lost again

O

orange crush

I love Lost, however i didnt think that this epsiode was anything speicial. Maybe my hopes were just too high and it was letdown, or i dunno. It was still good, and leaves lots to ponder while i wait for next week.

My biggest disappointment with the episode was the flash-backs. I love the flash-backs in this show, they are done so well. But in last night's episode, the majority of hte flash backs didnt reveal much and seemed almost just like filler, except for Kate's.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to next week's two hour finale.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyone else catch last night's number-connections? The numbers are 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. The seats on the plane that Jack and the girl at the bar were sitting in were 23B and 42F.

I imagine we'll see more backstory on the other characters next week - Locke and Hurley in particular. I really want to know what caused Locke's paralysis, and I definitely want to see Hurley notice the numbers on the hatch.

The preview for next week looked incredible. I need to go back and play it again in slow-mo, or frame-by-frame so I can catch all the little snippets they were throwing into that 20 seconds of promo. I can't wait for next week! :D

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
From what we know, Kate needs serious mental therapy.

To plan a bank robbery for a metal miniture plane is out there.
Shooting her gang members to prevent them from harming the victims
was the only thing she could have done.

I think it was not mentioned why she shot them. At least the Air marshal didn't know
why. or thought it was made up.

We still don't know why she was being sought by law enforcement in the first place.
But we know she has been linked:
Death of her friend.(indirectly causing his death)
bank robbery
shooting her fellow criminals
assaulting an officer.(several counts)
and probably more I haven't thought of.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Billnew, Dude... if everything is revealed in Season 1, Lost just becomes the Twin Peaks of this decade. For all the questions answered in the last two episodes, there are many others not answered, and for that matter, as some of us have noted (like when will Hurley see notice the numbers on The Hatch) even more are being raised.

Isn't it delicious!

Snoochface, great catch! :thumbsup:

valentine said:
^^I agree and I thought it was very special that she made the book of English words for him -- he already had picked up a few words.

One thing I noticed was something that I encounter when trying to communicate with non-English speakers, sometimes inflection and gesturing can create a working pseudolanguage. Michael and Jin were both saying stuff in English and Korean respectively, but they understood each other to build a boat.

Another sweet moment I appreciated was when Michael and Sun said goodbye. Not quite up to the Jin/Sun reconcilliation or Jame..er.. Sawyer/Jack goodbye, but Michael had had a very fractious relationship with them from the beginning, then learned Sun spoke English (and kept it secret) and to top the fractous triad, he basically steals Jin from Sun. Michael and Sun's hug was a resolution of the whole season's story line for the three.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RUN HIDE OR DIE

Okay, So how did Danielle know where to find the Survivors? And How did she know the Others were coming? Locke also noticed the scratches on Danielle's arm, which means she may have had contact with the monster and so has Locke. Do they both have some special insights to the island now, just like Walt? And we now discover that Alex is her daughter, maybe 16 or even older. Wonder if she's still alive. And why wasn't Alex susceptible to the illness that killed those on her expedition?

snapshot122.bmp

BLACK SMOKE

Look at the Black smoke - doesn't it look like it's being funneled, like it would in say a "factory?" Do you think that is coincidental? But wouldn't they need some kind of feul or coal or something to make the black smoke. Black smoke was also recently used when they were announcing that a pope hadn't yet been selected. Could they be using another religious sign that the "baby" has been born but hasn't yet been received in their presence.

snapshot124.bmp

snapshot123.bmp

BLACK ROCK

Danielle told Sayid that the Others controlled the Black Rock, why put the survivors to a place controlled by the Others? How did the ship get in the middle of the jungle in the first place? This ship does seem to be very old, definately late 1800s, so is this to indicate several people have been shipwrecked here over time?

snapshot128.bmp

Also regarding Sawyers real name, Check this out:

http://www.illinoishistory.com/jamesford.html

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone know why Kate's mother reacted fearfully when she went to see her in the hospital or why Kate was on the "lam" even then? The only thing I dread about next week's episode is that it will leave even more unanswered questions for me to ponder until the new season begins. :mad::cry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Knowing all the back-story info about her, I wouldn't trust her with my dog, but since Walt doesn't know about her background and is compassionate toward her, I can see why he would trust her. Isn't it amazing that Sahid has embarked on a love affair with Shannon after her treatment of him in the airport. Surely he, being a soldier, etc., would recognize her. :scratch:

