Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1) When did you get married? 16 years ago
2) How long have you been together? 17 years
3) How did you meet? Thats a story in itself, in the middle of nowhere, small town SD
4) Do you have a rich spiritual life with your significant other and do you both acknowledge Christ every day? Do you feel you can talk to this person about anything and everything? Yes, we are soulmates, always thinking and saying the same things. Yes, she is the reason my relationship with God is what it is today!
5) Have you ever stayed up for hours contemplating spiritual questions and the spiritual quality of your life together? (this is something I'm pinning for right now) We did in the first few years, now we know only the death of this world will part us.
6) What would you change about the other person? Nothing, even with perceived faults we both have, we compliment each other and make each other stronger.
7) Anything else you want to add!
Always stay close in your relationship with God, always put Him first, even before your husband or wife, learn what the biblical meaning of the different kinds of love are, and be patient, Gods timing is not our timing, let Him guide your footsteps, and not just marriage, but your whole life will be a lot more peaceful and fulfilling.
God bless

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
HI. I'm making this thread to better understand what normal people do when they grow up :) I can still dream. Just a few questions for those of us who are married people here...

1) When did you get married?
2) How long have you been together?
3) How did you meet?
4) Do you have a rich spiritual life with your significant other and do you both acknowledge Christ every day? Do you feel you can talk to this person about anything and everything?
5) Have you ever stayed up for hours contemplating spiritual questions and the spiritual quality of your life together? (this is something I'm pinning for right now)
6) What would you change about the other person?

aaand go

1. Married in 1995, so married 22 years this summer
2. Met at the end of 1991, so together 26 years by the end of this year.
3. Honestly, met in a bar.
4. Yes, we have a rich spiritual life, partially together and partially separately, with close associations and participation in our church. Yes, we acknowledge Christ every day, not perfectly, but we try. My wife is the only person with whom I feel I can discuss anything (except the Lord, of course). I am fortunate enough to have married someone who became my very best friend, and who I love more and more each day.
5. No. She is less of a contemplative than am I, so has less interest in such discussions...but she is more practical in action, so we complement each other well.
6. Not a thing. I love her imperfections as much as her virtues, and cherish her as a whole. If I changed something about her, she would not be the person I loved (and love) enough to have married.
7. Thanks be to God for providing me with a spouse who is a perfect fit for me! I don't want to sound boastful, nor do I want to pretend that we have not had arguments, disagreements, struggles and hard times, but I am more grateful to be married all the time, and value the benefits of our marriage far more than I struggle with the hardships...but it is hard work.

Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Married 13 years
Said "I do" five months after first date (I do not recommend this)
She worked in an office where I did business
We have a very strong spiritual foundation. We did not in the beginning and it caused many struggles.
We discuss absolutely everything openly. I am a strong proponent for brutal honesty and open dialogue.
Yes
I wouldn't change a thing. Her strength is my weakness and vise versa. She is a beautiful, sexy woman. She carries a few extra pounds and I don't mind one bit.

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟816,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1) When did you get married? One year this April.
2) How long have you been together? Since December 2014
3) How did you meet? Online
4) Do you have a rich spiritual life with your significant other and do you both acknowledge Christ every day? Do you feel you can talk to this person about anything and everything? Yes, we are both Christians...not sure how one "acknowledges Christ" to one another other than following His guide and the Bible. Yes, we are open with everything to each other.
5) Have you ever stayed up for hours contemplating spiritual questions and the spiritual quality of your life together? (this is something I'm pinning for right now) Not really. She is a believer, but not interested in "contemplating spiritual questions" she believes that Christ saved her, and this is good enough for her, and that works for me. I am interested in theology and spiritual questions, but I do my own research, talk online, and talk with friends on this subject.
6) What would you change about the other person? Nothing, really. We work very well together.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟462,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) When did you get married? 1989
2) How long have you been together? Started dating in 1985, so almost 32 years
3) How did you meet? She showed up at the house I was living at in college, thinking there was a social event that evening. There wasn't, but we invited her to hang out with us anyway. We became friends and started dating a couple of months later.
4) Do you have a rich spiritual life with your significant other and do you both acknowledge Christ every day? Do you feel you can talk to this person about anything and everything? We both are solid in our faith and it is a 24/7 thing. I can talk to her about most things - everything is an absolute and there are some things both of us realize would be better not discussed.
5) Have you ever stayed up for hours contemplating spiritual questions and the spiritual quality of your life together? (this is something I'm pinning for right now) Not really. In all the years of marriage we've accumulated a lot of time covering those things, but not hours at a time.
6) What would you change about the other person? More of a saver, less of a spender.

Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI. I'm making this thread to better understand what normal people do when they grow up :) I can still dream. Just a few questions for those of us who are married people here...

1) When did you get married?
2) How long have you been together?
3) How did you meet?
4) Do you have a rich spiritual life with your significant other and do you both acknowledge Christ every day? Do you feel you can talk to this person about anything and everything?
5) Have you ever stayed up for hours contemplating spiritual questions and the spiritual quality of your life together? (this is something I'm pinning for right now)
6) What would you change about the other person?

aaand go
1. My wife and I got married about a year and 3 weeks ago,
2. We have been dating for a little over 3 years.
3. I was doing weird comedy/music videos on youtube and so was she, she saw one of my videos and messaged me and said "I think you are the boy version of me" I watched one of her videos and said "I don't see it" And then we just started talking, now we're married, and we are kind of the same person, so see? Right there from the get go, the woman is always right ;)
4. I don't think I could say yes to this statement enough, it's ALL we do all day every day basically. Outside of watching a few animes and listening to music we just pour through youtube videos about God, read the Word together, discuss deep aspects of God's character, yeah it's... that's our life.
5. Almost every single night, I actually look forward to it alot it's like, all day you're doing all this stuff, but once the night time comes it's like I'm back in my happy place, going on all kinds of neat mind journeys together.
6. Nothing, but not because she's perfect. It's more like, I've seen me and her actually work through our issues and I've seen her mature so much and me too, sure she has issues, but I enjoy watching God work them out in her, I wouldn't want to just "change them", I love watching her learn and grow, and I'd want to be given time to change too so I appreciate her being the same way with me.
7. NIP YOUR PROBLEMS IN THE BUD. I think the reason me and my wife are so happy and in love still is because we do not go to sleep angry. We don't let little issues go, when one of us has a problem with the other we immediately address it and come to an understanding. I think what kills relationships often is letting a bunch of little things go until there are so many it's become a huge things. Fix em while they're small and you'll be ok :)

3. I text the wrong number and he started joking around with me. I went with the flow and we decided to meet in person.
That is such a funny way to meet your husbnd, love it! lol

[

Upvote 0