Feb 17, 2004
✟265,989.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
They don't have to do anything of the sort

I'm not The Lord

Knowing whether you're successful or not with the testimony you're providing doesn't necessitate you being a god. You may not be curious about your effectiveness, but I sure am.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟265,989.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That's quite alright. I don't need to know anything. I was simply told to preach THE TRUTH

He who has ears to hear will hear

And GOD doesn't have to run anything by me

HE knows who has ears to hear and will hear

Not me

So if everyone says they haven't been swayed, you're still going with the "maybe there's some unverifiable people out there that are being swayed"?

I realize that might be a more preferable way of thinking about it, but you should realize that it's completely illogical.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's quite alright. I don't need to know anything. I was simply told to preach THE TRUTH

Not me
Ah, so you're here just to preach. Got it.
Vaya con dios.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Knowing whether you're successful or not with the testimony you're providing doesn't necessitate you being a god. You may not be curious about your effectiveness, but I sure am.
What? What does That mean?

You think that somehow by what I do I can somehow guarantee something for myself?

I have what I need already. There's really nothing that I lack or need but what has already been
given me

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟265,989.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What? What does That mean?

You think that somehow by what I do I can somehow guarantee something for myself?

I have what I need already. There's really nothing that I lack or need but what has already been
given me

I'm saying that I'm interested in knowing how effective your testimony is. I'm guessing you're going to keep preaching even if everyone says that your testimony doesn't sway them at all. And I'm saying that it's illogical to think you're doing any good at all if you don't have evidence that you are.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying that I'm interested in knowing how effective your testimony is. I'm guessing you're going to keep preaching even if everyone says that your testimony doesn't sway them at all. And I'm saying that it's illogical to think you're doing any good at all if you don't have evidence that you are.
Todd? I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟265,989.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Todd? I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do

Well, until someone gets all the threads you post in shut down for preaching in the Philosophy section.

And since you can't be sure that you're doing any good (and the only evidence you have is that you aren't), I really can't see a point.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Not me

What truth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, until someone gets all the threads you post in shut down for preaching in the Philosophy section.

And since you can't be sure that you're doing any good (and the only evidence you have is that you aren't), I really can't see a point.
Then if you ever want to speak to me again you will have to meet me in the strictly Christian forum on this Christian website

Upvote 0