Honest Question

roach

Jul 31, 2011
✟15,365.00
Faith
Atheist
I honestly must say, that although I've read some of this nueroscience and find it fascinating, I haven't really started to come to grips with how or wether this evidence fits with theism and particularly Christianity. Is our free-will predetermined? Or, do we have innate impulses and ideas that we get to sort through? Are all of our thoughts outside ourselves? Is their autonomy? Or, are we simply reading to much into results too soon, like a theist who grabs any and all latest scientific results that seem to support their position while the jury is out and finds themselves arguing against further results that narrow the gap they've stuck God into? Hummmm? (Strokes non-existant beard with a happily curious air.):yum:

Yeah, I get what you mean, it is difficult to know where all of this may lead. I love science and see how some promising trends in certain areas of discourse often turn out to be much less significant than they seemed at first. I am reading "The Blank Slate" by Steven Pinker and he talks about the vilification of O.E. Wilson and his work on sociobiology, for instance. Understandably, It's probably for the best, so thanks...

Upvote 0

ChiRho78

Sep 21, 2011
Virginia, USA
✟7,800.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know many of you are going to think I am being a smart butt, but honestly I am not.

Question:
Why do you care what we believe as far as the BBT and Evolution goes? How does me believing GOD DID IT, affect your life?

Does it truly bother you that much? Why do you work so hard to try and prove to use God didn't do it?

Again no sarcasm intended, I'm just curious.

God Bless
Melissa

Because there are actually people who want to teach this creation mythology in schools, as if it was scientific.

Upvote 0