I just finished watching the Eternals against my better judgement.

sonofjay817

Nov 24, 2008
✟8,055.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The best I can tell, the moral of the story is that good is evil and evil is good or perhaps the distinction is purely a matter of one's perspective; Humans are pawns under an authoritarian god and for the sake of our survival and autonomy we must unite against the said god and rebel against him...oh, I almost forgot, and with the generous help of other rebellious angelic like beings who care about us more than the god. And just for a little extra panache, we get the obligatory serving of 'gay is normal' social conditioning.

I think that'll be the last Marvel comic movie that I'll pay to watch. I'm tired of unsuspectingly supporting this sort of thing.

Last edited:

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The best I can tell, the moral of the story is that good is evil and evil is good or perhaps the distinction is purely a matter of one's perspectiv
This theme is becoming more prevalent in Hollywood.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟156,849.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The best I can tell, the moral of the story is that good is evil and evil is good or perhaps the distinction is purely a matter of one's perspective; Humans are pawns under an authoritarian god and for the sake of our survival and autonomy we must unite against the said god and rebel against him...oh, I almost forgot, and with the generous help of other rebellious angelic like beings. And just for a little extra panache, we get the obligatory serving of 'gay is normal' social conditioning.

I think that'll be the last Marvel comic movie that I'll pay to watch. I'm tired of unsuspectingly supporting this sort of thing.
I found DC' Batman movies (or tv series like Gotham) to be easiest to watch. Without a load of paganism, witchcraft, spiritism and woke agenda.

On the other hand, DC also goes into these waters, mainly into Greek mythology (Wonder Woman), so one must be picky with them, too.

In the end, sci-fi may be a solution for people who want some fantasy, but without anti Christian views.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟153,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There are a few names derived from Greek origins with the Eternals, Thena (Athena), Ikaris (Icarus), and Phastos (Hephaestus). The characters for the most part resemble their Greek counterparts. Phastos is the inventor while in Greek myth Hephaestus is the craftsman.

The Greek story has Chronos rebelling against Ouranos. Then later Zeus has to dethrone Chronos. In the movie, the villain Kro is likely representing Chronos.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The best I can tell, the moral of the story is that good is evil and evil is good or perhaps the distinction is purely a matter of one's perspective; Humans are pawns under an authoritarian god and for the sake of our survival and autonomy we must unite against the said god and rebel against him...oh, I almost forgot, and with the generous help of other rebellious angelic like beings who care about us more than the god. And just for a little extra panache, we get the obligatory serving of 'gay is normal' social conditioning.

I can see that reading of it - however it's only a god - a creator of world - not THE GOD - creator of all reality and universes and "gods." I think it's good for some Christians to watch these movies and engage with their meaning as a launching pad for conversations with where the culture is at. Clever bloggers can make the distinctions, compare and contrast, judge the merits of the storytelling, etc, or failures thereof, and slip in some gospel as well.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

sonofjay817

Nov 24, 2008
✟8,055.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I can see that reading of it - however it's only a god - a creator of world - not THE GOD - creator of all reality and universes and "gods." I think it's good for some Christians to watch these movies and engage with their meaning as a launching pad for conversations with where the culture is at. Clever bloggers can make the distinctions, compare and contrast, judge the merits of the storytelling, etc, or failures thereof, and slip in some gospel as well.
Right. I get that its not directly blaspheming God in a literal way. My point is, there is a repeated pattern of using symbols, types, and metaphors to encourage an anti-God way of thinking almost on a subliminal level. It may seem like overreaction or paranoia on my part, but I've been noticing this for years, especially within the Sci-fi genre to where I'm convinced its intentional at least part of the time.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟220,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know a lot of die hard MCU/Marvel fans who skipped The Eternals.

I definitely notice anti-tradition, anti-Bible, anti-God, anti-religion themes in movies. Most of the times it's subtle. But if you factor it in most movies & most people watch lots of movies, that subtleness is able to influence your thinking.

Upvote 0

PaulCanPat

Apr 17, 2022
Toronto
✟10,650.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Don't watch "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" then. It was politically correct to the hilt.

I agree that The Eternals was a dud. As you point out, the conflict in mythological god hierarchies can be a bit confusing and leave men feeling somewhat helpless.

Hopefully Marvel will understand sometime in the future that all of the greatest CGI affects in the world cannot save a movie. I have watched parts of "Avengers: Endgame" around twenty times because they were good but the quality has really gone down since that time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right. I get that its not directly blaspheming God in a literal way. My point is, there is a repeated pattern of using symbols, types, and metaphors to encourage an anti-God way of thinking almost on a subliminal level. It may seem like overreaction or paranoia on my part, but I've been noticing this for years, especially within the Sci-fi genre to where I'm convinced its intentional at least part of the time.
Everybody is proud to promote their own ideology to others. Would you be less biased in your movies?

Upvote 0