Feb 21, 2012
✟440,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Taliban never left Afghanistan. I pointed this out earlier in the thread.

Maybe not completely but the majority of Taliban retreated over international borders (namely Pakistan) where they prepared to stage their retake of Afghanistan.

Terrorism and support for terroist groups is a symptom and terrorism activities will continue until the cause of those symptoms is addressed.

It's a symptom of radical Islam, which is hard to address because...

1. People don't want to blame radical Islam for anything because it makes them a target of terrorism.
2. There's little difference between fundamentalist Islam and radical Islam.

Using military force against terrorist groups in general rarely if ever works, and even more rarely against well-established terrorist groups like Hamas. Military force isn't the only option when it comes to fighting terrorism and terrorist groups. On October 15th, I explained what Israel should have done to defeat Hamas:

Quite possibly the worst suggestion I've ever seen on this forum...

This can be done by Israel recognizing and respecting a Palestinian state and improving the lives of the Palestinian people.

Your response to the murder and kidnapping of deliberately targeted civilians is capitulation and submission....

This would only emboldened Hamas and increase their support amongst Palestinians.

"Israel needs to focus exclusively on hunting down all of the terrorists responsible for the attack, including the leadership of Hamas, and holding them accountable. Israel also needs to stop the influx of outside funding from countries like Iran. Bombing Gaza and punishing everyone living there for the actions of Hamas isn't going to destroy Hamas or end future terror attacks against Israel. The current approach is only going to exacerbate long-standing grievances between the Palestinians and Israel, and until those grievances are addressed, terrorist attacks against Israel will continue.

To defeat Hamas, Israel has to make supporting and joining them less attractive to Palestinians and potential recruits. This can be done by Israel recognizing and respecting a Palestinian state and improving the lives of the Palestinian people. Israel will need to play a direct role in rebuilding Gaza and improving infrastructure once the dust settles from this most recent bombardment. This, along with supporting economic development and offering livelihood opportunities, would go a long way in changing the attitude and mindset of those who live in Gaza. If Israel can show that they care more about the Palestinian people than Hamas, then Hamas will lose the support of the Palestinian people and their primary recruiting tool. This is the only way to destroy Hamas. To make this happen, it will take a concerted effort by the Israeli government, the UN, NGO's, and the Palestinians themselves."

It's called counterinsurgency mathematics, and it has been proven to be true in multiple theaters of war over the past few decades and it's happening in Gaza today.

ISIS went from a multinational powerhouse to a handful of disparate terrorists controlling little to nothing because we bombed them and destroyed all their supporters until it became an extremely unattractive group to join.

This was because the root causes of the conflict were not being addressed, and the situation in Gaza continued to deteriorate.

The root cause of the conflict is Hamas. It's being addressed.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟234,175.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe not completely but the majority of Taliban retreated over international borders (namely Pakistan) where they prepared to stage their retake of Afghanistan.
The majority of the senior Taliban leadership fled Afghanistan. The rank-and-file fighters remained in the country and went underground until the resurgence.

It's a symptom of radical Islam, which is hard to address because...

1. People don't want to blame radical Islam for anything because it makes them a target of terrorism.
2. There's little difference between fundamentalist Islam and radical Islam.
The conflict between Israel and the Palestinians isn't about religion. It's about land rights and decades of injustices that have been committed against the Palestinian people. If radical Islam was the root cause of the conflict, how do you explain Arab Christians being at the forefront of the Palestinian nationalist movement? How do you explain secular terrorist groups like the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, two of which were founded by Christians, and all at some point being led by Christians? Each of these groups have both Muslims and Christians among their ranks and have been fighting against Israel and launching terrorist attacks against them for decades and continue to do so today.

Quite possibly the worst suggestion I've ever seen on this forum...

This can be done by Israel recognizing and respecting a Palestinian state and improving the lives of the Palestinian people.

Your response to the murder and kidnapping of deliberately targeted civilians is capitulation and submission....

