Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The statement (actually a response to a question about whether she though she'd been treated unfairly) was made BEFORE the election. How can she blame her loss on something before she'd known she'd lost?
Democratic Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blamed racism and her gender for her landslide defeat in her re-election bid, as Chicagoans weary of the rising crime on her watch celebrated her fall from “political rock star to rock bottom.”​
“I’m a black woman in America. Of course,” she replied when asked by a reporter if she had been treated unfairly.​
But she called being Chicago’s mayor “the honor of a lifetime.”​
“Regardless of tonight’s outcome, we fought the right fights and we put this city on a better path,” Lightfoot said, as she urged her fellow mayors around the US not to fear being bold.​

Chicago Mayor Lightfoot reacts to election loss, says she was treated unfairly because of her race, gender​

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,194.00
Faith
Pentecostal
There are actually cities with much worse murder rates than Chicago. Most of them are in red states. Chicago's murder rate is only twice the national average. Memphis, Tennessee is 4 times the national average.
Well this isn't about them. It's about Chicago. I hope law and order gets in place in all those cities that need it. But this thread is about Chicago. I was just there and the cabby told us to be very careful there as Chicago is not a safe place.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟767,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
When do you see Tennessee becoming a blue state?
I am being cynical but I am basing my observations on my home state of Pennsylvania. We voted for Trump in 2016, had 1 GOP US Senator, & both state houses under GOP control. Since 2020, the state voted demo for US president, both US Senators are demos, our State house of reps is now demo, & we have had 3 straight demo governor victories since 2012.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Life is never, ever that simple.
Life is that simple. It is not, however, easy. Thinking someone in or some group in power can make it easy is foolish and only makes it even harder.

Upvote 0