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am glad you guys have this thread going and give so much insight because i am not good at catching alot of things on the show itself. I wouldnt know half of what i know if i didnt read this thread! lol. I missed the first half of last weeks epi because my bro was on the phone and i couldnt get him to stop yapping away.
I'm sure there will be lots left unanswered in the season finale, unfortunatley. wonder if it will be a major cliffhanger like "Who shot JR?" was ..lol

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
karenmarie said:
I'm sure there will be lots left unanswered in the season finale, unfortunatley. wonder if it will be a major cliffhanger like "Who shot JR?" was ..lol

I really stay away from spoilers with this show, because I love the surprise element. But from what I have spotted, I think there will be a few cliffhangers and a major one that will have clue-seekers searching back through all the episodes.

Has anyone ever read the "diary" being written by an unknown castaway. (Well she just revealed her name on this episodes entry into the diary, but we still don't know who she is). The diary is interesting cause sometimes it adds clues and gives you the perspective of someone else on the island. I'm wondering if her character will eventually be revealed on the show. Here's the link http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary29.html

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
suzybeezy said:
Look at the Black smoke - doesn't it look like it's being funneled, like it would in say a "factory?" Do you think that is coincidental? But wouldn't they need some kind of feul or coal or something to make the black smoke. Black smoke was also recently used when they were announcing that a pope hadn't yet been selected. Could they be using another religious sign that the "baby" has been born but hasn't yet been received in their presence.

Well, CGI can certainly do a better job at producing a convincing smoke signal than even the Church of Rome. :D My first thought was on the lack of air currents over a tropical island that has proven to have more sudden rainshowers than Seattle. And yet, the column of smoke looks to go up at least 500 ft. before curving and another 500 before starting to disburse.

My other thought was - tire fire (and where the heck did The Others get all those tires?).

suzybeezy said:
BLACK ROCK

...This ship does seem to be very old, definately late 1800s,

You're right, but off by 50-100 years. Steam powered paddleboats were taking over from sail powered ships by the 1860s. The ship could be from nearly a century earlier, which again makes me raise one of my few factual issues, which is dynomite wasn't invented until after ships like this were obsolete and long decomissioned as ships of the line.

suzybeezy said:
Also regarding Sawyers real name, Check this out:

http://www.illinoishistory.com/jamesford.html

Argh! More questions...

Following the decline of the pirates, another group of outlaws preyed upon travelers in the general vicinity of the Cave-in-Rock.

Bolds mine with these comments:
- Black Rock being a ship from the period of piracy.
- Sawyer, Kate, in some ways Sayeed.
- The passengers of Oceanic 815.
- The Cave in at the caves earlier in the season.

This show is so delicious! :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
valentine said:
:amen: :D Love your choice of terms, my opinion exactly.

With all the vapid garbage (not that we're not living in a reinassaince of dramas - even if they're all police proceedurals) that pollutes the airwaves these days, Lost is like that grand entree served after a few courses appetizers meant to heighten your hunger, not to fill it.

Two comments and I hope to bow out of this thread until Thursday:

- Even if J.J. Abrams, etc. blow it all in the finale, this has been a wonderful season, and I'm glad I got hooked from episode 1.
- If you watch the finale in real time, and must post comments to CF, please don't forget to use spoiler tags until 7am EST rolls around.

Oh, and one more thing about the season penultimate episode, the hot Latina chick in the Sydney airport was Michelle Rodriguez, thus continuing the producers/directors inspired guest casting. Kudos. Fasten your seat belts fellow Lost fans, the finale is going to be more of a bumpy ride than flight 815's was. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew Fox (I think that's his name) - Jack - was on Ellen DeGeneres today and he said the monster is going to be in the finale. As much as I'm looking forward to finally seeing what it is, I really hope they don't blow it with some cheesy CGI. I've never really gotten over watching Stephen King's IT and seeing the horrible overgrown rubber spider on steroids at the end... hence my concern.

Upvote 0

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
USincognito said:
With all the vapid garbage (not that we're not living in a reinassaince of dramas - even if they're all police proceedurals) that pollutes the airwaves these days, Lost is like that grand entree served after a few courses appetizers meant to heighten your hunger, not to fill it.

Once again, I agree with your observation. I stumbled onto this program searching for something entertaining and was hooked. I had to catch up on several previous episodes (and was for once glad they re-aired the entire series rather quickly). Unfortunately, I'm famished, so I'm anxiously anticipating the finale so I can have my Wednesday evenings back!!! :yum::D

Upvote 0