Justice Thomas raised crucial question about legitimacy of special counsel's prosecution of Trump

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟113,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, more to the point, the witness was making snide remarks, eye rolls etc and being disruptive. The judge had to nip that in the bud.
Actually that is not the point. His testimony was the point. With the way this judge conducted this trial there were probably a lot of eye rolls he didn’t catch. The witness was constantly interrupted I guess because what he had to say did not follow the prosecution narrative.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Actually that is not the point. His testimony was the point. With the way this judge conducted this trial there were probably a lot of eye rolls he didn’t catch. The witness was constantly interrupted I guess because what he had to say did not follow the prosecution narrative.
Is this right wing "oh the whole world is against us" nonsense?

It is part of the judge's job to maintain decorum and dignity within a court. It is a serious place with serious consequences.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟113,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is this right wing "oh the whole world is against us" nonsense?

It is part of the judge's job to maintain decorum and dignity within a court. It is a serious place with serious consequences.
We must be talking about different trials. Dignity is not an applicable word for this sham political hit job. Even a few honest leftists have acknowledged the misuse of the law here.

• Agree
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟103,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is my understanding she went into graphic detail without being ask to. The judge even commented that was unnecessary but he allowed it to continue because he is a corrupt judge.
It's not the judge's job to object to witness testimony. That's the defense's job. And the judge did call them out for not doing that.

-- A2SG, guess they were hoping for a mistrial...oh well, better luck next time....

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟113,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good thing Cohen done his time, then, huh?
I don’t think he has done any time for stealing money. I doubt he will ever be charged he has worked to hard for the liberals to get Trump.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟113,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not the judge's job to object to witness testimony. That's the defense's job. And the judge did call them out for not doing that.

-- A2SG, guess they were hoping for a mistrial...oh well, better luck next time....
Actually from your own article judge Merchan did object to at least one portion of her testimony. So yes he can object. As far as it being his job to object, it his responsibility to maintain order and that includes shutting down irrelevant banter even if the defense does not object. IMO prosecution and judge went down this road to taint Trump before the jury. The defense may not have objected because of the absurdness and irrelevance of it to bolster a possible future appeal. The judge could have and should have shut it down. This is a sham trial with a corrupt judge.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟113,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
. I was referring to his prior lies (including under oath) before this case. He admitted to many of those on the stand.
So you admit he was not a credible witness! Or do you feel he is a reformed convicted liar who now puts forth nothing but truth?

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟103,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually from your own article judge Merchan did object to at least one portion of her testimony. So yes he can object.
He can, but he shouldn't have had to. If the defense did it's job, that is.

Then again, I'm sure they'd prefer a mistrial. Yet another way to delay things.

As far as it being his job to object, it his responsibility to maintain order and that includes shutting down irrelevant banter even if the defense does not object. IMO prosecution and judge went down this road to taint Trump before the jury. The defense may not have objected because of the absurdness and irrelevance of it to bolster a possible future appeal. The judge could have and should have shut it down. This is a sham trial with a corrupt judge.
It isn't a judge's role to do the defense's job for them.

I'm sure even Trump's lawyers know, by now, they can't win on the facts of the case. That's probably why they're already focusing on the appeals. All the way to the Supreme Court.

-- A2SG, anything to avoid an actual fair trial...

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟121,669.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
While I would agree with you the behavior was a bit much, but to shoot someone in the head is pretty trigger happy, speaking of trigger happy cops shooting unarmed individuals...

It was not good police work in the least, especially considering they had a bit of a heads up that people were breaking in, so plenty of time to make a plan.

Instead we see a lone cop just start shooting. That's not keeping your head and having organized police work.
Absolutely was keeping your cool. They were moving people away behind them, IIRC Pelosi had passed behind them about a minute ago. They were in a restricted area, the police clearly told them to stop and warned them. The end result was that the idiot who ignored the warnings got shot and no one else was stupid enough to try anything. The traitor got what she deserved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

7thKeeper

Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟121,669.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
We must be talking about different trials. Dignity is not an applicable word for this sham political hit job. Even a few honest leftists have acknowledged the misuse of the law here.
"No dignity" = "They dare accuse my favourite politician of crimes they have evidence of!"

