Good Clapping Songs?

Godshouse777

Nov 1, 2004
✟164.00
Faith
Christian
Hi,
I lead worship for a church, sometimes I hit a wall when I try to come up with a good upbeat clapping song to sing for service.

Being a meloncholly musician, I am drawn to a more balladesque type of music, so some of the clapping songs don't fit my particular taste, but that is not going to keep me from playing some really good ones. I am just curious which songs y'all like to use.

Thanks

Reactions: mikep78

Singin4Him

Here I am Lord, send me!
Jul 31, 2004
Texas
✟20,030.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband and I lead worship together and a few songs we do are:

Trading my Sorrows
Be Glorified
My Redeemer Lives
The Happy Song
Let Everything that has Breath
Unchanging

Those are some, but also don't forget you can make a lot of songs more upbeat. Hymns are a lot of fun to make more upbeat, my husband and I like to do that. One of our favs is "I surrender all".

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

School's Out!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟571,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well there is a whole lot of good and God clapping songs. But the best for both of them combined try to Gaither Family Homecoming Reunion songs. Because they are God clapping and good to stomp your feet with. Because those are wonderful and also they will lift your spirits as well as bring you into an awesome mood and make you take your cares off everything.

Upvote 0
J

J3sus Is My L0rd

Ahh yes.. clapping songs are GREAT!

It's good to have the congregation clappin together (well, most of 'em are together.. u have a few 'slow' ones, if ya know what I mean ;)) haha anyway

Clapping songs are so much fun... just pick the upbeat praise songs. all these guys/gals have posted good ones.. the 'jewish' style songs are really good (they just sound jewish to me Lol) such as, "Victory Chant"

Other good ones are just songs that are fast that have a steady rhythm goin on the drums.. if u can get your drummer to really get that beat goin.. ooo boy, watch out! U won't even have to say/do anythin and the congregation will be clappin away. Maybe to drown out the sound of the drums Haha! just kidding ;)

But be blessed †

Upvote 0

Stan the Man

Helper and Protector
Dec 9, 2003
Stroud
✟9,623.00
Faith
Christian
:clap:

If only I could clap whilst playing my guitar or trumpet!

Oh there are sooo many :D here's a sample dude.

All the kings will bow
Blessed be Your name
Can I ascend the hill of the Lord (I'm coming up the mountain)
Come, now is the time to worship
Dance dance, everybody dance
Days of Elijah
Did you feel the mountains tremble?
Great is the darkness that covers the Earth (Come Lord Jesus)
Hey Lord, O Lord
Hosanna
I could sing unending songs (The Happy Song)
I just want to love (I'll always love You)
I love You Lord (Joy)
I will dance, I will sing (Undignified)
I will love You for the cross
In the Secret (I want to know You)
Is it true today? (History Maker)
Jesus You alone
King Jesus I believe.
Let worship be the fuel for mission's flame (You should be the praise of every tongue)
Lord I lift Your name on high (You came from heaven to Earth)
Lord, my request (It's the way You walk with me)
Open the eyes of my heart (I want to see you)
Over all the Earth
Rejoice, rejoice, Christ is in you
There is a song that must be sung (His Name is Jesus)
Walk, walk in the Light
We wanna see Jesus lifted high
Well I hear the're singing in the streets (I've found Jesus)
Wonderful so wonderful (Beautiful One)
Yesterday, today, and forever

That's all I can think of without checking my song books.

Grace and Peace

Stan

Upvote 0

KristianJ

What's in a name? Letters...
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney, Australia
✟35,788.00
Faith
Christian
J3sus Is My L0rd said:
It's good to have the congregation clappin together (well, most of 'em are together.. u have a few 'slow' ones, if ya know what I mean ;)) haha anyway
It's also good when they clap on the right beats!!! ^_^ (clapping has a better feel on beats 2 and 4 of a song IMHO...and when you have some congregation members clapping on 1 and 3 and the others 2 and 4 it can be quite interesting)

Upvote 0

keyz

Mar 7, 2004
✟1,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
f.o.o.t.man said:
Well, see I have this internal disability that does not allow me to sing and clap at the same time. I believe it refered to as norhythmisis. Very serious. Very embarrassing.
lol. I'm weird like that too. See I'm really weird though because I play keyboard(s), guitar, and sometimes I mess around on the djembe or bongos, but when it comes time to clap my own hands while worshipping--well let's just say it is not pretty. Instead of clapping I either pound on a chair or I air strum a gutair. My friend is the same exact way. :p Good thing God accepts us for who we are. ^_^

But to the original poster... I don't know of any good clapping songs. It all depends on how the song is played. I've played some really upbeat songs before and no one has clapped. The whole congregation was dead. Then I've played slower songs and they have clapped. You can clap to everyone song that is played as long as it has a beat and rhythm. I've found that more people clap and participate when their is a driving beat or funky straight guitar rhythm. It's all how it is presented. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Julikenz

God is not a misogynist
May 17, 2004
Sydney.
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
keyz said:
See I'm really weird though because I play keyboard(s), guitar, and sometimes I mess around on the djembe or bongos, but when it comes time to clap my own hands while worshipping--well let's just say it is not pretty. Instead of clapping I either pound on a chair or I air strum a gutair.

ROFL!! ^_^

Upvote 0

angeleyes21

Oct 9, 2004
Amarillo Texas
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Godshouse777 said:
Hi,
I lead worship for a church, sometimes I hit a wall when I try to come up with a good upbeat clapping song to sing for service.

Being a meloncholly musician, I am drawn to a more balladesque type of music, so some of the clapping songs don't fit my particular taste, but that is not going to keep me from playing some really good ones. I am just curious which songs y'all like to use.

Thanks

I do music with our praise team at our church. I love it.

Trading my Sorrows
My Redeemer Lives
Let Everything that Has Breath
Days of Elijah
Happy Song
Fields of Grace
We Will Embrace Your Move
Let the River Flow
Ancient of Days....

these are to list a few of them. Let me know if you want more.

love ya in Christ
jennifer nicole :bow:

Upvote 0

The Julikenz

God is not a misogynist
May 17, 2004
Sydney.
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
our congregation just clap on whatever beats they want. you wont get one song when everyone is ontime its always alteast half on one beat and half on another. i dont lead church, i only lead youth and mission. The problem with out church worship leaders is we have worshipers, and we have leaders who can play instruments, but we do not have worship leaders it ticks me off too :sigh: but hey im praying on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikep78

Owner/Founder- Worship Tracks Live
Jan 4, 2010
Bluefield WV, USA
Visit site
✟15,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

Thanks
Hey first one that comes to mind is In The River by Jesus Culture.

Upvote 0