Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NEW BIN LADEN VIDEO
Separately, a report in Britain’s Sunday Times newspaper said a new bin Laden video showed the Saudi dissident at the start of the U.S.-led coalition’s military offensive against al-Qaida and Afghanistan’s former ruling Taliban.
The 40-minute video, heretofore unseen in the West, was obtained by a Britain-based Islamic news agency from a Pakistani intelligence official who claimed part of the video had been filmed in March, The Times said. If true, the film would be the first evidence that bin Laden survived the coalition assault on the Tora Bora mountain range last year.
Bin Laden is shown discussing jihad, or holy war, with several armed guards, The Times said.
The video includes footage of the destruction of the World Trade Center and footage of Western leaders meeting with Middle Eastern officials, The Times reported.
In the video, bin Laden threatens any country that sides with the United States or Israel.
“The war is between us and the Jews,” The Times quotes him as saying. “Any country that steps into the same trench as the Jews has only herself to blame.”
The al-Qaida leader specifically singles out Britain and the United States in the video, according to The Times.
In a reference to an earlier warning made by al-Qaida spokesman Sheikh Sulaiman Abu Gaith, bin Laden says that if Abu Gaith “specifically targeted Britain and America — this war is not confined to them — it served as an opportunity for other nations to revise their stance.”
The film has yet to be viewed by Western intelligence agencies and the date it was made remained unclear.

Here we go again. :eek: They are threatening an attack as bad if not worse than 911 on the United States. They also are including Britain. :sigh:

:) LOVE

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brittain, the US and any other nation that opposes them.

Threats make our ears perk up, violence makes us take action. S

itting around waiting won't help anything. Do you think that we've been pro-active enough or should we take further steps to ensure national security?

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Threats make our ears perk up, violence makes us take action

We don't act...We react.

Even when the threat is practically handed to us we do not understand. The President is in trouble now for not putting two and two together.

I wonder have you heard any of the...unrelated news stories.

Some Airport uniforms were stolen.

A semi with a type of nerve gas was hi-jacked.

But do not concern yourself...it is believed that the thief does not know what it contains.

I guess he just wanted to take a joy ride in a semi!LOL

Upvote 0

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We don't act...We react.

Lately, that's true.

Even when the threat is practically handed to us we do not understand. The President is in trouble now for not putting two and two together.

I don't think you understand intelligence gathering. The president isn't the one who figures this stuff out. That's up to the FBI, NSA, and CIA.

Some Airport uniforms were stolen.

Happens all of the time. This is no news to me. The media is just now getting in on it because of all of the conspiracy theories going around. IU've had my uniforms stolen before too.

A semi with a type of nerve gas was hi-jacked.

It wasn't nerve gas. It was a chemical that is used to mine gold and copper. It has sufficating effects. It is possible that it was a terrorist act, but then again, these fellas may have not had any idea what they were taking. Or maybe they just wanted some free mining agents.

It happened in Mexico city, I would have surprised if it wasn't stolen. :)

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It wasn't nerve gas. It was a chemical that is used to mine gold and copper. It has sufficating effects.

Do you know the name of the chemical?

I don't think you understand intelligence gathering. The president isn't the one who figures this stuff out. That's up to the FBI, NSA, and CIA.

I will not let the President off the hook. It comes with the office. Tough job...getting tougher. I wonder if he would have fought so hard for election if he had an idea of what would happen? Maybe he is on the phone with Gore right now trying to set up another re-count.LOL :D

Upvote 0

coastie

Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you know the name of the chemical?

I'll find it for you.

I wonder if he would have fought so hard for election if he had an idea of what would happen?

I sure wouldn't have :)

Ok, picture this. You are now thew president. Everyday you receive several hundred bits and pieces of intell from all over the world. You cannot follow up on every one. It is not easy to decide which has anything to do with the other.

Each one individually seems pointless or non-significant. Now you have to decide whih one is the biggest threat. If you don't pick the right one there can be a major disaster where thousands of lives will be lost.

We really have no idea how many ohers that Government agencies have thwarted. Since everyone hates the US, it wasn't a questin of if we would be attacked successfully, it was a question of when.

Furthermore, it is not the job of the president to piece this stuff together. We have other agencies who are only responsible for this sort of thing. Also, there are two wings which could have caught this had the intelligence been properly submitted.

Blaming the president at this point in the game had potential of messing up a very complicated operation. It is foolish to bring this stuff up at this time. The left wing is just in the mood for some president bashing. It's election year and time to sling some mud. Don't fall for the lure.

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was recovered but they were unclear about if any cyanide was missing.

That is strange. It should be simple to know if the cyanide is missing. :rolleyes:

Here is what I found out about cyanide on the web...

eMedicine

Background: Hydrogen cyanide (HCN; North Atlantic Treaty Organization [NATO] designation AC) is 1 of 2 cyanide chemical warfare agents. The other is cyanogen chloride (NATO designation CK). Cyanide first was used as a chemical weapon in World War I. The French used approximately 4000 tons without notable military success. This was most likely because of the high volatility of cyanide and the fact that the 1- to 2-lb munitions used could not deliver the amounts of chemical required for biological effects. Other alleged military employments of cyanide include Japanese attacks on China before and during World War II and Iraqi attacks on Kurds in the 1980s.

