If you believe the Blessed Virgin Mary sinned...

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever seen , that the Greek word for PURGATORY in Not in the Greek text ?

Have ever seen , where there is a Greek word for CHURCH and the Greek text EKKLESIA does NOT mean CHURCH as EKK means , OUT OF and LESIA , means A CALLING and the correct translation is an ASSEMBLY .

Check for yourself and see the Greek text !!

dan p
Actually, Church would be "kyriakon" (cyriacon) in Greek, the Lord's House. Ekklesias refers to the congregation. For example, en meso ekklesias kai synagoges, from Proverbs 5:14 is rendered "in the midst of the church and of the congregation."

I noticed you didn't respond to my question, is there a reason you didn't connect post 69 to my question in post 71?

JoeT

Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
God's promise to Israel of a national kingdom has never been rescinded. In Romans 11:2 and 25-26, Paul writes that God has not rejected His people. God will fulfill His promise to Israel. There will be an earthly, physical kingdom but not now.
Then Christ lied? [Matthew 10:7 Mark 1:15 Luke 10:11]. What came at the Pentecost fire and brimstone or the Holy Spirit?
The kingdom we are in now is a spiritual kingdom that includes all who believe. That even includes believing Jews who have accepted Jesus and Lord and Savoir. This spiritual kingdom is not limited to one church. It is all who believe. Salvation is not limited to Catholics.

The Apostles, or their companions, produced the Scriptures. It is their writings we call Scripture.
Was the kingdom of Moses a spiritual kingdom? What about David's Kingdom? On the other hand does symbol of kingdom doesn't limit anyone. I wouldn't suggest to you that Catholics have a shoe in to Salvation. I would suggest, however, that if you don't believe His Church was built on St. Peter and St. Peter's successors [Cf. Matthew 16:18], you are not a believer and all non-Catholic Churches renounce the successors of St. Peter.

JoeT

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Poor premise to start with.

I have never heard anyone stay mary 'activly' sinned. This makes it sound as if Mary lived in Sin.
What people typically believe is that Mary never sinned and did not need a savior. Or Mary was a sinner just like us and needed a savior just like us.

1- The Virgin and her integrity contrasts with those that magnify themselves instead of magnifying God.
2- Because that is what God declared. To demonstrate his sovereignty.
3- You need to do a little research on Jewish marriages at the time. Once betrothed, the husband worked for a year and was not with his wife during this time. He build in order to take care of her. And then, after a year, if she was found with child, he could divorce her 'without guilt' knowing he and she had never consummated the marriage as yet.
4- The Ark was made with the purest materials available to man. Not the purest available to God.

Peace and Blessings
And in LUKE 1:47 Reads , And my spirit hath rejoiced in God

MY SAVIOUR // SOTER is in the DATIVE CASE , means the DATIVE of Reference or of Possession and Mary was born in sin as every one else is , PERIOD and have yet to see a verse that someone says that at some point in time BECAME SINLESS , EVER !!

dan p

Upvote 0

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟69,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then Christ lied? [Matthew 10:7 Mark 1:15 Luke 10:11]. What came at the Pentecost fire and brimstone or the Holy Spirit?

Was the kingdom of Moses a spiritual kingdom? What about David's Kingdom? On the other hand does symbol of kingdom doesn't limit anyone. I wouldn't suggest to you that Catholics have a shoe in to Salvation. I would suggest, however, that if you don't believe His Church was built on St. Peter and St. Peter's successors [Cf. Matthew 16:18], you are not a believer and all non-Catholic Churches renounce the successors of St. Peter.

JoeT
No, Christ spoke of a spiritual kingdom about to take place. Pentecost was the sign of that kingdom. The kingdom promised to Israel in the OT, was a physical kingdom promised to physical Israel. That kingdom will resume in the Millennial.

Scripture says faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is required for salvation. It says nothing about believing the church is built on Peter and that he had successors. That is adding a requirement Scripture does not. That is "another Gospel" and Paul said anyone who teaches another Gospel is to be anathema.

Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever seen , that the Greek word for PURGATORY in Not in the Greek text ?

Have ever seen , where there is a Greek word for CHURCH and the Greek text EKKLESIA does NOT mean CHURCH as EKK means , OUT OF and LESIA , means A CALLING and the correct translation is an ASSEMBLY .

Check for yourself and see the Greek text !!

dan p
I have not seen purgatory in Greek. That's because it was sometimes called paradise as in Luke 23:43. Or, being consumed by fire in Hebrews 12:29 with a consuming or purifying fire as in 1 Corinthians 3:12. Sometimes its found in Scripture as Abraham's bosom. [Cf. Luke 16:22-25]. As silver and gold are refined in a purifying fire. Proverbs 17:3

Purgatory hasn't even been mentioned in this thread, what is the relevance to post 69? Is there one? Are you avoiding answering the question?

JoeT

Upvote 0