Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
salt is good for cleaning wounds, so i'm venturing a guess here... we're to be the comforters to the world? and do things that Christ require us to do?... maybe it's sort of the same meaning with the next verse:
"You the light of the world"

just be Christ's followers and show the world the meaning of being God's children.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"we fall away from the love of Christ?...."

The ONLY way salt can "loose" its saltiness is to dilute it. Christ is saying do not dilute the word of God. People attempt this all the time by adding things in that they believe. Some examples I would cite are its okay to sin sometimes (homosexuality IMO), name it claim it..etc..this is just some of what i've seen recently.

Upvote 0

debs

May 18, 2002
Visit site
✟403.00
I was reading the word prior to this and Jesus is talking about sin and the fires of hell.

Then He says that everyone will be salted with fire (thats us). It seems to me as his words unfold that the salt He speaks of is the knowledge of Gods grace as revealed to us who are redeemed.
I think this is the salt He is speaking about: we carry with us the knowledge of Gods grace, thats what helps us to live in peace with one another: the common ground that makes us equal. ..more thoughts?

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
before i read Louis's reply, i was thinking more in line of Christians losing their love for God (falling away from Christ), losing their zeal in lives with God during difficult circumstances... thus... losing our saltiness.

um, my view seems to overlap a bit with your idea there. I think it all comes back to losing ourselves to actions that are against God's will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
hmmm our saltiness, I feel the salt is Gods spirit within us. the more we allow his spirit to work through us, the saltier we become. We can lose our saltiness when we allow things in our life that we shouldn't, and if we try to supress Gods spirit from working through us, by trying to hide it from others to escape the humiliation of what they might think of us for holding onto what we believe in.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.