This would only emboldened Hamas and increase their support amongst Palestinians.
Israel respecting a Palestinian state and improving the lives of the Palestinian people should have been done long before the October 7th terrorist attack against Israel and is long overdue. If a Palestinian state is established at some point in the future, it won't be because of Hamas; it will be because it's the correct action to take.

The root cause of the conflict is Hamas. It's being addressed.
Once again, Hamas is a symptom, and the root cause of the conflict revolves around land rights and decades of injustices that have been committed against the Palestinian people.

ISIS went from a multinational powerhouse to a handful of disparate terrorists controlling little to nothing because we bombed them and destroyed all their supporters until it became an extremely unattractive group to join.
ISIS still has a presence in Iraq and Syria and has remained the world’s deadliest terrorist group each year for the past nine years, with tens of thousands of members globally. ISIS and its affiliates haven't gone anywhere, and they have no problems recruiting new members.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟204,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Just in case you are misled, or mistaken, I do not support acts of terror, or the taking of hostages, by either side, and I do not support the killing indiscriminately of civilians but either side.
Neither do I. Supporters of Hamas do. Hamas needs to be destroyed.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟418,671.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Neither do I. Supporters of Hamas do. Hamas needs to be destroyed.
I am not sure that will produce the result you desire. Often in history, we have seen this type of approach give birth to something even worse. We need better solutions, not simply more of the same. Christ came into the world, not to destroy us, but to teach us we could be better.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟204,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am not sure that will produce the result you desire. Often in history, we have seen this type of approach give birth to something even worse. We need better solutions, not simply more of the same. Christ came into the world, not to destroy us, but to teach us we could be better.
Certainly, supporting them won't do....

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,156.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Terrorism and support for terroist groups is a symptom and terrorism activities will continue until the cause of those symptoms is addressed.
Baloney. In the middle east there is enough evil men who want power and control and will use hatred to gain it.

The Taliban did leave Afghanistan. The US beat them. But they hid in other countries tries where we couldn't touch them. That allowed them to continue to exist. The fact us rhe Afghani's themselves couldn't put together a defense if their own lands. All that tribalism created rhe perfect place for "not my responsibility". It became obvious they weren't really interested.

It seems to be working against Hamas right now. Their are a lot fewer Hamas than there used to be.

There has been long standing greviences against Israel since the beginning. The Palestinians have never been interested in peace with Israel. Only in their destruction. Thier constant attacks and bombardments, failure to negotiate, desire for the death of the Jews has been on display for decades now.

No sorry the Palestinians have been the bad guys since Jews set up thier country. Israel tried to make it work, but the Palestinians kept trying to harm them. No the only thing that would pacify them.is the destruction of rhe Jew.

The root problems are the Palestinians.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The majority of the senior Taliban leadership fled Afghanistan. The rank-and-file fighters remained in the country and went underground until the resurgence.

Source?

The conflict between Israel and the Palestinians isn't about religion.

I didn't say it was.

Terrorism is strictly tied to Islam though.

It's about land rights and decades of injustices that have been committed against the Palestinian people.

I disagree. If you have some sort of Palestinian claim to the land you believe is being unjustly ignored....feel free to point it out.

Gazans launched tens of thousands of rockets over the last 10 years into Israel. They're reaping what they've sowed.

If radical Islam was the root cause of the conflict, how do you explain Arab Christians being at the forefront of the Palestinian nationalist movement?

No idea who you're referring to.

Whomever they are, they have zero power and influence in Gaza.

Hamas was elected and immediately murdered all their political rivals in Gaza. It made no difference if they were Muslim or not.

Hamas won't be sitting quietly and allowing some other group to be elected. They won't be giving up their cushy seats in Qatar or the billions in aid they receive from idiots internationally. Whomever you imagine are the "forefront" of whatever....I promise you, they aren't even the background characters in Gazan politics.

How do you explain secular terrorist groups like the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine,

A Syrian based organization that's not known for anything since the 1970s.

