Genesis and Creation, Days are long "ages" ect...?

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said---they are for us to keep our time---not God's timing. He gave us our timing. And His creation is not 1000 years to a day.
God's creation is more like a Billion years is a day. As I repeatedly say: It took God 12.990 billion years to create Adam and Eve. He was FINISHED with His work 6,000 years ago in Eden. Not 6 days ago as people on here seem to be suggesting. Bishop Ushers wrote a book with almost 2,000 pages that gives us the history of the last 6,000 years.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evolution says nothing about life from nothing. There is overwelming evidence that the earth is billions of years old. That does not conflict with the Bible because we still find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden 5990 years ago. Bishop Usher uses the date 4004 BC. There is no reason to question that date.

Kabbalah tells us that temporal life comes from eternal life. We are finite. The universe started out as hydrogen. helium, lithium, beryllium. All the other elements were created out of those four. (118 elements) Each element burns at a different color, so they can all be observed in the stars. Most of the elements are created in a star. So the universe did not start out with nothing. But the universe is a closed system now.

You can toss all the hydrogen. helium, lithium, beryllium together you want, you won't create life. When we say nothing, we mean non-life becoming life.
There is only evidence, evidence that men interpret as evolution. Animals with similar structures doesn't prove evolution, but to someone who believes evolution it does because they have no other alternative explanation, or none they want to hear.
What does Jewish mysticism have to do with this topic?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God's creation is more like a Billion years is a day. As I repeatedly say: It took God 12.990 billion years to create Adam and Eve. He was FINISHED with His work 6,000 years ago in Eden. Not 6 days ago as people on here seem to be suggesting. Bishop Ushers wrote a book with almost 2,000 pages that gives us the history of the last 6,000 years.

6 days ago??? Haven't seen anyone here say that. It took God 1 day to create Adam and Eve. Read your bible. And He said it again when He wrote the 10 commandments---on stone with His own hand---and I believe Him. Obviously, you prefer to believe man.

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am still waiting on scripture that says God made Adam on day 8.

Now show me the scripture that says it took God 12.990 billion years to create Adam. You can't because you added that from someplace else. Only scripture is God's revealed truth to us, not other sources.

I will continue to believe the Bible and the Bible says God made Adam on day 6 and that creation took 6 literal days.

Do you have any scriptural references to back up any of your statements?

• Winner
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am still waiting on scripture that says God made Adam on day 8.
Do you have a Biology book? Mankind has been around a LOT longer then 6,000 years.
Now show me the scripture that says it took God 12.990 billion years to create Adam.
Did you miss my answer to this question? This comes from Carl Sagan and Neil Degrasse Tyson. They are the host of Cosmos. This is a series on PBS. They talk about how we are made of Star Stuff. Why don't you do a google search because they are much better teachers on this subject then I am. What you will find is: "We're made of star stuff," Sagan famously stated in one episode. His statement sums up the fact that the carbon, nitrogen and oxygen atoms in our bodies, as well as atoms of all other heavy elements, were created in previous generations of stars over 4.5 billion years ago." Also I like talking about the Great Oxygen event: "The Great Oxygenation Event (GOE) was the introduction of free oxygen into our atmosphere. It was caused by cyanobacteria doing photosynthesis. It took a very long time, from about three billion years ago to about one billion years ago." Adam and Eve breathed oxygen. The qustion is when did oxygen based life first begin to appear on planet Earth. The point here is the more we study science the better our understanding of the Bible and what God wants us to know. Red is amazing in the rock formations. Just simply amazing.

Notice these are the key words we use: "Star Stuff" & "Great Oxygenation event". This makes it easy to do a google search to research the latest information on this subject. I first began to study Science (Biology) in High School 50 years ago. I read a book at the time called: "The Double Helix" written by Francis Crick. This was about the discovery of DNA. We have learned a lot about DNA in the last 50 years. Today we read Francis Collins books about the "Language of God". He talks about how DNA is the language God uses to create us. This becomes the foundation of Theistic Evolution. Before we had the fossil record. NOW we can supplement that with our understanding of DNA. We have the J haplogroup. J does not stand for "Jewish" but it could. This is the DNA of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. Notice in the chart we see the J1a and the J1g subclade. This is the time frame we need for Adam and Eve 6,000 years ago. The most famious group is what they call the Cohen gene. Again this is a key word that we can us to do a search to find out what the latest information is about the Cohen family. The also call this the Y-chromosomal Aaron because these are the descendants of Aaron.

