Midwest
✟84,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
meetings, reading, watching videos or YouTube. On a good night, babysitting grandkids.
I'm glad! I have 4-5 choices: housework, TV (boring), watching news(depressing), shopping online, CF.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Reading, watching YouTube -- The Wandering Woodsman, a guy who explores his home state of PA; Green Mountain Metal Detecting, a guy who does so in Vermont; some astronomy stuff my husband likes -- housework sometimes, Bible study, checking out bread recipes, sometimes do some baking, if the day has been nice might sit outside for a spell.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Every night we watch some old show, like Dr Who or Big Bang Theory. Work our way through them over many months. Depending on the night I also practice guitar and wife swims
I like guitar music. My daughter who is a grandma is taking lessons.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Reading, watching YouTube -- The Wandering Woodsman, a guy who explores his home state of PA; Green Mountain Metal Detecting, a guy who does so in Vermont; some astronomy stuff my husband likes -- housework sometimes, Bible study, checking out bread recipes, sometimes do some baking, if the day has been nice might sit outside for a spell.
I wish my husband had liked Bible study.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Watching an old Alfred Hitchcock Presents. No violence or bad language. This episode has the first Darren from Bewitched. Waiting on bad sleet and freezing rain to arrive. That's my winter Sunday evening.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Watching an old Alfred Hitchcock Presents. No violence or bad language. This episode has the first Darren from Bewitched. Waiting on bad sleet and freezing rain to arrive. That's my winter Sunday evening.
I've been known to watch those old shows (Alfred Hitchcock and others).

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've been known to watch those old shows (Alfred Hitchcock and others).
I can't find anything worth watching on regular TV anymore. We stream mostly, watch free channels including Roku's channel. It offers a lot of old shows, stuff you don't have to stress out on while watching. We've been watching ancient episodes of Password most nights, Barney Miller, Benson, Thriller, One Step Beyond, Johnny Carson. Mostly shows that make us laugh or have a mystery. There are also a few Christian channels I have saved, such as Rick Renner and Lion and Lamb Ministries.

Yesterday morning we woke up to a leaking water heater and the entire morning was taken up with having it replaced. So I was glad to sit and have a few laughs last night. ;) Still have to clean up the mess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟633,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't find anything worth watching on regular TV anymore. We stream mostly, watch free channels including Roku's channel. It offers a lot of old shows, stuff you don't have to stress out on while watching. We've been watching ancient episodes of Password most nights, Barney Miller, Benson, Thriller, One Step Beyond, Johnny Carson. Mostly shows that make us laugh or have a mystery. There are also a few Christian channels I have saved, such as Rick Renner and Lion and Lamb Ministries.
Yesterday morning we woke up to a leaking water heater and the entire morning was taken up with having it replaced. So I was glad to sit and have a few laughs last night. ;) Still have to clean up the mess.
I recently discovered Roku, Tubi and Pluto. Between the three there's quite a lot of old shows and Christian content to choose from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I recently discovered Roku, Tubi and Pluto. Between the three there's quite a lot of old shows and Christian content to choose from.
Pluto is great! It has everything for any mood. We get MeTV with rabbit ears and have been watching Perry Mason 'religiously' :)

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟633,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pluto is great! It has everything for any mood. We get MeTV with rabbit ears and have been watching Perry Mason 'religiously' :)
That put me on a search for Ironside, but no luck. I'm currently watching The Rockford Files on Roku. They have the whole series, which I didn't expect to find for free anywhere.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Every night we watch some old show, like Dr Who or Big Bang Theory. Work our way through them over many months. Depending on the night I also practice guitar and wife swims
My late husband would watch a movie with me. I miss that.

Reactions: WolfGate
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That put me on a search for Ironside, but no luck. I'm currently watching The Rockford Files on Roku. They have the whole series, which I didn't expect to find for free anywhere.
COOL! Very cool!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Oh, my gosh! I'm so sorry. I hate messes and have no shoulder to cry on.

I have cable which we got back in the nineties and I'm a creature of habit so haven't changed it.. I did watch a series on Tubi one time (my friend in another state suggested the series).

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0