✟494,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
How do you do it in your house?

Do you clean or do you just keep to unleavned bread during the holiday?

I'm thinking of going away for it this year ( I eat too many crackers in bed).

My Grandmother would get on her hands and knees and scrub the floors with a toothbrush, that was until she had a stroke while doing it. She still cleaned, scrubbed and repainted the kitchen cabinets every Spring but didn't scrub so earnestly.

I like to prepare ahead and get out all the leavened and group it in an area so I know what needs to be consumed beforehand.

This year I was waiting for the best time to order from Katz Bakery and put it off (I forgot) and then I made a big order and when it came I realized I had a bit over a month to eat it all! Duh! But I am enjoying the bagels, the Rugelah, the hamentashen and the breads, something I don't usually have (I'm Celiac so these are a special treat to me).

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I must admit I am the lazy type. I clean house of course but still have that silly old tradition of selling my chametz just in case. I always- repeat always- do Pesach at someone else's place. :)

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
We're going away this Passover. I'm taking my prepared meal with me and like the very first one, I'm having mine in the sand near the sea. :)

I was very happy to find K4P that's Gluten free this year, lots of stuff never on my shelves before. I still had to make my own Matzo Ball soup but I always have anyway even before finding out I had celiac so no problem there.

I hope you have a wonderful Chag Sameach wherever you eat!

I'll be with you in spirit. :wave:

Upvote 0