Talking about today, @JosephZ .

the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine,

The mainly defunct group from the 60s and 70s that the above group split from.

and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades,

The military wing of the above group that's participated in maybe a dozen of the hundreds if not thousands of attacks committed by radical Islamic Hamas fighters in the Gaza Strip over the last 20 years or so.

two of which were founded by Christians, and all at some point being led by Christians?

No offense, but this is a sad argument.

You found a couple of non-Muslims in the area who account for maybe <1% of all the deaths and attacks rained upon innocent Israelis in the last 50 years.

Israel respecting a Palestinian state and improving the lives of the Palestinian people should have been done long before the October 7th terrorist attack against Israel and is long overdue.

Why? What's to respect?

They've done nothing but try to destroy Israel.

Once again, Hamas is a symptom, and the root cause of the conflict revolves around land rights and decades of injustices that have been committed against the Palestinian people.

In what sort of fantasy scenario do you imagine "Israel starts respecting Palestinians" and Hamas disappears?

Let's imagine a ceasefire occurs. The Israelis pull back all their forces. Palestine rebuilds with a ton of aid and support from Israel...and 3 years from now, they perform another attack and kidnapping of innocent Israelis killing hundreds?

At what point is enough....enough?

ISIS still has a presence in Iraq and Syria

Not like it did. They're severely diminished.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟418,671.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟418,671.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The root problems are the Palestinians.
Many think this is an oversimplification. I suggest you watch (rewatch) Lawrence of Arabia, as a movie it is almost timeless, and whilst it may represent historical fiction from 50 years ago, it has enough of the historical facts in order to ask of us some biting questions rather that simply come to this conclusion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The conflict between Israel and the Palestinians isn't about religion. It's about land rights and decades of injustices that have been committed against the Palestinian people. If radical Islam was the root cause of the conflict, how do you explain Arab Christians being at the forefront of the Palestinian nationalist movement? How do you explain secular terrorist groups like the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, two of which were founded by Christians, and all at some point being led by Christians? Each of these groups have both Muslims and Christians among their ranks and have been fighting against Israel and launching terrorist attacks against them for decades and continue to do so today.

Israel respecting a Palestinian state and improving the lives of the Palestinian people should have been done long before the October 7th terrorist attack against Israel and is long overdue. If a Palestinian state is established at some point in the future, it won't be because of Hamas; it will be because it's the correct action to take.

ISIS still has a presence in Iraq and Syria and has remained the world’s deadliest terrorist group each year for the past nine years, with tens of thousands of members globally. ISIS and its affiliates haven't gone anywhere, and they have no problems recruiting new members.

Here's something you might find interesting Joseph....

Now as a member of the federal government...I can assure you, despite who is in office....whether it be Democratic Party or Republican Party....nothing changes about the nation's we regard as potentially dangerous and hostile due to threats of terrorism.

Are there some primarily Christian nations like Russia? Absolutely. Are there more secular nations like China or N Korea? You bet.

However, the overwhelming majority nations we watch, and people who we are wary of have 1 main feature in common.

They are overwhelmingly Muslim. They might be African Muslims, they might be Asian Muslims, they might be middle east Arab Muslims. The vast majority....they're all Muslims.

Now you can sit and pretend like that's not true, or it's unfair, and it's wrong....but thankfully, people who actually care aren't squeamish about the truth. Radical Islam is the problem here.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not entirely true, and possibly an oversimplification.

Here's our own State Department's list of terrorist organizations.

If you don't see a pattern forming in the first 50 terrorist organizations...let me know. I'll point out that we can much more easily count all the ones that aren't Islamic than the ones that are.

It's a weird argument to have...but I understand that the left, in particular, has done a lot to try and diminish the threat of Islamic terrorism in the minds of US citizens. That's fine. I'm not trying to convince you that you're under any real threat of terrorism. I'm simply pointing out that if we look at the majority of terrorist groups, across the entire world, there are....for some reason.....far far far more Islamic terrorist groups than any other kind....by a lot. It's not even remotely close.

