Jesus, the only Way to God the Father but many ways to Jesus?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I believe Jesus is the only Way to our Heavenly Father, but are there many ways to Jesus? The law and the prophets, some near hear of that or don't like them. Of all things they like fables, LOTR, The Chronicles of Narnia, Superman, the Simpsons. Or they only like John the apostle. For some reverence and maybe nature, for others love captures them. Being covered in Jesus' blood directly. Testimonies of living water, or repentance, for me witnessing of the fact of the resurrection. Stories of great repentance, or stories of a little fountain of living water and gentle hymns, watch and pray. How we treat grace in life, a wife or husband, children, orphans, a lady at work. Women who are too available, Jesus takes it personally if we have anything of them as wives and the same with men. Jesus died to restore marriage, He feels for every tear of the second love. God's power, seeing it captures some.

1 Timothy 4:10,11 NKJV
10For to this end [c]we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. 11These things command and teach.

John 3:3, 14-21 NKJV
3Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born [a]again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15that whoever believes in Him should [c]not perish but have eternal life. 16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

I was taught that when you die to have life, you must be born again. Good moral people end up in Hell. The reaper must overtake the planter...

Many people after being revived by doctors, have seen the light and even change their names to suit the character change, from the great love. They have a new sense of purpose. Can people be born again after they die? If they love Jesus, perhaps by compassion for others around them, they automatically love Jesus?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟946,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Jesus is the only Way to our Heavenly Father, but are there many ways to Jesus? The law and the prophets, some near hear of that or don't like them. Of all things they like fables, LOTR, The Chronicles of Narnia, Superman, the Simpsons. Or they only like John the apostle. For some reverence and maybe nature, for others love captures them. Being covered in Jesus' blood directly. Testimonies of living water, or repentance, for me witnessing of the fact of the resurrection. Stories of great repentance, or stories of a little fountain of living water and gentle hymns, watch and pray. How we treat grace in life, a wife or husband, children, orphans, a lady at work. Women who are too available, Jesus takes it personally if we have anything of them as wives and the same with men. Jesus died to restore marriage, He feels for every tear of the second love. God's power, seeing it captures some.

1 Timothy 4:10,11 NKJV
10For to this end [c]we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. 11These things command and teach.

John 3:3, 14-21 NKJV
3Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born [a]again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15that whoever believes in Him should [c]not perish but have eternal life. 16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

I was taught that when you die to have life, you must be born again. Good moral people end up in Hell. The reaper must overtake the planter...

Many people after being revived by doctors, have seen the light and even change their names to suit the character change, from the great love. They have a new sense of purpose. Can people be born again after they die? If they love Jesus, perhaps by compassion for others around them, they automatically love Jesus?
Born again is receiving His Holy Spirit. It is not so much a path to the Father but the Father's path opened through Jesus Christ of Nazareth. In other words, He comes into us, the faithful. Blessings.
Jesus answered and said unto him," If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Born again is receiving His Holy Spirit. It is not so much a path to the Father but the Father's path opened through Jesus Christ of Nazareth. In other words, He comes into us, the faithful. Blessings.
Jesus answered and said unto him," If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."
From John 14.

By Way to the Father, I am not thinking of receiving God's Spirit more in this life, but think of Jesus the Way to the Father in Heaven after we die.

When we die Jesus asks, "Do you love me, what have you done for your fellow man?" To have the Kingdom as it progresses into living in Paradise or Heaven, and to meet God the Father and be perfected so to live with God forever in His place we need to love Jesus and so show it in other ways now. A good moral person can end up missing out on eternal life. There is a way to come to Jesus and then by Jesus to the afterlife and Heaven and the fellowship with God the Father.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟519,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good day,

The only meaningful way that one is even has the ability to come to Jesus is by being given to Him, by the Father.

The giving of the Father is the cause of the coming.

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

In Him

Bill

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Good day,

The only meaningful way that one is even has the ability to come to Jesus is by being given to Him, by the Father.

The giving of the Father is the cause of the coming.

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

In Him

Bill
What do you mean by meaningful?

Many situations existed and exist. Everyone dies, zygotes, infants, children, youths, older people, across the world. Buddhists, Hindus, Shinto, Muslims, different kinds of Christians, and atheists. And in modern times medicine has been used to revive people who briefly died. Mostly they have seen the light some have sunken into darkness. Some people, by faith in Jesus have been prepared for the light of life and others have been surprised that it is there.

