Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I like what we have so far. One question: Would it be alright if I edited it to explicitly include lapsed and former Catholics as members? Protinus has outlined inclusion of those groups as part of his vision for this forum.
i'm sorry FB will repsond later /getting slammed at work

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is a wiki F&B. In my mind, if you think it will clarify what this forum is all about, go ahead and make your changes.

Alright, I did go ahead and make some changes, but Protinus is welcome to edit them back if he feels they are not in line with his vision for the forum. This is his baby, so I want to defer to him as much as possible here.

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I think Jason, if you agree, that anyone who supported the forum request and has shown interest here should be able to add to the Wiki: Old Catholics, Prog Catholics, Non-Catholics. FnB was always a supporter and very kind to anyone who entered the Anglican forum...which reflects the ecumenism that we are trying to project.

Upvote 0

IowaLutheran

Veteran
Aug 29, 2004
Iowa
✟9,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That was my bad IL. Sorry bro.

Nothing to be sorry about, I was just glad to see us in there when I looked at the wiki:

"It is joyfully anticipated that a lively group of moderate and liberal Roman Catholics, Old Catholics, Anglicans, Eastern Orthodox, Lutherans, former Catholics, and others will join us in community here. We want to cast the widest net possible in building community."

I don't really consider myself to be a liberal but from a conservative Roman Catholic perspective I suppose I am. I am looking forward to discuss our ecumenical relationship in positive terms - sometimes on OBOB it is like Vatican II and all ten rounds of Lutheran/Catholic dialogue since then never happened. I've tried to point out that Pope Benedict (definitely no liberal) admires Luther and has written that Catholic theology on the validity of the sacraments does not mean that Jesus is not present in our Lord's Supper, but some do not seem it get it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"It is joyfully anticipated that a lively group of moderate and liberal Roman Catholics, Old Catholics, Anglicans, Eastern Orthodox, Lutherans, former Catholics, and others will join us in community here. We want to cast the widest net possible in building community."

I see a Unitarian posts here. I'm a former Unitarian. They included too?

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟259,163.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I see a Unitarian posts here. I'm a former Unitarian. They included too?
unitarians are more than welcome here, as is anyone that has an interest in discussing the Catholic faith, IMO

Would you agree, Jason and Protinus?

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
unitarians are more than welcome here, as is anyone that has an interest in discussing the Catholic faith, IMO

Would you agree, Jason and Protinus?

Absolutely and welcome!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.