Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
2000 4Runner
Confirmed: coolant leak from the freeze plug, rusted radiator
Possible: blown head gasket
Quote from mechanic: $1500 -$2000 to fix freeze plug leak, $500 for new radiator.

It may be possible to clean the rust out of the radiator without replacing it. It may also be possible to get a cheaper price for freeze plug coolant leak fix, but minimum price for that fix is $1000. They have to drop the transmission and exhaust to get to it, it’s labor intensive.

Right now, pray for wisdom for decision making for my boyfriend, me, and my brother (who likes dealing with car problems but can’t drop an entire transmission!). If the head gasket is blown, the car is totaled. Also pray for provision, protection for us, and people to come alongside us to help.

Finally, please pray for wisdom for me, as I am driving my boyfriend around where he needs to go. The car broke down when he was trying to help me pick up a bike to help me with a detail of my new job, so my brother and me got involved in this mess. But I am going back to school next week and training for my new job, and so I badly need someone else locally to help him until the car gets fixed or we decide to replace it. There’s some spiritual factors going into the repair/replace decision, so pray that God would guide our minds and hearts.

Thanks.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟205,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Update: We managed to get enough help to get the car towed back to my boyfriends’ standard mechanic, I.e. closer to home, for a second opinion/price quote. God’s provision is seemingly tilting toward repair here. Please continue to keep us in prayer.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟205,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Update: We found someone to repair the vehicle on Tuesday. Please pray that the repair goes well without causing any more problems to the car, as my boyfriend badly needs it to run. Thanks.

Upvote 0