New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Alright, this might sound downright crazy but its better here than nowhere..right.
I used to be ultra religious as a child then i forgot God and became sinful.
then you can say i had an awakening.
Now, I believe He is real, so all this time, all after these few years, i tried to pray.
after losing my faith in His existence, i tried, alright.
praying is not something i do very much, only when i really want to speak to Him.
So, i prayed about someone who hurt me very much..who i also love.
that person got hurt physically, after some hours after i prayed.
i was scared that i made a mistake. God hates me. Thats what i thought. So, i stopped. i shrugged it off as a coincidence after some time thinking about this.

Then after sometime. i prayed again to Him about the one i love.
and he got hurt again physically, just hours after my prayers.

I have been so afraid to pray about anyone who matters to me after that. i don't even pray about my loved ones in my head anyone cause when i even.. accidentally do it. they get hurt.

There is no one i can say this to anyone without sounding crazy.

i am afraid and confused with God's actions.

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Peace be with you ForsakenGirl.

If you like, you can place your prayers here:

Prayer Wall

And someone will come and pray for you and with you.

The Prayer Warriors and Warrioress' just love to pray for you and your loved ones.

So go ahead and give them a chance.

God bless you ForsakenGirl.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all; I am glad you found back to God again. :)

You should also know that God isn't the one hurting your friend, there can be other things that plays a part in this. Maybe he/she is in a lot of bondage in his/her life? If the person doesn't know God nor belongs to Him, he/she can be harmed by demons. Maybe there is a big stronghold placed in his/her life which still needs getting broken down? If he/she isn't a Christian believer it will be more difficult for the person breaking out free from this, he/she might not understand or know that this is needed for him/her. But also through getting saved in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Alright, this might sound downright crazy but its better here than nowhere..right.
Now, I believe He is real, so all this time, all after these few years, i tried to pray.
praying is not something i do very much, only when i really want to speak to Him.
i was scared that i made a mistake. God hates me. Thats what i thought. So, i stopped. i shrugged it off as a coincidence after some time thinking about this.

I have been so afraid to pray about anyone who matters to me after that. i don't even pray about my loved ones in my head anyone cause when i even.. accidentally do it. they get hurt.

I am afraid that sometimes bad things happen, with or without our prayers; we live in a fallen world and the most appalling things happen all the time.

Here is another thought for you, though. We don't choose to pray; the Holy Spirit prompts us to pray by giving us a gentle reminder. You say that your friend (or friends) was hurt soon after you prayed for them; perhaps your prayers were there to prevent whatever happened from being worse. Perhaps the Holy Spirit knew that your friend needed prayer and spoke to your heart.

In which case the world needs your prayers; they are prayers of protection.

Meanwhile God does not hate you; God is not capable of hating anyone at all, least of all his own children. You have nothing to fear.

It might be a good idea to talk to a minister that you can trust about this. God does not use prayer as a means of punishment; really not.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and you shouldn't be afraid of praying. Continue to pray with faith, and put your trust in God. You pray to Him and God will do the rest from that point on. No matter whether it might seem hopeless sometimes and you may not always see results at once, but know that every prayer is heard by God, and He will answer in the way which He finds best for each situation. Sometimes prayers might not be answered before much later as well, just don't give up, and keep an watchful outlook too.

Don't let the enemy frighten you with praying to God, as praying to Him is also a very important part of your relationship's growth in Him too. Keep on getting closer to Him.

Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am afraid that sometimes bad things happen, with or without our prayers; we live in a fallen world and the most appalling things happen all the time.

Here is another thought for you, though. We don't choose to pray; the Holy Spirit prompts us to pray by giving us a gentle reminder. You say that your friend (or friends) was hurt soon after you prayed for them; perhaps your prayers were there to prevent whatever happened from being worse. Perhaps the Holy Spirit knew that your friend needed prayer and spoke to your heart.

In which case the world needs your prayers; they are prayers of protection.

Meanwhile God does not hate you; God is not capable of hating anyone at all, least of all his own children. You have nothing to fear.

It might be a good idea to talk to a minister that you can trust about this. God does not use prayer as a means of punishment; really not.

