Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Here's my Remington 870 12-gauge:
View attachment 191615
A little cumbersome for home defense, but great for shooting trap, skeet and sporting clays.
You could buy a Remington 18" barrel for home defense and change them out as needed

• Informative
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

PRESIDIO

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟60,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Very cool; did you have an issue with your 870 jamming at all?

Yeah, I would love to get a tactile shotgun if I had the money. I recently discovered fully-automatic shotguns - those would be epic to fire, but would probably destroy my shoulder lol.

The great thing about an 870 is it is the standard by which all other shotguns are judged. You can find a plethora of accessories for this gun including an 18 inch barrel that interfaces. By having two barrels you can have your 18 for home defense and when you want to bird hunt switch out the barrel. You could probably find one used or buy new for 150 or so. Alternatively you could by a Maverick 88 by Mossberg for about 200. I have one and its the best 200 I ever spent

PRESIDIO

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I love my 870, but did have a lot of problems with it jamming. Then again, I mainly shot it during the summer.

You could buy a Remington 18" barrel for home defense and change them out as needed
That's a great idea, thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟843,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Not just a 'guy thing'. :) I don't have a pic of any of my firearms on the computer I am on currently but I will post some later today.

As a firearm enthusiast I am glad to see this sub-forum
My wife loves shooting, mainly our .22 High Standard Sport King.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟843,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My Winchester Model 62A; I routinely out-shoot all sorts of modern rifles with open sights, and this rifle, based on the serial number is 80 years old:

wm_8487640.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My Winchester Model 62A; I routinely out-shoot all sorts of modern rifles with open sights, and this rifle, based on the serial number is 80 years old:

wm_8487640.jpg

That Winchester is in excellent condition.

Upvote 0

PRESIDIO

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟60,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
My son with his Ruger 10/22. The 10/22 and the Marlin 60 are without a doubt the two most prolific 22 rifles. There is a reason for this, they are great little rifles
Ev1.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have this guy as well - my go-to defensive weapon of choice. But, I mainly use it for settling vendettas against flying rats.

PlasticA.jpg

PlasticB.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I love guns more than my wife let's me love guns, lol...don't really have a collection yet...currently only own two.

My favorite is my Walther P99 AS 9mm, I like the decocker safety feature which gives it a heavy pull on the first round, so you don't have an accidental discharge. But, man, the trigger on that thing after the first round is as smooth as butter, just a light squeeze...lighter than any Glock I've shot. And it just fits perfectly in my hand.

Also own a Heckler and Koch HK4. My dad picked this up in Germany in the early 70s when he was working as an undercover narcotics agent for the Army CID. Very small and great for concealed carry. The cool thing about this gun is it has four interchangeable barrels; 22, 25, 32 and 380...I keep the 380 in it and this is my concealed carry gun, but the 22 is great for teaching the kids to shoot...only thing I don't like is it's a bit heavy. I know some guys snub a 380 saying that it's not a very powerful round...but, it's all about placement. And, I have a big sentimental attachment to this one.

I've owned a couple of others in the past, Glock 27, S&W 38 special and a few shotguns that I've sold over the years. Really want to get a few more handguns and a couple of rifles.

Don't have any pics on this computer, but I'll try to upload some later. I think you guys will really like the HK4, it's a really cool piece.

Upvote 0

PRESIDIO

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟60,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
1911 is one of the greatest of all time. There is a reason it is still popular after 100 years. Served the U.S. Military through multiple wars and by far and away my favorite to shoot
1911 Warstick.jpg

Upvote 0

PRESIDIO

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟60,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
A day at the range with the fellas. We all served in the U.S. Marines at one time or the other although we did not serve together and did not know each other at any time while in the Marine Corps. We all became friends after we were out. You have a conglomeration of different firearms here. AK top left, I have an LMT M4, Short barrel SBR M4, and Savage sniper rifle. Hope you have enjoyed the pictures.
DSC02563.JPG

Attachments

• DSC02563.JPG
    DSC02563.JPG
    750.8 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0