Perhaps it's worth considering why that is....after all, Israel can't be to blame for all of them. At least, not by anyone reasonable or sane.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟418,671.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

If you don't see a pattern forming in the first 50 terrorist organizations...let me know. I'll point out that we can much more easily count all the ones that aren't Islamic than the ones that are.

It's a weird argument to have...but I understand that the left, in particular, has done a lot to try and diminish the threat of Islamic terrorism in the minds of US citizens. That's fine. I'm not trying to convince you that you're under any real threat of terrorism. I'm simply pointing out that if we look at the majority of terrorist groups, across the entire world, there are....for some reason.....far far far more Islamic terrorist groups than any other kind....by a lot. It's not even remotely close.

Perhaps it's worth considering why that is....after all, Israel can't be to blame for all of them. At least, not by anyone reasonable or sane.
I am not an american, however I understand your point. We have a different list in Australia where right wing fascists are also prominent. I dont like them either.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟234,175.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Just as Hamas' senior leadership is outside of the Palestinian territories, so are the senior members of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, but the group does have branches in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip with a terrorist wing in the Gaza Strip. This group carried out seven terrorist attacks between 2010 and 2020 and is currently fighting against Israel in Gaza.

A number of other Palestinian factions began to report on new operations, including Islamic Jihad, the Mujahideen Movement, the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, which also released a statement saying that it "holds the American administration fully responsible for the renewal of aggression."

The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine's (DFLP) National Resistance Brigades fired several rockets toward Israeli occupation forces who launched an incursion toward the Rafah border crossing.

A senior member of the DFLP was killed just this week in Gaza.

Israeli forces killed at least three Palestinians in the Sabra neighbourhood and another in Shujaiya, as tanks reenter the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza. Among those killed in Sabra was Talal Abu Zarifa, a senior member of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), the Wafa news agency reports

The mainly defunct group from the 60s and 70s that the above group split from.
Defunct?

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine carried out 15 attacks between 2010 and 2020 and is currently involved in the fighting in Gaza. It also participated in the October 7th terrorist attack and was once known to be holding some of the hostages including the Bibas family.

PFLP Statements Taking Credit for Atrocities

On October 7, 2023, the PFLP posted several pictures on its official telegram channel, Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades. They show PFLP terrorists attacking near Gaza. It also issued the following statement, “Cells of the martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades stormed several [military] points in the Gaza envelope and have inflicted verified losses in the Zionist ranks. The cells have returned safely to their bases, and other cells are operating in the field now to inflict more losses in the ranks of the occupation army troops and the herds of their settlers.”

On October 7, 2023, PFLP’s “military wing”, Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades, issued a statement: “‘The Al-Aqsa flood’ campaign is a campaign of the Palestinian people in all its resistance forces. In light of the heroic sights made possible by the heroes of the resistance inside the occupied lands…we in the Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades emphasize the following:…We announce a state of maximum mobilization within the ranks of our fighters, and we work on the field on the ground (sic) in several axes side by side the comrades of blood and arms. We stand with our brothers in the [Izz ad-Din] Al-Qassam Brigades and with all the resistance forces, and fight alongside them this campaign which will be noted in history. We call upon all resistance forces inside and outside of Palestine to take their positions in the trenches of confrontation which stretch now throughout all the area. Glory to the martyrs and victory to the resistance…”

On October 8, 2023, the PFLP posted a video, “scenes from the storming of the martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades’ fighters into military installations of the enemy, east of Khan Younis [on the border with Israel].”

On October 9, 2023, the PFLP posted a picture of several PFLP terrorists and the following statement, “Since the beginning of the #Al-Aqsa_flood campaign the comrades in the cyber force have engaged in launching electronic attacks, targeting the infrastructure inside the entity [i.e. Israel], including the control systems of electricity, water, road, and UAV development and manufacturing companies. Our fighters and comrades are behind the enemy everywhere.”