"Few honest leftist", meaning if anyone disagreed with you, they are by default dishonest. And also not naming anyone. "Lots of people say" , amirite?

You're just defending someone who couldn't handle it when the prosecution objected repeatedly and correctly to what he was doing and saying. Perhaps the defense should learn from that when it came to regarding how they should have functioned regarding Daniels.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟121,669.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow... Just wow.
I've said that several times about her. She'd been a member of the military and sworn her oath. That she then broke their oath with trying to stop a legal process of the state she'd sworn to defend and got killed in doing so is just. (Edit: Removing the Dante part from here. I mean it, but that was perhaps in bad taste).
I don't take kindly to traitors to their oaths as someone who's also sworn a similar oath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is my understanding she went into graphic detail without being ask to. The judge even commented that was unnecessary but he allowed it to continue because he is a corrupt judge.

The judge sustained the few objections raised by the defense. He even struck testimony himself. He further called out the defense for not objecting more.

You were saying you want to understand the facts? I suggest you do some more homework before parroting Fox news commentators.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟113,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure even Trump's lawyers know, by now, they can't win on the facts of the case.
Are you serious ? There are no facts that point to any crime committed by Trump. This DA can't even name a crime he used as basis to make past statute of limitation misdemeanors a felony.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟113,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"No dignity" = "They dare accuse my favourite politician of crimes they have evidence of!"
What evidence? List it!

"Few honest leftist", meaning if anyone disagreed with you, they are by default dishonest.
Actually I was referring for one to Allen Dershowitz who is a self proclaimed liberal who stands for the constitution and says this case has no basis in law. Yes I call that honesty because he puts the constitution over partisan politics. That is pure honesty!

And also not naming anyone. "Lots of people say" , amirite?

You're just defending someone who couldn't handle it when the prosecution objected repeatedly and correctly to what he was doing and saying. Perhaps the defense should learn from that when it came to regarding how they should have functioned regarding Daniels.
You are consumed with hatred for Trump regardless of the illegal circus surrounding him.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟113,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've said that several times about her. She'd been a member of the military and sworn her oath. That she then broke their oath with trying to stop a legal process of the state she'd sworn to defend and got killed in doing so is just. If we're to believe Dante, we know exactly in which circle of Hell she's deservedly rotting in right now.
Thank God it is He alone who says who goes to hell!
I don't take kindly to traitors to their oaths as someone who's also sworn a similar oath.
Judge Merchen swore an oath. DA Bragg swore an oath , Fanni swore an oath This list could get long are they condemned as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟113,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL

You are not in the courtroom to hear 4 weeks of testimony. Nor was Dershowitz.

The jury was...and will decide.
Niether was anyone on the forum but we seem to have a lot guilty verdicts flying around.

We do have accurate reporting from inside the court room so we are not as in the dark as you may think.

Dershowitz can look at the indictment and see it has no basis in law.

Trump haters are just consumed with unnatural rage and hate for someone who made this country a better place. Look to where we have fallen under the current resident.

Will you LOL when Trump once again sits in the Oval Office?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Niether was anyone on the forum but we seem to have a lot guilty verdicts flying around.

Such as?

We do have accurate reporting from inside the court room so we are not as in the dark as you may think.

From a former judge employed by Fox News to convey the MAGA talking points of the day?

Dershowitz can look at the indictment and see it has no basis in law.

Sure. Many others disagree with his opinion.

Trump haters are just consumed with unnatural rage and hate for someone who made this country a better place. Look to where we have fallen under the current resident.

Will you LOL when Trump once again sits in the Oval Office?

...all yes, the "Trump hater" card. Weak.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0