Morehouse Students Turn Their Backs, Walk Out of Graduation as Joe Biden Gives Speech

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: RileyG

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,137,943.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He is not pandering. He respects our historic ties to Israel, but, like most of us, he thinks Netanyahu needs to go. He is under indictment and is holding on as PM to save his skin.

We can't force Israel to stop.tge genocide, but we should not support genocide with our tax dollars.

People who are pro-life should understand this. Gaza refugees are every bit as precious as the unborn, and the excruciating starvation, homelessness, bombing, and murder is hundreds of times more painful and excruciating than that of a fetus, ninety plus percent of whom are aborted while unable to feel pain.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟151,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is not pandering. He respects our historic ties to Israel, but, like most of us, he thinks Netanyahu needs to go. He is under indictment and is holding on as PM to save his skin.

We can't force Israel to stop.tge genocide, but we should not support genocide with our tax dollars.

People who are pro-life should understand this. Gaza refugees are every bit as precious as the unborn, and the excruciating starvation, homelessness, bombing, and murder is hundreds of times more painful and excruciating than that of a fetus, ninety plus percent of whom are aborted while unable to feel pain.
Ignoring the war, and all other situations, whether one is liberal or conservative, is it okay to have a politician go to a graduation ceremony, and take the attention off the students graduating by giving a speech?

If we isolate all other factors, if Trump or Biden entered a school during graduation, and if was a parent of a kid who was graduating, it would ruin my son's/daughter's graduation day. In other words, keep politicians out of schools. We already have to hear enough about both politicians on the 24/7 news.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

There are people who have had it a lot tougher than those in Gaza for a lot longer. What the Gazans need to do is report the locations of the tunnels and Hamas strongholds to end the war quickly.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟250,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ignoring the war, and all other situations, whether one is liberal or conservative, is it okay to have a politician go to a graduation ceremony, and take the attention off the students graduating by giving a speech?

If we isolate all other factors, if Trump or Biden entered a school during graduation, and if was a parent of a kid who was graduating, it would ruin my son's/daughter's graduation day. In other words, keep politicians out of schools. We already have to hear enough about both politicians on the 24/7 news.
Do you think Joe just walked in and demanded to speak at the graduation?? He was invited. The school invited him. ??

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There are people who have had it a lot tougher than those in Gaza for a lot longer. What the Gazans need to do is report the locations of the tunnels and Hamas strongholds to end the war quickly.
Sure, all they need to do is turn traitor to their own people, that’s the ticket!
(You understand that these people wouldn’t be “turning in a terrorist“ but ratting out “Uncle Ahmad”, right?)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟151,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think Joe just walked in and demanded to speak at the graduation?? He was invited. The school invited him. ??
Yes, the school invited him in. Schools should focus on education first, instead of inviting politicians in.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,137,943.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So your excuse for Netanyahu's savagery is that millions have died in Biafra and Darfur and from Russia's invasion of Ukraine?
"Oh, they don't have it so tough!"
Really? Really?
We deplore all unjust war and genocide.
But it is rare that we subsidize this savagery, and it must stop. Let them murder on their own dime.
Just as border extremists here who use razor wire, throw children back into the Rio Grande, etc. are also practicing savagery (and many think that's not enough.)
They are not invaders. We don't want drug traffickers, obviously! We have too many homegrown ones in the rural South cooking up meth in their homes already. Stats show the rural South has devastating problems, and it's not because of immigrants.
So you don't condemn all immigrants or all Palestinians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, the school invited him in. Schools should focus on education first, instead of inviting politicians in.
Just mail diplomas out and not have the pomp and ceremony of Graduation?
Yeah, no, the Ivory Towers folk loves them some theatre too.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Graduation speakers are usually chosen by the graduating class themselves and not by the leadership of the university. I'm sure many graduating classes invited President Biden, but very few will get the sitting president.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟151,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Graduation speakers are usually chosen by the graduating class themselves and not by the leadership of the university. I'm sure many graduating classes invited President Biden, but very few will get the sitting president.
I never knew this. I live under a rock, and do not know much about how colleges operate behind the scenes. :)

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟199,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I very much enjoy watching freshly-minted graduates participate in grass roots activism or non-violent protest, if I agree with them or not. There’s something gratifying about seeing the next generation of educated adults take their newfound knowledge and confidence and using it to make a stand on something they feel strongly about.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟263,009.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Joe is having a difficult time pandering to both sides.
Bit of a tricky one this, eh? You like that they protesting at Biden, but you don't like what they're protesting about. But good to see his response:

'Other graduates walked out of the ceremony as a sign of protest, though the Times notes that Biden's speech was largely uninterrupted. When he finished, attendees in the VIP section chanted, “Four more years.”

“I support peaceful nonviolent protest,” Biden told students in his speech. “Your voices should be heard, and I promise you I hear them.” He also said he is "working around the clock” for an immediate ceasefire.'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bit of a tricky one this, eh? You like that they protesting at Biden, but you don't like what they're protesting about. But good to see his response:

'Other graduates walked out of the ceremony as a sign of protest, though the Times notes that Biden's speech was largely uninterrupted. When he finished, attendees in the VIP section chanted, “Four more years.”

“I support peaceful nonviolent protest,” Biden told students in his speech. “Your voices should be heard, and I promise you I hear them.” He also said he is "working around the clock” for an immediate ceasefire.'
Yes, "largely uninterrupted" just like the "mostly peaceful" BLM protests. In fact January 6th Trump supporters were mostly peaceful. The reality is that Democrats typically don't seek out alternative news sources, and have been bombarded with the message from the woke media that the Gazans are the victims. Listening to those sources a person might think the Israelis are going after women and children, starving them to death and shooting them on sight, while killing terrorists is an afterthought.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Good to see students expressing their views. As Biden said, their views should be heard. I'm sure that you agree.
I absolutely am for non-violent freedom of speech. I think they should let conservatives speak on college campuses as well.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟250,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It was the graduation ceremony. The school did its job. What are you even talking about right now?

Upvote 0