FreakOnALeash

Feb 28, 2016
Uk
✟15,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So a couple of friend and I used a Ouja board, not in our homes though. Well it didn't go according to plan. Now although I don't beleve it to be tue we have sitt got rid of if. Any opinions on using Ouja boards and what where your personal experiences using it, just interested. I know we were probable just thinking to much about it but it just seemed so real.... Even though I'm sure it was not evil and there are other explanation.... Any thought on this?

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Thrash Metalhead

I'm not so Grump
Sep 21, 2015
North Carolina
✟33,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't really know much about it but I do have a friend whose mom has used it before and she said that strange things started to happen. In my own family some of them have used it and my mom have a couple of stories about them.

She said that her sister and her heard footsteps in the middle of the night thinking it was their cousin but when they checked, they couldn't find the source of it.

There was also another time when she was wiping the microwave and she said that she saw faces in them. She turned around to look and see if someone was there but, as you guessed it, there was no one behind her. So she turned back to the microwave and she saw the images again but this time they were starting to move and at that point my mom just ran out of the house and did not want to go back.

(Of course, these are my mom's words so you should probably take it with a grain of salt.)

Now, what I think about it is that you have to be careful with those kinds of things (if they do work that is) because they are not to be messed around with and are not a toy. You have to know what you're doing or you might unleash something that you have no control over.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Harmless. :) The only powers of a Ouija board are the ones you subconsciously give to it. The board possesses no connection to the spiritual world, and is not evil.

This helps to explain how the board works: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130729-what-makes-the-ouija-board-move

^ This. Saying it's evil is like saying black cats are evil. It's just folksy superstition. I'm surprised the game is even still available bc it's so boring. I've played it at this cafe that has old games. By old I mean old. Probably from the 70s or something judging from the box.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Honestly I think harmless. I am not into superstition at all. However I am not really comfortable with this kind of game. And true, Cimorene, this is old-fashioned! Funny how people say that only sciences exist but still believe on the supernatural and spiritism.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
+
✟21,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Demonic. They literally are like a doorway that opens up and allows evil spirits to enter. My opinion as to why a lot of people think they are harmless is because if terrible/scary things happened 100% of the time, the 'games' would probably recieve a lot less attention... the enemy is not that dumb.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Honestly I think harmless. I am not into superstition at all. However I am not really comfortable with this kind of game. And true, Cimorene, this is old-fashioned! Funny how people say that only sciences exist but still believe on the supernatural and spiritism.

Yep! I'm not into superstition either. I think the reason the board game is not made that much anymore isn't bc it's "evil" but bc it's silly. I don't think many people saw the point in it.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
+
✟21,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yep! I'm not into superstition either. I think the reason the board game is not made that much anymore isn't bc it's "evil" but bc it's silly. I don't think many people saw the point in it.

Ouija board sales have gone way up in recent years

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Ouija board sales have gone way up in recent years

I've literally never seen them in a store in Canada. Maybe in other countries they are on popular but probably just for the high lulz factor. :)

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I think they are evil. Stay away from them.

Edit to say: I am sorry, I did not realize I had stumbled on to a teen forum. please disregard my opinion.

Easy mistake to make! :) Edit - I just noticed the age of some of the other posters in the thread too. You're not the only one to make that mistake, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
So a couple of friend and I used a Ouja board, not in our homes though. Well it didn't go according to plan. Now although I don't beleve it to be tue we have sitt got rid of if. Any opinions on using Ouja boards and what where your personal experiences using it, just interested. I know we were probable just thinking to much about it but it just seemed so real.... Even though I'm sure it was not evil and there are other explanation.... Any thought on this?
They're harmless. It's called the ideomotor effect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums