Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How often do you use guides or walkthroughs?

I feel like any game is beatable w/ a guide & practice. I probably use them once a game, usually in games where I’m not sure what to do next or where to go next. B/c I don’t want to just waste days & days running around the map completely lost. But some people I talk to don’t use guides at all. If a game gets too hard, they simply give up.

I don’t like doing that. I want to at least beat the story mode of a game I get. I don’t like just leaving a game unbeat so resort to a guide once or twice a game to get thru.

I wish I didn’t do it at all but otherwise, it makes me feel like a cheater, but I don’t want to leave the game unbeat either! I try to rationialize it it'd be no different than talking to a friend who's gotten past the part I'm stuck on for help!

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟152,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Games with puzzles are too frustrating for me without guides, unless the puzzles are simple and obvious. I also get lost in a lot of games so I have to look up where to go. I don't see it as cheating because I'm not making anyone a promise to beat the game without help.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟163,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I try not to use guides or walkthroughs unless I get really stuck in a game and can't figure out what to do on my own. I don't think using guides and walkthroughs is cheating when you're lost and would give up otherwise. I don't like being stuck in a game forever. I guess I do like being able to finish a game on my own when I can, though.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,019,421.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
How often do you use guides or walkthroughs?

I feel like any game is beatable w/ a guide & practice. I probably use them once a game, usually in games where I’m not sure what to do next or where to go next. B/c I don’t want to just waste days & days running around the map completely lost. But some people I talk to don’t use guides at all. If a game gets too hard, they simply give up.

I don’t like doing that. I want to at least beat the story mode of a game I get. I don’t like just leaving a game unbeat so resort to a guide once or twice a game to get thru.

I wish I didn’t do it at all but otherwise, it makes me feel like a cheater, but I don’t want to leave the game unbeat either! I try to rationialize it it'd be no different than talking to a friend who's gotten past the part I'm stuck on for help!

I use them very extensively. I don't have the patience to aimlessly wander around and get lost forever.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0