wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, I'm sure I can help you, but I want to make sure I get this right. You want to cover the browser window with a password protected popup so you can restrict access to a page?

HAve you considered a password protected page? You could have a whole new page open up after putting in a password. Using cookies you could also redirect people to the password box if they haven't entered the correct password.

With a few more details, or a view of the code, I'm sure I can give you plenty of ideas.

Upvote 0

APY

Aug 14, 2006
✟22,636.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Umm What's to prevent someone from just closing the popup window ?

Or using a popup blocker to prevent the popup in the first place ?
They can't do squat on the page unless the pop up goes away in this case, as in you must put the pass in for you to be able to do anything. Would you like to see the code I used? (the pop up was too small) I decided to add a forum to my site, and do some stuff to lock the threads or something. Thanks allot! :)

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They can't do squat on the page unless the pop up goes away in this case. If you have your own web page, (not on CF) I could show you the code, so you could try it out. That'd be great wiggs, what details do you need?
How do you figure? Firefox's popup blocker wouldn't even allow your popup through unless I specifically authorized it.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟405,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They can't do squat on the page unless the pop up goes away in this case, as in you must put the pass in for you to be able to do anything. Would you like to see the code I used? (the pop up was too small) I decided to add a forum to my site, and do some stuff to lock the threads or something. Thanks allot! :)
I'd love to see it.

Upvote 0

AmazingLoveAmazingGrace

Jun 6, 2006
Albion Park
Visit site
✟15,216.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Or, if your webhosting allows it, password protected directories which use 'htaccess'.

Clicking 'Cancel' on these merely returns 401 UNAUTHORISED from the server (an error condition - like a 404 page).

As for forums, most of them allow you to configure the forums to be password protected anyway. Check your forum settings.

Upvote 0

APY

Aug 14, 2006
✟22,636.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Or, if your webhosting allows it, password protected directories which use 'htaccess'.

Clicking 'Cancel' on these merely returns 401 UNAUTHORISED from the server (an error condition - like a 404 page).

As for forums, most of them allow you to configure the forums to be password protected anyway. Check your forum settings.
Thanks, I turned out using a forum anyway thank you all for your help!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jream

am I even here anymore
May 10, 2007
Tennessee
✟1,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I guess its useless now to post this, but this was a php script i did - probably not super secure but gets the job done. "admin" is just a example password.
PHP:
<?php
$password = "admin";  // Make a Password
?>

<?php 
  print "<h2 align=\"center\">JREAM FTP [Login]</h2>";
// If password is valid let the user get access
if (isset($_POST["password"]) && ($_POST["password"]=="$password")) {
?>

<?php header('Location: index-2.php'); // This takes to the next page
 ?>

Upvote 0