President Biden and Democrats have a plan for American energy: make it harder to produce and more expensive to purchase

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟79,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“Common sense” had the sun going around the Earth each day.
I disagree.... I remember being taught that belief was taught to the people because the experts and religious leaders in Europe actually wanted to believe that the Earth was the center of the solar system. Perhaps there are very old historical documents or an extensive study into the history which can reveal whatever the reason was that people had that belief.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟155,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I disagree.... I remember being taught that belief was taught to the people because the experts and religious leaders in Europe actually wanted to believe that the Earth was the center of the solar system. Perhaps there are very old historical documents or an extensive study into the history which can reveal whatever the reason was that people had that belief.
I’m sorry, perhaps I’m not understanding you here:
Are you saying that you cannot understand how reasonably intelligent people could think (or “believe”) that Sol revolved around Earth to make the day-night-cycle?

Upvote 0