The Geneologies are in the Bible, all the way from Adam to Jesus, though David. Because Jesus is descended from David. We are told that the Messiah would be a descendant of David. Just this is a study all by itself. I am trying to be as brief as I can because it is not practical to come on here and write a whole book about this. But I could write a whole book on any aspect of this subject.

YOUR question was to show you that it took 12.990 billion years to create Adam. Results from NASA's Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) released in February 2003 show that the first stars formed when the universe was only about 200 million years old. Observations by WMAP also revealed that the universe is currently about 13. 7 billion years old.

Genesis 2:7, KJV: "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7, NASB: "Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."

Where did the "duct of the ground" that we read about in Genesis 2:7 come from? It came from a star that was first formed 13.7 billion years ago according to NASA. I tend to take NASA serious because if they screw up then people are going to die. They have to get it right. They do to have any room or margin for error. They take their work very serious. I actually have a niece that works for NASA and they are paying for her to get her PhD in chemistry.

I will add one more point. Each Element burns at a different color. So they can use a Spectroscope prism to determine what elements are in a star. Spectroscopes are also called spectrographs. It is in the furnace of a star that God created the elements called "duct of the ground" that He used to make Adam and Eve in the Bible.

317629_abcf6fece40f1d8cb912ff47a1447675.png

The Double Helix

Attachments

• screenshot-en.wikipedia.org-2019.12.05-22_50_45.png
    screenshot-en.wikipedia.org-2019.12.05-22_50_45.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It took God 1 day to create Adam and Eve. Read your bible.
What verse do you want me to read? How about this verse: "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work." (Genesis 2:1) This does not say that God created man in a day. He said there was a day when He finished His work. According to Bishop Usher (in his book history of the world) that day was 4004 bc or around 6,000 years ago in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve were real people that lived in the Tigris Euphrates river valley. Noah was a real person and his flood was a real flood, just like the ARK was a real boat. There is a very literal aspect to these stores and these people. But a lot of this is symbolic. They call this archetypes or paradigms. Some say: "types". There are people in the Bible that are a "TYPE" of Christ. This is why we need to understand shadows and types in the Bible and what they represent. "These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." (Col2:7) We can use other words: allegory, metaphor, homiletics, symbol, parable, allusion, and so on. We see that there is a deeper meaning. As children we take things at face value. As we get older we search out the deeper meaning and the mysteries of God so that we have better or greater understanding. Paul said: "God gave me to fully proclaim to you the word of God, the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now revealed to His saints" (Col 1:26) Today like in Paul's day, mystery are being revealed. Daniel says: "Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge." (Daniel 12:4) We have more wisdom, knowledge and understanding then we ever had before".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What verse do you want me to read? How about this verse: "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work." (Genesis 2:1) This does not say that God created man in a day. He said there was a day when He finished His work. According to Bishop Usher (in his book history of the world) that day was 4004 bc or around 6,000 years ago in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve were real people that lived in the Tigris Euphrates river valley. Noah was a real person and his flood was a real flood, just like the ARK was a real boat. There is a very literal aspect to these stores and these people. But a lot of this is symbolic. They call this archetypes or paradigms. Some say: "types". There are people in the Bible that are a "TYPE" of Christ. This is why we need to understand shadows and types in the Bible and what they represent. "These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." (Col2:7) We can use other words: allegory, metaphor, homiletics, symbol, parable, allusion, and so on. We see that there is a deeper meaning. As children we take things at face value. As we get older we search out the deeper meaning and the mysteries of God so that we have better or greater understanding. Paul said: "God gave me to fully proclaim to you the word of God, the mystery that was hidden for ages and generations but is now revealed to His saints" (Col 1:26)