The military wing of the above group that's participated in maybe a dozen of the hundreds if not thousands of attacks committed by radical Islamic Hamas fighters in the Gaza Strip over the last 20 years or so.
The Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades is a separate terrorist organization and is not the military wing of either the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine or the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. It carried out 27 attacks between 2010 and 2020 and like the PFLP participated in the October 7th terrorist attack and is currently fighting in Gaza .

No offense, but this is a sad argument.

You found a couple of non-Muslims in the area who account for maybe <1% of all the deaths and attacks rained upon innocent Israelis in the last 50 years.
More like 40%.

According to the Global Terrorism database, between 1970 and 2020, The DFLP, PFLP, and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades carried out 350 terrorist attacks which resulted in more than 1,800 casualties. During this same period, Hamas carried out 505 terrorist attacks which resulted in nearly 3,000 casualties. Prior to the October 7th attack, 2 of the top 5 deadliest terrorist attacks against Israel were carried out by the PFLP and the DFLP.

top terror israel.jpg

The DFLP, PFLP, and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades are secular groups and include both Christians and Muslims.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,156.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Good story.
It's about land rights and decades of injustices that have been committed against the Palestinian people.
If it were about land rights the Palestinians would lay off because the land belonged to British who got it from the Ottoman Empire. And the Jews got it from the British. They had thr land rights.
injustices that have been committed against the Palestinian people.
There has been NO injustices. Particularly in Gaza where the Jews actually left. The Palestinians have always gotten what they deserved. If you are talking about Justice.
radical Islam was the root cause of the conflict, how do you explain Arab Christians being at the forefront of the Palestinian nationalist movement? How do you explain secular terrorist groups like the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, two of which were founded by Christians, and all at some point being led by Christians? Each of these groups have both Muslims and Christians among their ranks and have been fighting against Israel and launching terrorist attacks against them for decades and continue to do so today.
Yeah, radicals come in all colors. The Islamists started this fight and other radicals joined because they are all evil terrorists. And evil terrorists come in various flavors. But the DFLP wouldn't be there if it weren't for the radical Arabs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,156.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Just as Hamas' senior leadership is outside of the Palestinian territories, so are the senior members of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, but the group does have branches in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip with a terrorist wing in the Gaza Strip. This group carried out seven terrorist attacks between 2010 and 2020 and is currently fighting against Israel in Gaza.

A number of other Palestinian factions began to report on new operations, including Islamic Jihad, the Mujahideen Movement, the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, which also released a statement saying that it "holds the American administration fully responsible for the renewal of aggression."

The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine's (DFLP) National Resistance Brigades fired several rockets toward Israeli occupation forces who launched an incursion toward the Rafah border crossing.

Israeli forces killed at least three Palestinians in the Sabra neighbourhood and another in Shujaiya, as tanks reenter the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza. Among those killed in Sabra was Talal Abu Zarifa, a senior member of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), the Wafa news agency reports

Defunct?

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine carried out 15 attacks between 2010 and 2020 and is currently involved in the fighting in Gaza. It also participated in the October 7th terrorist attack and was once known to be holding some of the hostages including the Bibas family.

On October 7, 2023, the PFLP posted several pictures on its official telegram channel, Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades. They show PFLP terrorists attacking near Gaza. It also issued the following statement, “Cells of the martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades stormed several [military] points in the Gaza envelope and have inflicted verified losses in the Zionist ranks. The cells have returned safely to their bases, and other cells are operating in the field now to inflict more losses in the ranks of the occupation army troops and the herds of their settlers.”

On October 7, 2023, PFLP’s “military wing”, Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades, issued a statement: “‘The Al-Aqsa flood’ campaign is a campaign of the Palestinian people in all its resistance forces. In light of the heroic sights made possible by the heroes of the resistance inside the occupied lands…we in the Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades emphasize the following:…We announce a state of maximum mobilization within the ranks of our fighters, and we work on the field on the ground (sic) in several axes side by side the comrades of blood and arms. We stand with our brothers in the [Izz ad-Din] Al-Qassam Brigades and with all the resistance forces, and fight alongside them this campaign which will be noted in history. We call upon all resistance forces inside and outside of Palestine to take their positions in the trenches of confrontation which stretch now throughout all the area. Glory to the martyrs and victory to the resistance…”

On October 8, 2023, the PFLP posted a video, “scenes from the storming of the martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades’ fighters into military installations of the enemy, east of Khan Younis [on the border with Israel].”