Everyone should have an opportunity to come to Jesus, and it often takes an evangelist. But there are still dark corners of Africa... Father God wants each soul without exception. So for some, we find Jesus by evangelism. I found Jesus at first through tradition and some interceded for me and in fear of death I turned wholly to God. I was anchored to Jesus by the goodness of being forgiven.

Later I listened to radio stories of people who were witnesses to the fact of the resurrection, and how they came to be.

As in the Gospel, I saw healings and some believed on the basis of these works and some because of secret thoughts revealed, as in the letters of Paul. Signs and Wonders.

Their are stories such as Buddhists coming to Christ, but also accounts of Buddhists who died and were later resuscitated without knowing Christ. It is not the best for them. One Hindu lady saw the light and others were condemned. God the Father has a shortage of evangelists. Many souls have no guide except their conscience.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟946,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From John 14.

By Way to the Father, I am not thinking of receiving God's Spirit more in this life, but think of Jesus the Way to the Father in Heaven after we die.

When we die Jesus asks, "Do you love me, what have you done for your fellow man?" To have the Kingdom as it progresses into living in Paradise or Heaven, and to meet God the Father and be perfected so to live with God forever in His place we need to love Jesus and so show it in other ways now. A good moral person can end up missing out on eternal life. There is a way to come to Jesus and then by Jesus to the afterlife and Heaven and the fellowship with God the Father.
The Father makes His Home in us " now" while we are alive. This is the seal spoken of in Revelation and confirmed by Jesus Christ of Nazareth when He calls us His sheep and His Bride. Nothing can change after death. His Holy Spirit is the Spirit of everlasting life given to each and every believer now , while in the flesh. No Holy Spirit, no salvation.
" I never knew you ".,Jesus Christ of Nazareth said, to those who reject or quench His Spirit.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟519,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by meaningful?

Many situations existed and exist. Everyone dies, zygotes, infants, children, youths, older people, across the world. Buddhists, Hindus, Shinto, Muslims, different kinds of Christians, and atheists. And in modern times medicine has been used to revive people who briefly died. Mostly they have seen the light some have sunken into darkness. Some people, by faith in Jesus have been prepared for the light of life and others have been surprised that it is there.

Everyone should have an opportunity to come to Jesus, and it often takes an evangelist. But there are still dark corners of Africa... Father God wants each soul without exception. So for some, we find Jesus by evangelism. I found Jesus at first through tradition and some interceded for me and in fear of death I turned wholly to God. I was anchored to Jesus by the goodness of being forgiven.

Later I listened to radio stories of people who were witnesses to the fact of the resurrection, and how they came to be.

As in the Gospel, I saw healings and some believed on the basis of these works and some because of secret thoughts revealed, as in the letters of Paul. Signs and Wonders.

Their are stories such as Buddhists coming to Christ, but also accounts of Buddhists who died and were later resuscitated without knowing Christ. It is not the best for them. One Hindu lady saw the light and others were condemned. God the Father has a shortage of evangelists. Many souls have no guide except their conscience.
Good Day, GoldenKingGaze

I mean - significant or consequential.

Everyone does have an opportunity.. The issue is they hate light and love darkness..

They must be delivered and transferred. There is nothing in man that would cause him to love the light he hates, and hate the darkness he loves.

Col 1:13 He ( the Father) has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son , in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

They lack the ability to come Jesus said no man can (inability) , unless The Father does something.

Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

He is the one who by His will brings us forth:

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

He is the one that gives us to His son:

John 6 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Jesus has clearly stated he will call His sheep and He will build his church, that is a responsibility he takes for Himself. The means by which he does that is the Gospel.

Do you think he is lacking in His ability to do what he said he would do?

In Him,

Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The Father makes His Home in us " now" while we are alive. This is the seal spoken of in Revelation and confirmed by Jesus Christ of Nazareth when He calls us His sheep and His Bride. Nothing can change after death. His Holy Spirit is the Spirit of everlasting life given to each and every believer now , while in the flesh. No Holy Spirit, no salvation.
" I never knew you ".,Jesus Christ of Nazareth said, to those who reject or quench His Spirit.
Blessings.
These things happen in a process. Some progress further than others. Deceased infants can only begin after they die. I like to point out that infant condemnation was error soteriology.

The more we progress in this life, the more into the best of the next. Although it must be a great blessing to grow up in Heaven.

For those who may be deceived and reject or quench the Spirit, usually there is more, more salvation grasps them.

In the next life, the Father will personally meet us, and we must be cleansed in Jesus' powerful blood, in order to stand perfect and be accepted and later glorified. Jesus and His blood are the Way and ability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Good Day, GoldenKingGaze

I mean - significant or consequential.