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
What is your point? If you want to believe that the sixth day was a literal 24 hour day that is fine. I have no problem with that. If you want to claim that is ALL God is telling us then you still have a lot to learn about our Bible and God's message for us in our Bible. There is a LOT more to God and the Word of God then a superficial reading would reveal. You need to search out the mysteries and the deep wisdom and knowledge of God. As Paul would say: "Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity" (Hebrews 6:1)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟967,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you have a Biology book? Mankind has been around a LOT longer then 6,000 years.
Did you miss my answer to this question? This comes from Carl Sagan and Neil Degrasse Tyson. They are the host of Cosmos. This is a series on PBS. They talk about how we are made of Star Stuff. Why don't you do a google search because they are much better teachers on this subject then I am. What you will find is: "We're made of star stuff," Sagan famously stated in one episode. His statement sums up the fact that the carbon, nitrogen and oxygen atoms in our bodies, as well as atoms of all other heavy elements, were created in previous generations of stars over 4.5 billion years ago." Also I like talking about the Great Oxygen event: "The Great Oxygenation Event (GOE) was the introduction of free oxygen into our atmosphere. It was caused by cyanobacteria doing photosynthesis. It took a very long time, from about three billion years ago to about one billion years ago." Adam and Eve breathed oxygen. The qustion is when did oxygen based life first begin to appear on planet Earth. The point here is the more we study science the better our understanding of the Bible and what God wants us to know. Red is amazing in the rock formations. Just simply amazing.

Notice these are the key words we use: "Star Stuff" & "Great Oxygenation event". This makes it easy to do a google search to research the latest information on this subject. I first began to study Science (Biology) in High School 50 years ago. I read a book at the time called: "The Double Helix" written by Francis Crick. This was about the discovery of DNA. We have learned a lot about DNA in the last 50 years. Today we read Francis Collins books about the "Language of God". He talks about how DNA is the language God uses to create us. This becomes the foundation of Theistic Evolution. Before we had the fossil record. NOW we can supplement that with our understanding of DNA. We have the J haplogroup. J does not stand for "Jewish" but it could. This is the DNA of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. Notice in the chart we see the J1a and the J1g subclade. This is the time frame we need for Adam and Eve 6,000 years ago. The most famious group is what they call the Cohen gene. Again this is a key word that we can us to do a search to find out what the latest information is about the Cohen family. The also call this the Y-chromosomal Aaron because these are the descendants of Aaron.

The Geneologies are in the Bible, all the way from Adam to Jesus, though David. Because Jesus is descended from David. We are told that the Messiah would be a descendant of David. Just this is a study all by itself. I am trying to be as brief as I can because it is not practical to come on here and write a whole book about this. But I could write a whole book on any aspect of this subject.

YOUR question was to show you that it took 12.990 billion years to create Adam. Results from NASA's Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) released in February 2003 show that the first stars formed when the universe was only about 200 million years old. Observations by WMAP also revealed that the universe is currently about 13. 7 billion years old.

Genesis 2:7, KJV: "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7, NASB: "Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."

Where did the "duct of the ground" that we read about in Genesis 2:7 come from? It came from a star that was first formed 13.7 billion years ago according to NASA. I tend to take NASA serious because if they screw up then people are going to die. They have to get it right. They do to have any room or margin for error. They take their work very serious. I actually have a niece that works for NASA and they are paying for her to get her PhD in chemistry.

I will add one more point. Each Element burns at a different color. So they can use a Spectroscope prism to determine what elements are in a star. Spectroscopes are also called spectrographs. It is in the furnace of a star that God created the elements called "duct of the ground" that He used to make Adam and Eve in the Bible.

317629_abcf6fece40f1d8cb912ff47a1447675.png

The Double Helix
This all lends creedence to the theory or theories that I have been stating all along...

We got our precious, valuable metals, like silver and gold, from "stardust", or they were forged inside other stars (solar systems) elsewhere (long before ours) that went nova or supernova...

That the creation "days" are long ages, or "epochs", epochs being periods of time defined by events, or what was going on and/or happening at the time, and not necessarily "time itself" or they do not have to "equal periods of time", etc...

