Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like to watch the feed of new posts. I see so much politics. It's sad. It would be nice to see people weeping with those who weep and strengthening each other is our weaknesses instead of insulting each other with politics.

A house of prayer should be quiet without godless and worldly chatter. We should hear each other and not the world. We love, bless and help our enemies but we don't slander them or gossip about them, nor do we argue with them. That's not the peaceful gospel of love, faith, and hope

Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name is better than precious ointment,
And the day of death than the day of one’s birth;
2 Better to go to the house of mourning
Than to go to the house of feasting,
For that is the end of all men;
And the living will take it to heart.
3 Sorrow is better than laughter,
For by a sad countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning,
But the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise
Than for a man to hear the song of fools.
6 For like the crackling of thorns under a pot,
So is the laughter of the fool.
This also is vanity.
7 Surely oppression destroys a wise man’s reason,
And a bribe debases the heart.
8 The end of a thing is better than its beginning;
The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.
9 Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry,
For anger rests in the bosom of fools.
10 Do not say,
“Why were the former days better than these?”
For you do not inquire wisely concerning this.

Luke 6:20 Looking at his disciples, he said:

“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

24 “But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
25 Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

Love for Enemies​

27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Judging Others​

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

39 He also told them this parable: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.

41 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

A Tree and Its Fruit​

43 “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44 Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

The Wise and Foolish Builders​

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

Last edited:

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 10:6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.”

8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell; 9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; 10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟493,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A house of prayer should be quiet without godless and worldly chatter. We should hear each other and not the world. We love, bless and help our enemies but we don't slander them or gossip about them, nor do we argue with them. That's not the peaceful gospel of love, faith, and hope

I agree entirely. Although I do think it important to note that Christian Forums is not itself a house of prayer, but rather a collection of forums, including forums for political debate, as well as forums set aside for prayer.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree entirely. Although I do think it important to note that Christian Forums is not itself a house of prayer, but rather a collection of forums, including forums for political debate, as well as forums set aside for prayer.
It's a house of prayer as well.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟109,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree too, but there is a false piety that dictates to all Christians what they should do or not do, what they should talk about or not talk about. If the recommendation is balance, I'll go with that.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree too, but there is a false piety that dictates to all Christians what they should do or not do, what they should talk about or not talk about. If the recommendation is balance, I'll go with that.
Scripture dictates. False piety doesn't obey.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟493,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It's a house of prayer as well.

No its not. Christian Forums is not a house, it is not a church, it does not compete with churches, rather it is a forum where Christians from different churches can meet. We would not have Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic or Oriental Orthodox or confessional Lutheran members here if this was a church, since these denominations would not allow their members to participate on this forum if it were a House of Prayer.

Also by the way the phrase “House of Prayer” is Biblical, but unfortunately there is a peculiar denomination that has multiple parishes or chapels or houses or whatever they call them, well, they call them “Houses of Prayer”, I think, including one in London that uses that name, which has members from the former Soviet union; perhaps my friend @rusmeister might know who they are or might know of another Slavonic member who might be familiar with that denomination.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No its not. Christian Forums is not a house, it is not a church, it does not compete with churches, rather it is a forum where Christians from different churches can meet. We would not have Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic or Oriental Orthodox or confessional Lutheran members here if this was a church, since these denominations would not allow their members to participate on this forum if it were a House of Prayer.

Also by the way the phrase “House of Prayer” is Biblical, but unfortunately there is a peculiar denomination that has multiple parishes or chapels or houses or whatever they call them, well, they call them “Houses of Prayer”, I think, including one in London that uses that name, which has members from the former Soviet union; perhaps my friend @rusmeister might know who they are or might know of another Slavonic member who might be familiar with that denomination.
I'm a house of prayer. I don't act one way in church buildings but the opposite way elsewhere. I am the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 2-16 Who Has Known The Lord That He May Instruct Him black.jpg
tumblr_o6eq2hv5qv1rldneco1_1280.jpg
b7c7f9bd2625e669a80b09eaafe35dc5.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay. But this site isn’t a house.
You have not seen God but his words are sacred. We are justified and condemned by our words. Why would you not want this website to be a godly place of peace and prayer instead of contention and debate?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Division and contention can actually hinder our prayer I think. Scripture says that God won't hear our prayer if we sin.
It’s not a sin that this site isn’t a house.

• Agree
Upvote 0