Columbus
✟2,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't know which forum to post this in.)

I'm looking for a new denomination and am overwhelmed with 40k+ denominations. Please help!

Looking for these qualifiers:
-Protestant
-Solo sciptura (only scripture as the authority and not tradition/etc)
-Conservative core biblical beliefs (especially on 1 Cor 6:9-11, 1 Tim 1:9-10; most people don't get into heaven, Jesus IS God and is the son/avatar/theophany of God and is the promised Messiah)
-No women pastors
-Doesn't preach the foundation of salvation, laying on of hands, etc over and over again (Paul tells the churches to stop doing this and to move on from milk to meat so the church can grow spiritually). I grew up Baptist and all churches I've ever gone to do this all the time.
-Teaches a POST Trib rapture
-Believes in a literal Antichrist and doesn't believe that most of the end-times prophecy from Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel 38-39, etc has already happened
-No dietary restrictions

Thank you in advance.

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟75,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't know which forum to post this in.)

I'm looking for a new denomination and am overwhelmed with 40k+ denominations. Please help!

-Protestant
-Conservative core biblical beliefs (especially on 1 Cor 6:9-11, 1 Tim 1:9-10; most people don't get into heaven, Jesus IS God and is the son/avatar/theophany of God and is the promised Messiah)
-No women pastors
-Doesn't preach the foundation of salvation, laying on of hands, etc over and over again (Paul tells the churches to stop doing this and to move on from milk to meat so the church can grow spiritually). I grew up Baptist and all churches I've ever gone to do this all the time.
-Believes in a literal Antichrist and doesn't believe that most of the end-times prophecy from Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel 38-39, etc has already happened
-No dietary restrictions

Thank you in advance.

According to what you listed, I would recommend a conservative Baptist church. A lot of them are dispensationalism, but due to local church autonomy, a Baptist church can hold to just about any view of eschatology, and when the ones that lean dispensationalist usually don't require it as a test of faith.

Reactions: NeoWatchman
Upvote 0

NeoWatchman

Apr 17, 2024
Columbus
✟2,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

-Protestant
-No women pastors
-No dietary restrictions

Thank you in advance.
Oops. *Sola scriptura

Upvote 0

NeoWatchman

Apr 17, 2024
Columbus
✟2,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to what you listed, I would recommend a conservative Baptist church. A lot of them are dispensationalism, but due to local church autonomy, a Baptist church can hold to just about any view of eschatology, and when the ones that lean dispensationalist usually don't require it as a test of faith.
Thank you for the reply.

Sadly, every Baptist church I've gone to lays the foundation of salvation over and over again quite often (which Paul speak against) as if church (the body of Christ, the assembling of BELIEVERS) is for the unsaved rather than the saved. Christians are supposed to GO OUT INTO THE WORLD to preach the foundation of salvation/the Gospel (NOT bring the unsaved into the church):

Hebrews 6:1-2; Hebrews 5:12
1 Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food,

This message is NOT directed towards you but is for preachers (and congregations) that might be reading this, whose church goes against the teachings of the Bible (ie, for posterity). And we wonder why so many churches are spiritually dead. THIS is one of the reasons.

Upvote 0

rita727

Jul 29, 2006
A Pineapple under the Sea
✟24,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Baptist was my first thought as well.

Reactions: NeoWatchman
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,080,063.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There are two important figures in a church...

1. Senior Pastor
2. Worship Leader

It seems that there are good and bad leaders wherever you go these days. I would first try to find the confidence in the leadership before joining any church.

Upvote 0