And the DNA evidence, that Adam and Eve, and the Garden of Eden was in or at a specific "region" in the earth, and the Garden of Eden itself and Adam and Eve were a "special creation" round about, or around 6,000 years ago, or so... "OR SO"...

But that when they were cast out of the Garden, that they and their DNA, starting with Cain and a, or his wife probably, began to mix or intermix with the inferior "others", or "other ones", that had "evolved", and the rest intermixed later on, or in time... Maybe starting shortly after the tower of babel when they were "scattered", (the descendants of Adam intermixing with those "others"), etc... (the Nephlim are mentioned right after the tower of babel and right before the flood "intermixing with the daughters of men", and I find that interesting) (anyway)... (anyway, only Noah and his sons were left after the flood as the only true descendants of Adam left in the earth after the flood, etc)

Anyway, This intermixing with those "others", would account for the gradual decrease in lifespans or longevity or years of life of them (The Sons of Adam), or the "deterioration" of them, by the time we get to Abraham, down from almost a thousand years to just 120 years, etc...

Also, getting back to stars and solar systems and the "entire universe", I think it has to be "much, much older" than only 13.8 billion years old, not all stars and solar systems and galaxies, etc, all each formed "all at or around the same exact time" like the current, both model and number of the "entire universe being only 13.8 billion years old suggests... They were (all) formed at much and many very different times and separately, and many have come and gone as well, and come and gone long before that since then, and the figure of only 13.8 billion years is not long enough to account for that...

Let alone entire galaxies, which were also formed at different times and not all at the same times, and many might have, and probably have and did, come and gone since then, or since the start of the formation of the entire universe, and only 13.8 billion years is not nearly enough time to account for "all of that", etc...

That figure, that number (and model) was established a long time ago, in the 50's I think, when we did not know, nor could see all of what we can see now... we could see just our own galaxy and maybe just a couple or very, very few other galaxies, and/but "now", now we can now see 46.5 billion light years in each and every direction, which we could not even come close to before, when that number was established, etc, and we now know that there are "trillions" of galaxies that we can see now, whereas we could only see a very few or just a couple before, when that number (13.8 billion years old, or "ago") was first established, and those galaxies are all at "different stages and ages", etc, and some have come and gone since then, they are not all at the same age and stage IOW's...

It has to be maybe hundreds of billions of years old, or possibly even trillions of years old, etc, and the "big bang theory", I'm not saying the theory itself is or could be entirely wrong, but the way we have "modeled it" or think of it most certainly is or has to be, etc... We have everything all forming at or around the "same time" and that just "has to be wrong now", etc, cause we can see that is has to be, just be observing what we can observe now, that it, or that, just "has to be wrong", etc...

I posted a few other things about here (below) as well...

can you find God?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does Jewish mysticism have to do with this topic?
God is using the Hasidic Rabbi's to teach the Ancient Hebrew Language we read in our Bible. There are 22 Hebrew letters used in the Bible and each letter is a symbol that has profound meaning. When we understand what the letters in the alphabet represent then we can better understand the meaning of the words that are written with those letters. Also we understand the meaning or definition of a word by the context. Often God will give us a word then He will explain the meaning of that word. We see: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth". We can understand the meaning of the word beginning when we look at the context and how this word is used.

317630_afbabbdfd071c5d47aac70236835caca.jpg

Attachments

• WP1.jpg
    WP1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
they do not have to "equal periods of time", etc...
According to Schroeder each day was half the length of the day before. The six 24 hour days of Genesis Chapter One results in an age of the universe from our perspective of 14 billion years [14, 000,000,000 years]. From the Bible’s perspective of time for those six evocative days of Genesis, the number of our years held compressed within each of those six 24 hour days of Genesis, starting with Day One, would be, in billions of years, respectively, 7.1; 3.6; 1.8; 0.89; 0.45; 0.23"

Gerald Schroeder - Articles - Age of the Universe

they have no other alternative explanation
My wife says to do your best and trust God for the rest. All we can do is our best with what we have to work with. God will straighten this all out in Heaven. For now we just do the best we can with what we are given to work with. As Paul says: "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known". (1cor13:12)

God spoke with Moses face to face. "He said, “Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, will reveal Myself to him in a vision, I will speak to him in a dream; not so with My servant Moses; he is faithful in all My house. I speak with him face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD". (Numbers 12:6,7,8)

God speaks to us in dreams and visions, but not directly face to face the way He did with Moses.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟967,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This all lends creedence to the theory or theories that I have been stating all along...

