missing the fentanyl that is going through secure checkpoints, and that missed at the checkpoints is 80%, how do they know that only 20% is going through the remaining unsecured border? They don't. It's rubbish.

They are letting it in on purpose. Biden's orders. And he takes orders from his boss too.
I'd tell you where the Conspiracy Theories forum is, but you probably wouldn't believe me.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Really? How do they know it's 80%?

Reactions: Torah Keeper
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟451,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh wait...the Cato Institute.

Libertarians.

Its funny to see them agreeing with the Border Patrol at the beginning....then disagreeing with them at the end.

The same group advocating for decriminalizing drugs and government assistance in addiction treatment is also against government healthcare.

They should ask Portland how decriminalizing drugs has been going.

Libertarians seem like the mirror opposite of communists. They also don't fundamentally understand economics and human nature.

Upvote 0