Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That is catchy for sure -

But the problem is that they are not remotely analogous -
The Father Son and Holy Spirit are the ONE God who is "One God in three persons".

Satan is the undisputed head of all the armies of evil opposed to the one God.

But God is infinitely wise, infinitely powerful, infinitely capable.

So that is "infinite" as compared to finite.

======================

Satan's "tools"/minions are:
the beast
the false prophet
All the lost nations/people of mankind

And Satan has far more adherents on planet Earth - than does God.
Satan's kingdom calls for selfish ease, indulgence, self-serving. God's Kingdom calls for self-control, discipline, Sacrifice

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟17,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks @BobRyan for your input.

Let us examine just the Holy Ghost vs. Dragon. Would you agree with this commentary?

The dragon is the emblem of the evil spirit, the devil, the perpetual antagonist of good, the persecutor of the Church in all ages (comp. Psalm 74:13): just as the dragon is sometimes employed to represent the Egyptian power, the ancient foe of Israel (Isaiah 51:9; Ezekiel 29:3).

"He is one, yet diverse; one, as an evil spirit; diverse, in the varieties of his power."

The Dragon is the evil Spirit, which is opposite of the Holy Spirit.

In other words, we are looking at Spirit vs. Spirit.

The Dragon gives Power...

Revelation 13:4
"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

Revelation 13:2
"And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."

Satan has Power...

Acts 26:18
"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

Satan is Spirit...

Ephesians 2:2
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience"

The Holy Ghost gives Power...

Romans 15:13
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."

Obviously, the Holy Spirit is Spirit.

To claim that "they are not remotely analogous" is something that both Scripture and Scholars disagree with.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I would like to get some opinions on how you would juxtapose the Holy Trinity with the Unholy Trinity.

Would you consider this list accurate?
  • Father vs. Beast
  • Word or Son vs. False Prophet
  • Holy Ghost vs. Dragon
How would you juxtapose them?

Thanks!

The king of the north/man of sin/beast from the sea (all the same people)
The antichrist/false prophet/beast from the earth )all the same people)
and satan

I am not sure how they line up but the false prophet brings worship to the The king of the north/man of sin/beast from the sea and in turn people acknowledge satan as the source of the kings power. Especially after the king is healed from his deadly wound.

The king of the north or man of sin
Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.
So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

The false prophet or antichrist
Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟946,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to get some opinions on how you would juxtapose the Holy Trinity with the Unholy Trinity.

• Father vs. Beast
  • Holy Ghost vs. Dragon

Thanks!
By juxtaposing the Triune God one is giving the dark side equal power so IMO, it can not be done. For example, black and white are equally juxtaposed but God can not be juxtaposed with anyone or anything as He is Creator of all things.
Blessings.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟110,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

• Father vs. Beast
  • Holy Ghost vs. Dragon

Thanks!
Father vs. Satan/the Dragon
Son vs. Beast/the Antichrist
Spirit vs. 2nd Beast/the False Prophet

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟497,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I don’t believe there is an “unholy trinity.” The only Trinity is the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost. It is precisely because God is an eternal union of three persons united as a family of pure Love in the unity of the unoriginate essence of the Father that makes him that which creation must aspire to, and to sin is to reject Trinitarianism.

Indeed the idea of the devil that he could personally be God himself, as a single person, and not in the union of love of the Father, His Son and Word and His Holy Spirit, is a substantial factor in his disobedience and sinfulness. The idea of the Trinity is the mold that is broken with war, divorce, sexual perversion, the lust for power, and all other sin, and thus there could not be an unholy Trinity as the concept is an oxymoron insofar as it is an ontological contradiction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟735,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

• Father vs. Beast
  • Holy Ghost vs. Dragon

Thanks!

The unholy trinity (or unholy alliance) is

The dragon - satan
The beast (1st beast) - the papacy
The false prophet (2nd beast (makes a image to the first beast)- America

There really isn’t a obvious contrast (juxtapose)

Because it is a great deception of the 3

Those knowing the word of God will recognize the deception.