We got our precious, valuable metals, like silver and gold, from "stardust", or they were forged inside other stars (solar systems) elsewhere (long before ours) that went nova or supernova...

That the creation "days" are long ages, or "epochs", epochs being periods of time defined by events, or what was going on and/or happening at the time, and not necessarily "time itself" or they do not have to "equal periods of time", etc...

And the DNA evidence, that Adam and Eve, and the Garden of Eden was in or at a specific "region" in the earth, and the Garden of Eden itself and Adam and Eve were a "special creation" round about, or around 6,000 years ago, or so... "OR SO"...

But that when they were cast out of the Garden, that they and their DNA, starting with Cain and a, or his wife probably, began to mix or intermix with the inferior "others", or "other ones", that had "evolved", and the rest intermixed later on, or in time... Maybe starting shortly after the tower of babel when they were "scattered", (the descendants of Adam intermixing with those "others"), etc... (the Nephlim are mentioned right after the tower of babel and right before the flood "intermixing with the daughters of men", and I find that interesting) (anyway)... (anyway, only Noah and his sons were left after the flood as the only true descendants of Adam left in the earth after the flood, etc)

Anyway, This intermixing with those "others", would account for the gradual decrease in lifespans or longevity or years of life of them (The Sons of Adam), or the "deterioration" of them, by the time we get to Abraham, down from almost a thousand years to just 120 years, etc...

Also, getting back to stars and solar systems and the "entire universe", I think it has to be "much, much older" than only 13.8 billion years old, not all stars and solar systems and galaxies, etc, all each formed "all at or around the same exact time" like the current, both model and number of the "entire universe being only 13.8 billion years old suggests... They were (all) formed at much and many very different times and separately, and many have come and gone as well, and come and gone long before that since then, and the figure of only 13.8 billion years is not long enough to account for that...

Let alone entire galaxies, which were also formed at different times and not all at the same times, and many might have, and probably have and did, come and gone since then, or since the start of the formation of the entire universe, and only 13.8 billion years is not nearly enough time to account for "all of that", etc...

That figure, that number (and model) was established a long time ago, in the 50's I think, when we did not know, nor could see all of what we can see now... we could see just our own galaxy and maybe just a couple or very, very few other galaxies, and/but "now", now we can now see 46.5 billion light years in each and every direction, which we could not even come close to before, when that number was established, etc, and we now know that there are "trillions" of galaxies that we can see now, whereas we could only see a very few or just a couple before, when that number (13.8 billion years old, or "ago") was first established, and those galaxies are all at "different stages and ages", etc, and some have come and gone since then, they are not all at the same age and stage IOW's...

It has to be maybe hundreds of billions of years old, or possibly even trillions of years old, etc, and the "big bang theory", I'm not saying the theory itself is or could be entirely wrong, but the way we have "modeled it" or think of it most certainly is or has to be, etc... We have everything all forming at or around the "same time" and that just "has to be wrong now", etc, cause we can see that is has to be, just be observing what we can observe now, that it, or that, just "has to be wrong", etc...

I posted a few other things about here (below) as well...

can you find God?

God Bless!
I got the tower of babel wrong, sorry, that occurred after the flood, etc...

But after, or right before the flood of Noah, Noah and his sons were the only true descendants of Adam left, and their lifespans after that got significantly shorter, after that, due to interbreeding or intermixing with these "others" I think...

But the Nephlim, I wonder if they were the like the Sons of Adam staring to intermix with this "other race" maybe, etc...?

Sorry for my mistake...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟967,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
According to Schroeder each day was half the length of the day before. The six 24 hour days of Genesis Chapter One results in an age of the universe from our perspective of 14 billion years [14, 000,000,000 years]. From the Bible’s perspective of time for those six evocative days of Genesis, the number of our years held compressed within each of those six 24 hour days of Genesis, starting with Day One, would be, in billions of years, respectively, 7.1; 3.6; 1.8; 0.89; 0.45; 0.23"

Gerald Schroeder - Articles - Age of the Universe

"Time" is "relative", and possibly an "illusion"...