Everyone does have an opportunity.. The issue is they hate light and love darkness..

They must be delivered and transferred. There is nothing in man that would cause him to love the light he hates, and hate the darkness he loves.

Col 1:13 He ( the Father) has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son , in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

They lack the ability to come Jesus said no man can (inability) , unless The Father does something.

Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

He is the one who by His will brings us forth:

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

He is the one that gives us to His son:

John 6 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Jesus has clearly stated he will call His sheep and He will build his church, that is a responsibility he takes for Himself. The means by which he does that is the Gospel.

Do you think he is lacking in His ability to do what he said he would do?

In Him,

Bill
He does not use angels to evangelize, but we all have guardian and warring angels and dreams and visions. We needed intercessors and evangelists... but there is a shortage, at first only the hundreds of Jesus disciples and lots of them became apostles and there was Philip the Evangelist who had three daughters who could prophesy.

Then those in Rome who would not worship the Emperor were put to death.

Missions began again with the German Moravians and servants like John G Lake.

NKJV Romans 10:14,15​

14How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

“How beautiful are the feet of those who Romans 10 NKJVpreach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

1 Timothy 4:10 God the saviour of all especially those who believe.

If we look at Buddhist Chinese and Japanese, at what age and why might they no longer enter the light of life after they die?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
This reminds me of strict old Roman Catholicism. Confess sins, be baptized in water, take communion... or when you die you will end up in Hell or purgatory. All souls become Catholics in Heaven if not already, by God's mercy.

Such as from Tales from the Crypt 1971, and the unfolding story of a grave yard where priests killed by the Protestant king of England, centuries before had been buried, tourists, all guilty of something get lost in a stone corridor, and a door closes behind them and they see an old priest sitting on a raised platform. But he does not offer them a way out, then we see their deeds. He says, I am not here to warn you, but tell you why. One man of the group backs off fast but falls down a shaft into a lava lake. The music is the Toccata and fugue in D Minor. The priest asks us if we will be next? The story closes to the music.

Does anyone really believe they were right after all?

The original church was empowered by Jesus then the Spirit at Pentecost. It progressed mightily. Paul who made one sinner go blind for his evil council to a governor Paul was preaching to did not manage this with Nero who became emperor, and demanded worship or the death penalty. Over the hundreds of years that followed, the empowered died at the ruling and vast numbers of others. The church was bogged down and they needed to seek God afresh for themselves, at the time Constantine made Christianity Rome's official religion.

What we were left with were some educated elders, who made mistakes but retained some important traditions. Trinitarianism, Continuationism, Christology... they were apologists, who explained and defended the faith. But also anathematized the ones they thought were wrong rather than show love. I may be mistaken. Later after Islam emerged, the RCC became political and heretics could be punished by burning at the stake. The was book censorship. After the protest of Luther there was the Thirty Years War. It was the way of erring righteousness of the apologists. We needed the Holy Spirit revival and finally got it.

[ME..DIA=youtube]ho9rZjlsyYY[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟519,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This reminds me of strict old Roman Catholicism. Confess sins, be baptized in water, take communion... or when you die you will end up in Hell or purgatory. All souls become Catholics in Heaven if not already, by God's mercy.

Such as from Tales from the Crypt 1971, and the unfolding story of a grave yard where priests killed by the Protestant king of England, centuries before had been buried, tourists, all guilty of something get lost in a stone corridor, and a door closes behind them and they see an old priest sitting on a raised platform. But he does not offer them a way out, then we see their deeds. He says, I am not here to warn you, but tell you why. One man of the group backs off fast but falls down a shaft into a lava lake. The music is the Toccata and fugue in D Minor. The priest asks us if we will be next? The story closes to the music.

Does anyone really believe they were right after all?

The original church was empowered by Jesus then the Spirit at Pentecost. It progressed mightily. Paul who made one sinner go blind for his evil council to a governor Paul was preaching to did not manage this with Nero who became emperor, and demanded worship or the death penalty. Over the hundreds of years that followed, the empowered died at the ruling and vast numbers of others. The church was bogged down and they needed to seek God afresh for themselves, at the time Constantine made Christianity Rome's official religion.

What we were left with were some educated elders, who made mistakes but retained some important traditions. Trinitarianism, Continuationism, Christology... they were apologists, who explained and defended the faith. But also anathematized the ones they thought were wrong rather than show love. I may be mistaken. Later after Islam emerged, the RCC became political and heretics could be punished by burning at the stake. The was book censorship. After the protest of Luther there was the Thirty Years War. It was the way of erring righteousness of the apologists. We needed the Holy Spirit revival and finally got it.

