✟17,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mark of the beast and the internet

"If we are now near the End of the Age, The “mark of the beast” system appears to be taking shape and the infrastructure is being laid. The only system in place now is the internet. It is increasingly becoming depended upon for financial transactions and commerce. The internet is (MAYBE?) already tagged with 666. The “www” in the Hebrew language could be numerically read as 666. Although there is no “w” in Hebrew language. A “w” in Hebrew is given the same place as a “v”, which numerically equates to a number 6. In Hebrew, letters of the alphabet also equate to numbers. So the numberical value of a “w” is the same as a “v”, which is 6. Making “www” equal to 666 in the Hebrew alphabet numbering system."

World Wide Web=WWW=666=Mark of the Beast

My questions are: Can the internet of today eventually turn into the "mark of the beast" system and if so, are we Christian internet users safe for now?

And how likely is it true that the WWW in the internet really does equal the Hebrew 666 and the internet really is the eventual beast?

Reactions: ryansymons86
C

Christownsme

The mark of the beast may be 666, but it is the number of a man. The mark of the beast is supposed to mock the seal of the Holy Spirit in believers. Some say the number of the unholy trinity of Satan, the first beast, and the false prophet. If three sevens represent complete perfection, then the number 666 falls completely short of perfection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Never coming back to this mad house
Sep 12, 2009
California
✟17,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The mark of the beast may be 666, but it is the number of a man.
But that man, false prophet, controls the beast and commands the world that the 666 beast should be worshiped. They are closer to one than you think. It is almost like the trinity of satan, being the Beast the False Prophet and the Dragon. They all fall under the 666 cloud of darkness. Remember that the beast and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire first. Then after a thousand years the dragon is also thrown into the lake of fire. Thus the trinity analogy.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No that's just crazy are you gonna never use the internet again? I highly doubt it.... why do we feel the need to try and figure all this end times stuff out. When the truth is we will never know when it happens it happens so stop trying.

Reactions: Ramon1
Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Sep 12, 2009
California
✟17,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
great way to draw out conspiracy theorists... more damage than good is done when talking about 666.
That's just your opinion, if you have a problem with talking about it, then don't talk about it, but don't try to stop others from talking about it too.

No that's just crazy are you gonna never use the internet again? I highly doubt it.... why do we feel the need to try and figure all this end times stuff out. When the truth is we will never know when it happens it happens so stop trying.
I am not saying that the internet is 100% for sure the beast, but if it is, then we should be informed about it and we should talk about what to do about it. What's wrong with that?

666 is not the number of the beast. The oldest surviving version of the new testement translates the actual number to be 616.
I doubt it. That most likely was a miss print.

Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Sep 12, 2009
California
✟17,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Is the Internet a technological and economical monstrosity inaugurating a new era of Babylonian idolatrous profaneness? The Book of Revelation speaks about the beast who will appear at the end of time and whose number is 666. It so happens that the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet is "wav", equivalent to the English w. A fact is too, that the ancient Hebrews, lacking digit signs, used the letters as digits where the value of the digit corresponds to the letter's place in the alphabet. Consequently, when John speaks of the beast named 666 he speaks of the beast named www dot. John explains that "no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name". People shall be forced to worship this beast, says John. To me, it seems like John hits the head of the nail. Today, most companies are forced to accept the obligatory "www" before their names on façades and signboards. The World Wide Web is becoming an idolatrous mantra, a slippery octopus who stretches its tentacles into every corner of modern life.[/B] The global Internet economy together with information technology expands according to "new economical laws" - in other words, they are wreaking havoc. The native country of the undersigned, as the most computerized land in the world, is today replacing teachers for computers and automatized learning. Within a few years every citizen will have access to broadband, as the result of a governmental venture, because, as they say, the future lies in the Internet. We are being pressured to worship the beast."

Now I'm not saying that the www dot internet is the 666 beast mentioned in the bible, but there is a close similarity and with "www" being "666" in Hebrew, that makes it even more suspicious looking. The internet may not yet be the 666 but it could be in the future, and that's my whole point.

Here is more info:

"Obama’s “Internet ID” Program & a Future Beast System?
It has just been revealed that President Obama is trying to give the Commerce Department the authority to give you, me and “all Americans” using the internet a unique “internet ID.” Obama wants to move swiftly on this and plans to have his program ready in “a few months.” It is ostensibly being proposed in the interest of “cybersecurity,” but this sounds like an Orwellian electronic monitoring system to me. I’m not the only one with such concerns. The link states that “The move has raised eyebrows about privacy issues.”

The Obama administration’s purported claim that this is intended for “cybersecurity” reasons makes little sense to me. The government already has the authority to get a warrant and monitor anyone’s personal communications if there is reasonable evidence to support such a warrant. This seems to be the beginning of another technology that will eventually be used by a future “beast” system to monitor and control their access to the internet. Ominously, the Obama administration spokesman stated that under its new internet ID system designed to be imposed upon you that you will not need to “memorize a dozen passwords” in your internet activities. Really? That can only mean that the government intends to end all your “password-protected” activities and assign you an “internet ID” number via which it can monitor you at will. Internet privacy would end, in my evaluation of this proposal.

