Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to the human condition :grinning: The Apostle Paul, key to the first-century spread of Christianity, had this to say even about himself: “For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.”

If God’s entire plan flowed through a man like Paul, why would you (and by extension all of us) choose to believe that it doesn’t flow through you too?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟747,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I would say that if you plan it and don't do it, you shouldn't beat yourself up too much. Defeating the act is where it often begins.

When my mind wonders to a sinful act, I allow it to pass through. I acknowledge that it's there and try to let it pass through me and back out. Ruminating thoughts are more complicated.

Upvote 0

Aug 4, 2022
Europe
✟18,824.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
so you purposefully look for ways to sin?
Maybe, I don't know. I realise my intentions for my actions are always to make myself look good infront of others and I try to cover up my actual emotions and feelings with false expressions because my trye emotions are innapropriate.
Did you see my post before it was one sentence long? Should I put the post back as it was?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, I don't know. I realise my intentions for my actions are always to make myself look good infront of others and I try to cover up my actual emotions and feelings with false expressions because my trye emotions are innapropriate.
Did you see my post before it was one sentence long? Should I put the post back as it was?

God refers to this as the secret things ...

Ecclesiastes 12:14
For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

One might fool others ... but none will fool God.

Upvote 0