Seattle area.
✟633,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree. But that doesn't explain the existence of shellfish on mountains... Shellfish that were a part of creation after the sea and the land were divided.
Perhaps they existed before the earth was made void.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,952,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps they existed before the earth was made void.

The earth wasn't "made void."

It came into existence void.

Just a formless mass of seawater in the hollow of God's hand.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟633,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The earth wasn't "made void."

It came into existence void.

Just a formless mass of seawater in the hollow of God's hand.
It wasn't made, it came into existence? I think you probably mean it wasn't turned into a void, but started out that way. You probably know I'm pushing the "gap theory". It does solve a lot of problems so to speak. But then again, that's not really the topic.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,952,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It wasn't made, it came into existence?

Yes, sir.

Are you familiar with the term: creatio ex nihilo?

I think you probably mean it wasn't turned into a void, but started out that way.

Negative.

You probably know I'm pushing the "gap theory".

Yes.

I caught that, when you said "made void."

I'm familiar with Scofield's notes on the issue from his study bible.

It does solve a lot of problems so to speak. But then again, that's not really the topic.

Scofield solves the problem of why the universe shows signs of damage quite well by advocating a "cosmic battle" between the good and bad angels.

I agree with him on this, as this explains such things as craters on the moon, and craters on the earth, and space debris.

But I do not advocate the Gap Theory.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟633,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, sir.

Are you familiar with the term: creatio ex nihilo?
Yes it means created out of nothing as opposed to came into existence out of nothing. I'm reminded of an old joke: How many evolutionists does it take to change a light bulb? None, it just happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟158,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Proceed with the bet. Then you will see.

Let proposition P1 = Noah's flood was global.
P2 = Noah's flood was not global but regional.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.
P2 = 12

Upvote 0

brakelite

Mar 12, 2009
Victoria
Visit site
✟18,702.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A lot of science is based on theory. What scientific flaw(s) do you find in the theory I presented?
In the past, I gave consideration to the "gap theory", and I haven't altogether abandoned all aspects of it. However, regardless of whether for countless ages the planet earth itself existed prior to the 7 day creation 6000 odd years ago, (there being no hint that the planet itself was created at that time, only redesigned somewhat), death, which came as a result of sin, didn't exist prior to the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden. Nothing died prior to sin, which biblically puts to rest any concept of theistic or natural evolution. The gap remains maybe, who really knows, but there could be no life that lived and died during that period.

Reactions: WilliamLhk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟633,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the past, I gave consideration to the "gap theory", and I haven't altogether abandoned all aspects of it. However, regardless of whether for countless ages the planet earth itself existed prior to the 7 day creation 6000 odd years ago, (there being no hint that the planet itself was created at that time, only redesigned somewhat), death, which came as a result of sin, didn't exist prior to the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden. Nothing died prior to sin, which biblically puts to rest any concept of theistic or natural evolution. The gap remains maybe, who really knows, but there could be no life that lived and died during that period.
Sin existed through Satan before Adam.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟633,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:44

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟102,111.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:44
It does not say "Sin existed through Satan before Adam."

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟633,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It does not say "Sin existed through Satan before Adam."
So Jesus saying Satan was a murderer and a liar from the beginning doesn't indicate sin? Or Satan only started being evil after God created Adam?

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟102,111.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟633,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Excellent questions. I am slow to generalize. I took the latter approach. See The changing role of satan [lowercase]
It's pretty widely accepted that before Adam Satan aka the Adversary made war against God and the heavenly host and corrupted many angels who became demons aka fallen angels. So if that's the case, he caused many angels to fall before he caused man to fall.

Upvote 0