Upon reading the link below, a thought occurred to me. A Hebrew-speaking reader pointed out to me recently that there is no “w” in the Hebrew alphabet. Therefore, while we Americans see “www” at the beginning of all internet website addresses, Hebrew-language websites have to begin with something else. I was told that Hebrew websites begin with three consecutive letters of the Hebrew letter “vav,” so Hebrew-language website addresses begin with “vvv” instead of “www.” The numeric equivalent of the letter “vav” in the Hebrew alphabet is 6. Therefore, three consecutive “vav” letters at the beginning of website addresses results in a numeric sequence of…[are you ready for this?]…”666.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Togowack

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
✟273.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
its good to be aware of the mark of the beast but trying to say its an ID chip or that Obama or Bush is behind some agenda is what gives conspiracy theorists a really bad name because they want to see the 666 chip so badly. Each year a new ''technology'' comes out that could be the mark of the beast. I'm so sick of it.

it was barcodes in the 70's, credit cards in the 80's, then a hundred different types of ideas in the 90's and any time a scientist bats an eye everyone jumps on the next bandwagon... just shows us how technologically naiive people are

Upvote 0

Togowack

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
✟273.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm not sick of it yet, I still think it is interesting and informative. It is unfortunate for you that this very topic makes you sick.:(

well I've been studying this topic for years from a technology stand point and it is sickening that people embrace each new technology as a possible mark of the beast when it clearly isn't going to be.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
God has said that those who honor/obey Him, love/accept His Son and love each other will be with Him for all eternity. This then should be our focus. We should be watchful and wary, praying for Holy discernment and guidance. I believe the end times will test our faith more than any of us realize. I pray for the strength to overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jul 26, 2011
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
well if the bible is going to be what you base your theory on then I would have to say its not in agreement of the internet being the 666 since it is not needed to buy or sell, you can still live and make a living without it. and the antichrist forcing those to receive a mark on their forhead or hand doesn't fit either, although the "veri-chip" is an interesting new form of indentity and banking that may in the future turn out to be this very mark

Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Sep 12, 2009
California
✟17,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well if the bible is going to be what you base your theory on then I would have to say its not in agreement of the internet being the 666 since it is not needed to buy or sell, you can still live and make a living without it. and the antichrist forcing those to receive a mark on their forhead or hand doesn't fit either, although the "veri-chip" is an interesting new form of indentity and banking that may in the future turn out to be this very mark
My point exactly.

I don't think the internet is "The Beast" but I do think it will be one of his tools and probably one of the things we will have to take "the mark" to operate once everything is on the web.
Again, another good point to consider.

Who am I to know? Maybe the number incorporates www into it's system. I don't know, but our allegience to God requires our life to our faith, no matter what.
Our allegiance to God may one day be challenged as the internet morphs into the beast and tool for satan unless we get off the net before the change over.....just saying.

Upvote 0

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I doubt it. That most likely was a miss print.
A misprint in the oldest surviving new testement? It couldn't possibly be a mistranslation by early scribes that kept being used in following copies? The anti-homosexuality verses were translated as being against masturbation during the mediveal catholicism period, but someone realised the mistake eventually.

Here's the fragment: chi, iota, sigma (616)
beastpapyrus1.jpg

Beast's real mark devalued to '616'
666 wrong number of prophetic beast?

Also, I find it disappointing christians continually get panicky and freak out, labeling everything they don't understand as the anti-christ, the mark of the beast, or the signs of the end times. Every generation since the ascention has sworn it was the last generations because they just knew they saw the signs from the bible around them, but they were wrong every time. It's sad to see we've not fully developed our critical thinking skills and question what people tell us is a sign of the end times or the work of the devil. We are not uneducated tribal cultures that need to fear witchcraft.

In the early 20th century, political conservative christians got into a panic because they were manipulated by politicians and political religious leaders over the social security number identity system which they SWORE was the "mark of the beast", that FDR was the anti-christ and started to whip themselves up into a frenzy by the "talk show hosts" of the time period that were telling them "This is it, FDR is giving you the mark of the beast!" in order to try and defeat him politically. They also called the new FDA the mark of the beast because business owners didn't want food and drug safety regulation or have to list what they put in their "medicine" which was most often morphine, cocaine, or high alcohol content.

Now look at this, Obama is the now the anti-christ and a policy of his has been suggested to be the mark of the beast. The tricks never change, only the names and policy get replaced, and no one seems to remember.

Christians have been used as tools of the greedy and powerful for the last 200 years to advance themselves. It's time to stop following politicians and talk show hosts and allowing them to cloud your judgement by dictating political opinion as biblical doctrine just because they pretend to be on your side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Buzzy

Saved by Grace
Aug 1, 2011
Oklahoma USA
✟7,981.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been getting really strong feelings that I need to get off the internet and I found it is really an addiciton. I walked away from facebook just before I came here, so I guess CF is sort of weaning me from Facebook. I killed my twitter acct and set up another just to get some news and weather stuff (OK, a little politics too). But my banking is still about 99% internet, I write a check for Tithe and another to my Samaritan Ministies share but that's about it.

I write a lot of stuff and it's submitted and paid for over the internet exclusively these days. So all of my income since I retired is controlled by the web.

When the tribulation comes and if we're not whisk away before the pain like the Pretrib people hope we're going to be faced with terrible choices of taking the mark (whatever it is) and starving or being martyred. Being killed seems easy and starving hard, watching those I love starving even harder.

Like I said, I've been feeling the evil fo the internet a lot lately too.

• Winner
Upvote 0