Cyanide is a rapidly lethal agent when used in enclosed spaces where high concentrations can be achieved easily. In addition, because of the extensive use of cyanide in industry in the US, this agent presents a credible threat for terrorist use. Emergency physicians also may encounter cyanide casualties resulting from industrial accidents. Specific industrial processes involving cyanide include fumigation; metal cleaning, reclaiming, and/or hardening; electroplating; or photoprocessing. Other potential sources of cyanide are fires involving plastics and/or synthetics, acrylic nail removers containing acetonitrile or propionitrile, or nitroprusside infusions. Numerous plants contain amygdalin, which can be hydrolyzed to AC following the ingestion of large quantities.

Pathophysiology: While liquid cyanide can be absorbed through the skin or eyes, the primary route of exposure is by inhalation or ingestion. Following absorption, cyanide is distributed rapidly to all organs and tissues in the body. Cyanide combines with ferric iron in cytochrome a3 (a component of the cytochrome oxidase complex in mitochondria) and inhibits this enzyme. This prevents intracellular oxygen use and results in imbalance between ATP hydrolysis and production. Metabolic acidosis is a hallmark of cyanide toxicity. It develops as cells are forced to use anaerobic metabolism and accumulate hydrogen ions and lactate.

Frequency:

In the US: Emergency physicians are unlikely to encounter casualties from AC used as a weapon except in the setting of a terrorist attack. Typical cyanide exposures are the result of liberation of the chemical during house and/or industrial fires or accidents.
Mortality/Morbidity: The LCt50 (concentration-time product capable of killing 50% of exposed group) for AC is 2500-5000 mg·min/m3. The lethal oral dose of AC and cyanide salts is estimated to be 50 mg and 100-200 mg, respectively. The LD50 (dose capable of killing 50% of exposed group) for skin exposures is estimated at 100 mg/kg. Vapor exposures in high concentrations (at or above the LCt50) typically can cause death in 6-8 minutes. CLINICAL Section 3 of 10

History: Key historic features for suspected AC casualties include the time and nature of exposure; route of exposure; presence of smoke; odors and colors of gas; onset, severity, and time course of symptoms; effects on surroundings (dead animals, other human casualties); and evidence of exposure to other chemicals or co-ingestants. As many as 50% of patients exposed to cyanide may describe an odor of bitter almonds.

Symptoms after high vapor exposure
Transient hyperpnea and hypertension 15 seconds after inhalation
Convulsions 15-30 seconds later
Respiratory arrest 2-3 minutes later
Bradycardia, hypotension, and cardiac arrest within 6-8 minutes of exposure
Symptoms after exposure to lower vapor concentrations or after ingestion and/or liquid exposure
May be several minutes before onset
Transient hyperpnea
Feelings of apprehension or anxiety
Vertigo
Feeling of weakness
Nausea with or without vomiting
Muscular trembling
Progression of symptoms to unconsciousness
Bradypnea followed by apnea
Convulsions
Cardiac dysrhythmias followed by cardiac arrest
Exposure to nitriles (acetonitrile and/or propionitrile) - May be associated with a significant delay in onset of symptoms
Physical: Physical findings are nonspecific and are similar to those of severe hypoxemia.

Severe respiratory distress in an acyanotic patient suggests possible cyanide toxicity.
When observed, "cherry-red" skin suggests concomitant carbon monoxide poisoning or high venous oxygen content from failure of tissues to extract oxygen. Arterialization of the venous blood also may be noted during phlebotomy or examination of the retinal veins.
Bright red skin and absence of cyanosis seldom are described in patients with cyanide poisoning, most likely because of concomitant cardiovascular collapse.
Patients may demonstrate diaphoresis with normal or dilated pupils.
Initial hypertension and compensatory bradycardia are followed by hypotension and tachycardia.
Terminal hypotension is accompanied by bradyarrhythmias prior to asystole.
Causes: Causes of cyanide casualties include deliberate use as a chemical warfare agent, industrial exposures, and toxic byproducts of fires. DIFFERENTIALS Section 4 of 10

CBRNE - Cyanides, Cyanogen Chloride
CBRNE - Nerve Agents, Binary: GB2, VX2
CBRNE - Nerve Agents, G-series: Tabun, Sarin, Soman
CBRNE - Nerve Agents, V-series: Ve, Vg, Vm, Vx
Shock, Septic
Toxicity, Carbon Monoxide
Toxicity, Ethylene Glycol
Toxicity, Hydrogen Sulfide
Toxicity, Isoniazid
Toxicity, Organophosphate and Carbamate

Other Problems to be Considered:

Consider the diagnosis of cyanide poisoning in patients with rapid collapse or seizures accompanied by metabolic acidosis and decreased oxygen consumption. Other agents that may have similar features in toxicity include the following:

Methemoglobin-inducing agents
Carbon monoxide
Inert gases (simple asphyxiants)
Hydrogen sulfide
Azides
Arsine
Phosphine
Monomethylhydrazine
Isoniazid
Water hemlock
Strychnine
Organophosphates
Metformin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably not a bad idea except if you read the explanation of it, you will have already breathed it in by the time you get your mask. Sorry!

The whole "attack the president thing" smells too much like politics to me...

And the whole "We don't know if any was taken" thing does sound odd to me too. Why can't we just be let in on what happened?? Sheesh! But either way, outlook isn't good for big cities...just be prepared and trust God to get you safely through it. If something happens to you the worst thing that can happen is you die and get to be in "paradise." So don't worry, rejoice and be glad for this is the day that the Lord has made!! WHO-HOO!! :)

Upvote 0