It is the alliance of religious and state powers with satan behind it all.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟285,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

• Father vs. Beast
  • Holy Ghost vs. Dragon

Thanks!
Where do we find the phrase "unholy trinity" in the Bible?

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟226,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Holy Trinity exists, the "unholy trinity" does not, and is merely a literary device.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟259,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That is catchy for sure -

But the problem is that they are not remotely analogous -
The Father Son and Holy Spirit are the ONE God who is "One God in three persons".

Satan is the undisputed head of all the armies of evil opposed to the one God.

But God is infinitely wise, infinitely powerful, infinitely capable.

So that is "infinite" as compared to finite.

======================

Satan's "tools"/minions are:
the beast
the false prophet
All the lost nations/people of mankind

And Satan has far more adherents on planet Earth - than does God.
Satan's kingdom calls for selfish ease, indulgence, self-serving. God's Kingdom calls for self-control, discipline, Sacrifice
I agree with this comment. Satan and his minions can never be one because God is not mocked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟931,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks @BobRyan for your input.

Let us examine just the Holy Ghost vs. Dragon. Would you agree with this commentary?

The dragon is the emblem of the evil spirit, the devil, the perpetual antagonist of good, the persecutor of the Church in all ages (comp. Psalm 74:13): just as the dragon is sometimes employed to represent the Egyptian power, the ancient foe of Israel (Isaiah 51:9; Ezekiel 29:3).

"He is one, yet diverse; one, as an evil spirit; diverse, in the varieties of his power."

The Dragon is the evil Spirit, which is opposite of the Holy Spirit.

In other words, we are looking at Spirit vs. Spirit.

The Dragon gives Power...

Revelation 13:4
"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

Revelation 13:2
"And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."

Satan has Power...

Acts 26:18
"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

Satan is Spirit...

Ephesians 2:2
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience"

The Holy Ghost gives Power...

Romans 15:13
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."

Obviously, the Holy Spirit is Spirit.

To claim that "they are not remotely analogous" is something that both Scripture and Scholars disagree with.
Very interesting

Certainly it is true that Satan is the enemy of God as the Bible says --- yet we would also note that God is infinitely above and more powerful than Satan.

Yet Satan still does have a huge amount of power compared to humans as 2 Thess 2 says.
8 Then that lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will eliminate with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and false signs and wonders
So then in Rev 12 - the dragon engages in direct war with the angels of God, wars in heaven, is cast down , then wages war against the church of God on earth.​

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟497,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Not in the Judeo-Christian Bible.

It is obvious my dear friend @Jipsah was making a joke, since obviously the Epistle of St. Jude is nowhere near that lengthy. This is how I interpreted it, since in the previous post he literally stated that the Unholy Trinity does not exist (and consequently the phrase “unholy trinity” would not appear in the Bible, indeed even the word Trinity does not appear in the Bible; rather Trinitas was coined by the brilliant third century theological scholar Tertullian, who sadly fell into the trap of rigorism and was drawn into the Montanist cult, which was an extremely sad outcome, and a warning that even pious and talented scholars of Christian theology are not immune to apostasy) and I found it greatly amusing, for Jipsah has a particularly good sense of humor.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟285,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is obvious my dear friend @Jipsah was making a joke, since obviously the Epistle of St. Jude is nowhere near that lengthy. This is how I interpreted it, since in the previous post he literally stated that the Unholy Trinity does not exist (and consequently the phrase “unholy trinity” would not appear in the Bible, indeed even the word Trinity does not appear in the Bible; rather Trinitas was coined by the brilliant third century theological scholar Tertullian, who sadly fell into the trap of rigorism and was drawn into the Montanist cult, which was an extremely sad outcome, and a warning that even pious and talented scholars of Christian theology are not immune to apostasy) and I found it greatly amusing, for Jipsah has a particularly good sense of humor.
Thanks so much. . .I've been away for a couple of weeks and just took it at face value.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟226,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not in the Judeo-Christian Bible.
"Third Chapter of Jude"is an old joke meaning "that ain't in the Bible". I just made it a bit more absurd.

Upvote 0