PCs rul3z. M4X Drulez.

Athlon4all

I'm offline indefintely
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
✟15,965.00
The most recent iMac with OS X really is a great OS, and the iMac's design rulkez too, but there is still one cavet (*something that the Mac has suffered from since the very first Macintosh), Software. I cannot run the exact same programs on the iMac that I can on my PC. This is why I will never use an iMac for my main PC. Plus, the PC is superior in terms of hardware (Radeon 9700 for PC vs GF4MX for iMac, 2.8GHz P4's vs what 1-1.5GHz G4's for the imac?, etc). And Windows XP is a great OS as well.

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Macs are good, PC's are good, Unix is really good for servers, Linux is a good OS too. I would actually switch to Linux except for all those Windows progarms I "need." :)

Mac's are good, but expensive and incompatible.

Unix is good but I don't relaly hear much about Unix games ;)

Windows is by far the most compatible, the most troublesome, and the one with the best games :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank

has the Right to be wrong
May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally posted by paulewog
Macs are good, PC's are good, Unix is really good for servers, Linux is a good OS too. I would actually switch to Linux except for all those Windows progarms I "need." :)

Mac's are good, but expensive and incompatible.

Unix is good but I don't relaly hear much about Unix games ;)

Windows is by far the most compatible, the most troublesome, and the one with the best games :D

ROTFLMHO

THIS MUST BE THE MOST DIPLOMATIC POST ABOUT COMPUTER OS EVER WRITTEN. :D :D 

Me I love IMac.

Upvote 0

Hojo Hominygrits

Now with 25% more hominy!
Jun 28, 2002
Mesa, AZ
Visit site
✟498.00
Faith
Non-Denom
HAHA, oh this thread is going to be huge I predict. Maybe we should have a forum just for PC and MAC apologetics! :D

My stance is that both are good depending on what you want to do.

If you are into video/music editing and desktop publishing only, then Mac is great.

If you actually use your computer for anything other than work, then you want a PC. PC's can do all the desktop publishing/photoshop/music a Mac can. (Albeit not as efficiently) So if you want it all, PC is the way to go. Sorry mac guys, there are simply more options available with a PC. Blame Steve Jobs! ;)

Upvote 0

Awake

Sep 4, 2002
✟15,260.00
Faith
Methodist
As an application developer, I look at this like any good harlot would:  my favorite platform is the one on which you will pay me to write applications.  On the same note, my favorite language is determined in the same manner. ;)

At home though, I use PCs running either Windows 2K or XP, and code in C++ or C#.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
PC,

1. Amd Athlon 2200+ (overclocked) 512megs of ddr ram. Geforce 4 ti 4600 agp gfx card, water cooled heatsink, 17inch montior.  Windows Xp (this is my gaming computer)

2. p3 700mhz, 256megs of sdram, voodoo3 3000. no monitor, the os is FreeBSD (this is my unix server) uptime is (6:54AM  up 137 days,  6:11, 2 users, load averages: 0.03, 0.12, 0.15)

3. p3 667mhz 256megs of sdram, geforce 4 mx 440, 15 inch montior, windows 2000. (just a computer i use for whatever)

4. p3 1ghz, 512 megs of ddr ram, geforce 3 mx, 15 inch montior, windows 2000 (another gaming computer)

Upvote 0