Thank You, your advice is really helpful.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2e5a9bdab560a00f5ea5363fda79cb1b.jpg

Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have had experiences in the past where things get worse after I've prayed, even! It made me wonder very lightly if my prayers were abominations.

I took it however as a, "Things get worse before they get better" thing.

I agree with Catherineanne! Very likely these are 'timely' prayers; always pay attention to the nudges of the Spirit to prayer.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ForsakenGirl, Na.. there have been times in my life I felt the same and I am sure so many here also. The thing is .. you cant try to see God understand GOD through the eyes of man. See EVERYTHING that was made was made for you. He came because He loved YOU. And He is not like man. When He says.. I LOVE YOU "forsakenGirl".. He is holding you.. HE WILL NEVER let go. No matter what you did or do..He never judges you nor condemns you. The word says.. ALL good things come from God. He can not do evil. He does not tell us to do no harm.. and yet He would? No....

Know.. that HE is FOR YOU.. you and this is SO VERY HEARD.. is for me.. to KNOW.. HE loves you.. He is not mad.. in any way. See He crys.. for not one person on this earth truly knows how much He loves them. So know where those thoughts come from. The negitive ones. And stay in the word. Pray the word. I say this all the time. As in when you have fear..you tell it to go...you say NO! It is written God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a SOUND MIND! And you may be so scared when you say it. Dont FEEL saved.. you goofed up AGAIN.... you say NO! You speak JOHN 3:16. See GOD cant lie. GOD does not go by feelings. HE is at work..HE does help. He does not hurt cause problems anything of the like. HE IS WITH YOU.. He NEVER EVER EVER GIVES UP! He is FAITHFUL. No matter how you feel think see or hear.. you trust HIM! No matter what it looks like.. pray.. and have faith that HE will keep His word....He is with you..and we are praying FOR YOU! And God hears

So... I LOVE to say this.. go out side night or day look around.. look at the sky.. did you know. EVERYTHING was made.. for YOU? As if you were the only one that would believe. So like the song..PRAISE THE LORD.. heres part..and it is SO TRUE

When you're up against a struggle that shatters all your dreams
And your hopes have been cruelly crushed by Satan's manifested schemes
And you feel the urge within you to submit to earthly fears
Don't let the faith you're standing in, seem to disappear

Praise the Lord, He can work through those who praise Him
Praise the Lord, for our God inhabits praise
Praise the Lord, for the chains that seems to bind you
Serve only to remind you that they drop powerless behind you
When you praise Him

Now Satan is a liar and he wants to make us think, that we are paupers
When he knows himself we're children of the King
So lift up the mighty shield of faith for the battle must be won
We know that Jesus Christ has risen so the work's already done

Praise the Lord, He can work through those who praise Him
Praise the Lord, for our God inhabits praise
Praise the Lord, for the chains that seems to bind you
Serve only to remind you that they drop powerless behind you
When you praise Him

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

i am afraid and confused with God's actions

Hello and God bless you :)

Please dont worry. Your prayer to God - for safety of the one u love - did not cause him to be hurt.

Its great that you said speak with God. Prayer is communication, praise and connecting with our maker. Prayer is the most important thing one can do, the Word of God is testimate to it. Prayer must be in line with Gods will.

Please remember God has to work with ppl. Ppl (including myself) arent perfect. Your prayers are always heard. We should always intercede to God on behalf of others but sometimes that person must go through something or cant stop something from happening (outside forces) or reaps what he sowed (not to say the one u love was asking for it).

We are told to endure. Life and its troubles will always be there. Suffering will always continue.

We will not let it beat us and we will praise the lord in both the good times and the bad times. We will endure the bad and ask God for His strength to stand up against our enemies.

If we fall, we pick ourselves up. If we break, we put ourselves back together. We do this because we have Jesus and He gave us the power (Holy Spirit).

Pls dont shy away from prayer, God knows your heart but He wants you to speak to Him. Sometimes it takes a while for prayer to seem effective (Israelites in Egypt - they never stopped however), sometimes it happens like that.

Most important for prayer to work you must love God, have faith that he hears you and hope that he will answer you with no hesitation in your heart.

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

The Lord is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Upvote 0