New Propellantless Propulsion Drive - That Physics Says Shouldn’t Work - Just Produced Enough Thrust to Overcome Earth’s Gravity | The Debrief

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,462.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
the obvious message was, this is a poor investment.

I agree and that's a much nicer way to say it.

instead of this:
I'm a GWD coz I don't throw D ( dollars )
at d ( dumb) things.
Where you sound mean and insulting. Doesn't make sense why you would respond that way.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,462.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So much assuming!
Someone said DDD for "dude deep debt"

At least I wrote the meaning of the abbreviation.

You're assuming anyone who is in debt is asking for money or made bad investments.

The debt wasn't mine to begin with. I inherited it from parents.

And you live in Hong Kong. Are you a citizen? I have a relative there and my relative told me Hong Kong citizens have it easy compared to the rest of the world so don't be quick to judge.

Ironically, I have worked in Hong Kong for a short period and never got paid that much my whole life then hospital service is free. You have no idea how fortunate you are in terms of money compared to the rest of the world. Maybe except for owning cars but public transport is one of the best and cheap.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟246,080.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Is dumb a thing?
Only in a niche colloquial sense. However things can be dumb. Estrid was clearly, by my reading, calling things dumb, not people and certainly not you.
And my guess at GWD, because it fit with her message and your DDD, Girl With Dollars. Your reading of mean was a mis-reading.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,462.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Only in a niche colloquial sense. However things can be dumb. Estrid was clearly, by my reading, calling things dumb, not people and certainly not you.

I got your point. Thanks for clearing that up!

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,462.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And my guess at GWD, because it fit with her message and your DDD, Girl With Dollars. Your reading of mean was a mis-reading.

No way I would have guessed it. You must be smart or I'm actually dumb.

Anyway, as courtesy, I did write the meaning of DDD.

I inherited a large debt from parents. I never hated my parents for it and I still love them as much as before. Never have I dreamt of replacing my parents but the debt really made my life incredibly difficult and extremely stressful for many years and many more years to come, it literally almost killed me by giving me heart attacks.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟246,080.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
No way I would have guessed it. You must be smart or I'm actually dumb.

Anyway, as courtesy, I did write the meaning of DDD
I doubt either is true. Plus, we don't know if I got it right.

Yes, it is courteous to explain abbreviations. On the other hand, responding with an unexplained abbreviation is actually a recognition of the wit of yours and an implicit salute to the expectation you'll likely get it.

Also, Estrid has a particular truncated style that has to be adapted to. It used to annoy me; now I accept it for what it is.

Sorry to hear about the financial problems you had and the impact they have had on your life.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟156,691.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I doubt either is true. Plus, we don't know if I got it right.

Yes, it is courteous to explain abbreviations. On the other hand, responding with an unexplained abbreviation is actually a recognition of the wit of yours and an implicit salute to the expectation you'll likely get it.

Also, Estrid has a particular truncated style that has to be adapted to. It used to annoy me; now I accept it for what it is.

Sorry to hear about the financial problems you had and the impact they have had on your life.
For "truncated style" , behold " Singlish" which
learned a little of while living in Singapore.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟156,691.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
At least I wrote the meaning of the abbreviation.

You're assuming anyone who is in debt is asking for money or made bad investments.

The debt wasn't mine to begin with. I inherited it from parents.

And you live in Hong Kong. Are you a citizen? I have a relative there and my relative told me Hong Kong citizens have it easy compared to the rest of the world so don't be quick to judge.

Ironically, I have worked in Hong Kong for a short period and never got paid that much my whole life then hospital service is free. You have no idea how fortunate you are in terms of money compared to the rest of the world. Maybe except for owning cars but public transport is one of the best and cheap.
Quick to judge...

Maybe ask or observe before assuming about me?

I'm sorry of you found what's not there in my words,
about making bad investments, debt.
This super propulsion thung was all I referred to.
Looks like a bad investment.

Amazon wasn't! :D

Born in HK. Financially I've had it super easy.

But I triple guarantee you'd not think I've had it easy or
volunteer to see how what ive been thru would suit you
if you knew.

HK is hypercompetitice, stressful. Very crowded and expensive.

I for sure have it good, a nice flat at Repulse Bay and
good income.

But I've been in sad parts of HK, even the Walled City before it was demolished, many areas of mainland,
Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam...it's not like I haven't seen
things. With stout companion!! I'm only like 4 ft 11 inches
and 90 some lbs.

Where in HK were you? For how long?

I studied in NYC, have been to maybe 20 states.

Im a fan of USA and will be more if / when you get a good leader!
Anyway sorry for misunderstandings, I've no wish for
any unpleasantness w you.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟948,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Plus, we don't know if I got it right.
She says so here:
So much assuming!
Someone said DDD for "dude deep debt"

In a try at faint humour- what Americans find funny
( or believable) always puzzles me-
I said I'm girl with dollars coz I don't make dumb
investments.

I assumed that whether or not gwd was translated,
the obvious message was, this is a poor investment.

But regardless, I gotta declare you winner in the assumption derby.

• Useful
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟313,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Non-equilibrium thermodynamics aren't a violation of "the laws of physics".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,462.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
HK is hypercompetitice, stressful. Very crowded and expensive.

Lived in Taipo and then in the flat above Shatin mall for two years back in 2009 and worked in a supply chain company nearby.

I shared the flat with few other people.

I was able save most of my income in HK and my income in HK was 10x more than I was making at home. So to me that was the dream. It's just unfortunate my contract isn't a permanent position, otherwise, I'd never have left HK.

I personally found the cost of living in HK cheaper than in many other places and citizens have perks that will make Americans drool.

But I also believe you that it can be expensive to live in HK for example, if you want to live in and around the business district. I wouldn't do that personally. I'd rather commute longer distances. The train is cheap and fast anyway and I have no other "business" in the business district other than work and maybe just a little bit of shopping for inexpensive things which doesn't happen very often. I'm mostly just work <---> home. No schedules, no plans. Great way to save money and I do the same wherever I went.

I studied in NYC

Many Americans themselves wouldn't have afforded it.

HK is just a different world. Much less financial pressures unless you're forcing yourself into a lifestyle that's expensive/unsustainable. I can understand the strong temptation to spend/waste money in HK but if your goal is to save money, make good investments, I found it much easier to do in HK than other places. With less pressure, you're less likely to make unwanted risks and make informed decisions.

In other countries, it just feels like people are out to rob you of money all the time. Difficult to run an honest business without exploiting the weaknesses of other people.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0