Did you look at my link at the bottom of my post...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, getting back to stars and solar systems and the "entire universe", I think it has to be "much, much older" than only 13.8 billion years old
When I call up Uber and I look at the map their GPS is without 2 feet of where I am. I can see where I am in my house on the Uber map. This same math is what they use to determine how fast the universe is expanding. The speed of light is not an absolute but it is close enough to the expansion rate of the universe. We can still see a primitive universe at the beginning because the light of that universe is just not getting here. We can do all of this with the Hubble and rather simple trigonometry.

Seven primitive galaxies at the dawn of time

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What is your point? If you want to believe that the sixth day was a literal 24 hour day that is fine. I have no problem with that. If you want to claim that is ALL God is telling us then you still have a lot to learn about our Bible and God's message for us in our Bible. There is a LOT more to God and the Word of God then a superficial reading would reveal. You need to search out the mysteries and the deep wisdom and knowledge of God. As Paul would say: "Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity" (Hebrews 6:1)

I am not talking about any other "spiritual" applications of creation---I am stating that God says He created Adam and Eve on day 6---period. Not day 8-- there is no day 8.

God spoke with Moses face to face. "He said, “Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, will reveal Myself to him in a vision, I will speak to him in a dream; not so with My servant Moses; he is faithful in all My house. I speak with him face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD". (Numbers 12:6,7,8)

No, He did not! And Jesus says so. That was Jesus that spoke to Mosses. That was Jesus at creation for He created everything.
Joh_5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

It was Jesus that showed Moses His back parts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got the tower of babel wrong, sorry, that occurred after the flood, etc...
The foundation is still there. God said they would never rebuild that tower or the city. Sadan Hussein tried, but he failed in his attempt. It is very interesting to try to figure out just what God did to confuse the language at the time. The English language today is actually very close to the Ancient Hebrew language.

317631_457b93bbcf36949593f36c02ef0b3930.jpg

Attachments

• Chogha_Zanbil_site.jpg
    Chogha_Zanbil_site.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟967,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
When I call up Uber and I look at the map their GPS is without 2 feet of where I am. I can see where I am in my house on the Uber map. This same math is what they use to determine how fast the universe is expanding. The speed of light is not an absolute but it is close enough to the expansion rate of the universe. We can still see a primitive universe at the beginning because the light of that universe is just not getting here. We can do all of this with the Hubble and rather simple trigonometry.

Seven primitive galaxies at the dawn of time
Ok, how about this simple logic, if we can see a thing 46.5 billion light years away, (but there is still stuff way beyond even that, that we can't see, etc), (cause it is moving away from us at faster than the speed of light, etc)... anyway, if we can see things "46.5 billion light years away", and therefore have no choice but to see it "46.5 billion years ago", or old, how can the entire universe, (which goes way beyond that limit or limitation of ours) anyway, how can the entire universe be "only 13.8 billion years old", if we are seeing something as being "46.5 billion years old" (that which is that far away, etc)...?

And I can propose "many many more logic problems" with our current models and theories that we developed back in the fifties and sixties, due to what we know "now", and can see "now", etc... many, many more simple logic problems, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am stating that God says He created Adam and Eve on day 6---period. Not day 8-- there is no day 8.
Adam and Eve were real, literal people that lived in a real Garden of Eden on on October 23 4004 BC at 9:00 A.M . From your perspective when was the 7th day that God rested? Do you think that the 7th day was October 24 4004 BC? Did God create Adam and Eve fully formed at what age were they when He created them? Was it after they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that they began to age and die?

So you are saying that the creation week was October 18, 19, 20, 21, 22? What about Science and what they tell us about how the earth was created and the beginning of the earth was billions of years ago?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how can the entire universe be "only 13.8 billion years old"
That is what the PhD's tell us. They are the experts on that stuff. I do not see any contradiction with the Bible in this regards.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0