[ME..DIA=youtube]ho9rZjlsyYY[/MEDIA]

Good day,

Wow... I really think you should look in to some primary objective sources for your Church History.

I do not mean to be mean, but it is really lacking any basis reality. IMHO.

May I suggest for starters:

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Good day,

Wow... I really think you should look in to some primary objective sources for your Church History.

I do not mean to be mean, but it is really lacking any basis reality. IMHO.

May I suggest for starters:

In Him,

Bill
Thanks Bill, as you can see I like the first century church way, and being filled with the Spirit. I do not think the loss of spiritual gifts was God's will. It was misadventure. And it was followed by the dark ages and violence. I want quite literally, love. I want to be good at liking people and to become more likeable in so. I have experienced a little of God's goodness and it is my aim to taste a lot of that rather than to be academic but it is very attractive to have knowledge. I'd like to know the history of the Pneuma the Spirit from John's death to Daniel Kolenda's graduation from apprentice of Ps Bonnke.

Apart from Bruce Gore, do you you know of any continuationist lecturers? I have only come across some at Regent College Vancouver like Rikk Watts and Gordon Fee, FF Bruce. Your YouTube link looks good.

Keeping the OP what do you think of Buddhists who never heard the Gospel, young or old, and 1 Timothy 4:10 and Romans 10 and the need to hear the Gospel? Can the Father draw them, have them?

Jesus does not want anyone to be judged who never had the opportunity to repent, and all those in the world below were released and gifted around the time the resurrection took place.

I do not know what will happen to those ones who never heard the Gospel and were lost into suffering at death. Maybe they'll get a second chance, when Christ returns? Philippians 2:10,11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟946,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These things happen in a process. Some progress further than others. Deceased infants can only begin after they die. I like to point out that infant condemnation was error soteriology.

The more we progress in this life, the more into the best of the next. Although it must be a great blessing to grow up in Heaven.

For those who may be deceived and reject or quench the Spirit, usually there is more, more salvation grasps them.

In the next life, the Father will personally meet us, and we must be cleansed in Jesus' powerful blood, in order to stand perfect and be accepted and later glorified. Jesus and His blood are the Way and ability.
Infant and children.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟946,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They obtain life if they die? Or the Father draws them somehow in this one?
Infants and children have an innocence that Jesus Christ of Nazareth describes as follows:
Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

In reference to your quote:

" These things happen in a process. Some progress further than others. Deceased infants can only begin after they die. I like to point out that infant condemnation was error soteriology."

I fully agree that infant condemnation is in error however the notion that there is a " process" and that process begins after death is also in error. IMHO.The only process left after death is judgment and that is not something we can change. If one believes there is a process after death " purgatory " comes to mind and I do not believe in this. Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟519,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Bill, as you can see I like the first century church way, and being filled with the Spirit. I do not think the loss of spiritual gifts was God's will. It was misadventure. And it was followed by the dark ages and violence. I want quite literally, love. I want to be good at liking people and to become more likeable in so. I have experienced a little of God's goodness and it is my aim to taste a lot of that rather than to be academic but it is very attractive to have knowledge. I'd like to know the history of the Pneuma the Spirit from John's death to Daniel Kolenda's graduation from apprentice of Ps Bonnke.

Apart from Bruce Gore, do you you know of any continuationist lecturers? I have only come across some at Regent College Vancouver like Rikk Watts and Gordon Fee, FF Bruce. Your YouTube link looks good.

Keeping the OP what do you think of Buddhists who never heard the Gospel, young or old, and 1 Timothy 4:10 and Romans 10 and the need to hear the Gospel? Can the Father draw them, have them?

Jesus does not want anyone to be judged who never had the opportunity to repent, and all those in the world below were released and gifted around the time the resurrection took place.

I do not know what will happen to those ones who never heard the Gospel and were lost into suffering at death. Maybe they'll get a second chance, when Christ returns? Philippians 2:10,11
Good day, GKG

The Gospel is the only means that God uses to Draw His people..

This drawing by the Father is needed to overcome theirs inability to come.

Repentance is a granted by God, If God does not Grant it they can not repent.

2Ti 2:24 And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,
correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

Salvation is of the Lord... He adopts, draws, and grants gifts to His children. If He does not do these things Salvation is impossible.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Infants and children have an innocence that Jesus Christ of Nazareth describes as follows:
Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

In reference to your quote:

" These things happen in a process. Some progress further than others. Deceased infants can only begin after they die. I like to point out that infant condemnation was error soteriology."

