John 3:16 (Can John please clear up Kosmou(s) for us?)

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Care to explain? Hope you are reading the words literally.
Its the Mystery Paul was taking about Eph 3:1-6

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

The New Covenant was promised to the House of Israel, thats the Gospel promise, and Gentiles were included, its one body, the House of Israel, Spiritual

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is after you confess as 1Jo 1:9 says. The verse you are quoting is spoken with that in consideration. So first we must assent then we can partake of His faithfulness because of His name sake.

You speak of the Greek. Well then if you have any grip on that, then you know that they wrote in a linear fashion as we. So with that understood, understand that 1:9 is a prerequisite for 2:12.
Incidentally Forgive in 1:9 is second aorist active in the subjunctive mood. Which means it is an ongoing plausible action not a definite one. Couple that with the conditional particle "if" and we see without a doubt that the forgiveness of sin is subject to our assenting of our sin.

Isaiah is filled with conditional clauses.. At this point you should be asking yourself why are you not seeing them. And please stop making comments about my understanding. You do not have a clue to what we understand. Nor should you say so.
Your understanding is lacking, because,

Their sins have already been forgiven for Christs sake 1 Jn 2:12

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

Are forgiven here in the greek text is a perfect tense, a once and all completed work in the past with results standing in the present,

So unfortunately your understand is faulty. And the forgiveness is condition on His Names sake.

Upvote 0