On October 9, 2023, the PFLP posted a picture of several PFLP terrorists and the following statement, “Since the beginning of the #Al-Aqsa_flood campaign the comrades in the cyber force have engaged in launching electronic attacks, targeting the infrastructure inside the entity [i.e. Israel], including the control systems of electricity, water, road, and UAV development and manufacturing companies. Our fighters and comrades are behind the enemy everywhere.”

The Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades is a separate terrorist organization and is not the military wing of either the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine or the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. It carried out 27 attacks between 2010 and 2020 and like the PFLP participated in the October 7th terrorist attack and is currently fighting in Gaza .

More like 40%.

According to the Global Terrorism database, between 1970 and 2020, The DFLP, PFLP, and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades carried out 350 terrorist attacks which resulted in more than 1,800 casualties. During this same period, Hamas carried out 505 terrorist attacks which resulted in nearly 3,000 casualties. Prior to the October 7th attack, 2 of the top 5 deadliest terrorist attacks against Israel were carried out by the PFLP and the DFLP.

View attachment 348057

The DFLP, PFLP, and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades are secular groups and include both Christians and Muslims.
Muslims are the largest groups of terrorism and are responsible for the largest amounts of terrorist deaths. By far.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟234,175.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

https://www.state.gov/foreign-terrorist-organizations/
Muslims are the largest groups of terrorism and are responsible for the largest amounts of terrorist deaths. By far.

Islamic terrorism, like what we have seen over the past two decades, is a recent phenomenon. Between 1979 and 2000, just 3.5% of the terrorist attacks worldwide were carried out by Islamist terrorist groups. The large increase in Islamic terrorism we have seen since 2000 has nothing to do with the religion of Islam; it has been the direct result of western intervention in the Middle East, South Asia, and North Africa, as the charts below clearly show.

terrorism post and pre 9 11.jpg

In 2023, 90% of terrorist attacks and 98% of terrorism deaths occurred in conflict zones. This shows that conflict and not religion is the primary driver of terrorism.

Source (PDF)

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Islamic terrorism, like what we have seen over the past two decades, is a recent phenomenon. Between 1979 and 2000, just 3.5% of the terrorist attacks worldwide were carried out by Islamist terrorist groups.

Wonderful. We're talking about now....not 50 years ago. Glad we're on the same page.

The large increase in Islamic terrorism we have seen since 2000 has nothing to do with the religion of Islam; it has been the direct result of western intervention in the Middle East, South Asia, and North Africa, as the charts below clearly show.

View attachment 348060

In 2023, 90% of terrorist attacks and 98% of terrorism deaths occurred in conflict zones. This shows that conflict and not religion is the primary driver of terrorism.

Source (PDF)

Or conflict zones pop up around terrorist organizations....sorry if I disagree with the framing of what causes what here.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Are you serious?

So out of the tens of thousands of attacks from Gaza on Israel over the....7 were done by "secular terrorists" and the rest by Muslims.

Defunct?

More like 40%.

View attachment 348057

Oh good...a graph making my point.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟234,175.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Are you serious?
Below is the comment I was responding to:

Your were wrong.

So out of the tens of thousands of attacks from Gaza on Israel over the....7 were done by "secular terrorists" and the rest by Muslims.
No. Read my response again.
More like 40%.

As for the tens of thousands of rocket attacks you brought up, which were not counted as terrorist attacks, those too are carried out by secular terrorist groups.

From your own source:

"All the Palestinian armed groups carry out rocket and mortar attacks, with varying frequency. The main groups are Hamas, Islamic Jihad, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the Popular Resistance Committees, Fatah, and the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine."

Upvote 0