I fully agree that infant condemnation is in error however the notion that there is a " process" and that process begins after death is also in error. IMHO.The only process left after death is judgment and that is not something we can change. If one believes there is a process after death " purgatory " comes to mind and I do not believe in this. Blessings.
Jesus taught he wanted us to trust like the little children, they have this quality, we should relearn.

Surely all of us need to become holy after we die, no one is ready to meet God?

And we will be perfected of what is lacking in the twinkling of an eye. 1 Corinthians 15:50-54.

There is need for healing and restoration... Restoration is the main whole Bible message.

I don't believe there is a place called purgatory but that we must grow holy after we die. There are crowns to obtain, choosing good amidst the choice of evil and others Christ regained after he ascended. We all obtain to the fullness of the stature of Christ. Christ was glorified, all wisdom all power, all knowledge is his.

Adam in the beginning did not progress far into his destiny. We must not only regain the holiness of pure Adam, but things he missed. Maybe he went to paradise when he died or after the resurrection.

The fullness of the stature of Christ, it now means suffering, and choosing good amidst the choice of evil. But Adam did not have to suffer, but only retain goodness and obey the command not to eat fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good from evil. Then he had other races and crowns to obtain, but we do not inherit them, but Christ gives them to us in the after life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟946,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus taught he wanted us to trust like the little children, they have this quality, we should relearn.

Surely all of us need to become holy after we die, no one is ready to meet God?

And we will be perfected of what is lacking in the twinkling of an eye. 1 Corinthians 15:50-54.

There is need for healing and restoration... Restoration is the main whole Bible message.

I don't believe there is a place called purgatory but that we must grow holy after we die. There are crowns to obtain, choosing good amidst the choice of evil and others Christ regained after he ascended. We all obtain to the fullness of the stature of Christ. Christ was glorified, all wisdom all power, all knowledge is his.

Adam in the beginning did not progress far into his destiny. We must not only regain the holiness of pure Adam, but things he missed. Maybe he went to paradise when he died or after the resurrection.

The fullness of the stature of Christ, it now means suffering, and choosing good amidst the choice of evil. But Adam did not have to suffer, but only retain goodness and obey the command not to eat fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good from evil. Then he had other races and crowns to obtain, but we do not inherit them, but Christ gives them to us in the after life.
Curious. Where do you find the teachings of working towards growing holier after death in order to obtain " crowns" , while dead? In other words post death growth towards holiness.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟256,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Curious. Where do you find the teachings of working towards growing holier after death in order to obtain " crowns" , while dead? In other words post death growth towards holiness.
Thanks.
There is the idea that there are races to run, not just one. In this life we run the race to obtain the crown, of choosing good amid the choice of evil. Jesus perfected that. But there was more to Him. In the days leading up to His glorification He took other crowns He laid down the glory of to enter our world in His humble form, kenosis, Phil 2. And we are to become like Christ, similar to Ephesians 4:13. Gaining all aspects of Christ-likeness, beyond choosing good amidst the choice of evil. Jesus' glorification was a great event, all wisdom, all power... leading up to that He regained the crowns He laid down. There are other races to run, and we can run them many times for the best result, but this life only once.

Ken Gott gave me a word on this in 1999. Because one leg for running this race was injured.

Upvote 0

John Mullally

Aug 5, 2020
Califormia
✟138,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Good day, GKG

The Gospel is the only means that God uses to Draw His people..

This drawing by the Father is needed to overcome theirs inability to come.

Fortunately, post Calvary all people are drawn to Jesus by Jesus.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”​
Repentance is a granted by God, If God does not Grant it they can not repent.
And God calls all people to repent - not just those who do so.

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.​
2Ti 2:24 And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,
correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.
For God to grant repentance simply means that God is answering your prayers, so that His evangelists may send out the gospel, in order that the lost will know the truth, and so that they can find forgiveness and salvation, which increases in possibility whenever the evangelist engages the lost with an attitude of patience, love and gentleness, so that the recipient is not automatically put off in a hostile, defensive mindset.
Salvation is of the Lord... He adopts, draws, and grants gifts to His children. If He does not do these things Salvation is impossible.
As an illustration of salvation being one-sided, and yet not implying anything Calvinistic, consider the example of the father of the Prodigal Son of Luke 15:11-32. When the son returned home in disgrace, the father could have had him stoned to death, but instead, the father chose to give his son full restoration. No one made him do it. The parable indicates that he simply, freely decided to show grace and mercy all on his own, even after bearing the full cost of his son’s misdeeds. Hence, restoration was all of the father. Yet, the son could have perished in the far country if he did not humble himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0