Help! What do I do with my site now that I made it???

deornie

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2003
✟20,086.00
Faith
Christian
:confused: Hey there!

Just finished designing and encoding my firstest site ever. :)

Now I am stuck. I have no clue what to do next. Can anyone tell me where to get some free web-space? Before i buy some (at the moment i can not really afford it) I want to try and launch it on some free space, and see if it works, or goes all skew, or smth lol:sick:

Also I have no clue HOW on earth do i stick it there? Is there a program i should use?

(That all must sound pretty dumb:blush: :blush: )

Any help would be appreciated!!

Love and hugs from deornie

wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, are you a student? If so check with your school. Most universities offer free space. If not you may be able to use geocities or something similar. If you just need some temporary space until you can afford a host I could probably lend you some. PM me if you need it. As for getting everything uploaded your best bet would be a FTP program such as 3dftp (google it for more).

Upvote 0

deornie

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2003
✟20,086.00
Faith
Christian
Hmm, are you a student? If so check with your school. Most universities offer free space. If not you may be able to use geocities or something similar. If you just need some temporary space until you can afford a host I could probably lend you some. PM me if you need it. As for getting everything uploaded your best bet would be a FTP program such as 3dftp (google it for more).
Oh thanks! At least something! I need an ftp program? Okie, I might have one somewhere...lol Have to see how THAT works!

Unfortunately I am not a student... so have to look for free stuff... Thank you for your offer, but i think im gonna have to use geocities or smth... cos i really dont know when i will be able to afford to buy webspace... there is some monthly fee for it right? As things go now, i will have to stick to free stuff for a while...:(

But cheer up! Thank goodness for free webspace!!! :D

I was under the impression that i can only create website on geocities using their tools? Or can I actually upload site there using some FTP program?

Hugs and thanks to wiggsfly

Upvote 0

deornie

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2003
✟20,086.00
Faith
Christian
Oh yes they do, but at a monthly fee that I can not afford...:(

Eventually I want to buy some webspace because there are also other projects I am working on.... (I am busy on making a website for an artist, for free, you know, as a gift, because I really think she is very talented, and just want to show the world what she does, she is really not looking for fame or anything, not exibits her paintings, but I want to do it for her, because she is awesome!
Also have a project in my mind about nature, something educational, about plants and animals...

And yes a project for local school that helps disadvantaged children...

SO you see eventually I will need my own webspace, but for now I want to launch my first site I just finished making... )

The website I made is for my fiance's 'business', well so to say... we are trying to do some converting from video to DVD and scanning... so I made us a tiny site... At the moment that is not really working(the business), so our study plans failed... and if in 2 months we dont manage to pay our rent, then we will go to England for some agricultural job again...:( That will mean that we will not need the site anymore... you see? This is why besides the fact that we cant afford to pay every month for the webspace, if things dont go better financially, the 'business' (which is too loud a word for what we are trying to do) will be shut down...(So we also need lots of faith and trust and prayers....)

Looks like with geocities I can only do that if i have their advanced account... so will have to look for some other free webspace... Just cant make heads or tails out of it...lol cos there is so much 'free' stuff... but as it is known you can only find free cheese in the mousetrap! LOL :D

I have some funny program called ACE FTP Pro... And the Dreamweaver... so wonder if I can use these programs to stick the site online...

Thank you for your replies!:hug:

Hugs and love from deornie

Upvote 0

jms1989

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
✟15,403.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you find a web host? I know a great one that provides 500MB of space, 5000MB of bandwidth, and much more for free. The site is jwnmedia.com

Once you create an account there, send a PM to Jay with your request and include some details like what your site will be used for and the like. Once the web account has been created, you can use a FTP client to upload the files. Windows has a built-in ftp client or you can look through google for one, "Free FTP clients for windows". That should work.

Let us know how it goes.

Upvote 0