Gay theology (i.e. Mel White, Soulforce) why even try?

W

WhatThe

GLBT. That would be "Gay" meaning male homosexual. "Lesbian" meaning female homosexual. "Bi" meaning sex with both/either a man or a woman. "Transexual," meaning the person thinks they are the opposite sex.

Gay meaning a man who is attracted to other men. Lesbian meaning a woman who is attracted to other women. Bi meaning a person who is attracted to both genders. Transexual meaning a person who feels as though they do not match the gender that they were born.
So how is this overly sexual? I still don't see a connection. If "GLBT" is too sexual for me to say, then i guess i can't say 'heterosexual' or 'straight' either.

Now, other than the "T" in the GLBT, you have people labeling themselves for the sex they desire and/or engage in. The "T" people, at least they know how things are supposed to work, they just have the wong body parts "according to" their minds.

That is not correct. A person who is transexual feels that their body does not match them. This has nothing to do with the sex that they are attracted to. A man who percieves himself to be a woman can still be heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual.

It is gay theology to see a homosexual relationship where none is. That is there problem not mine. And according to the scriptures gay theology uses, they have a problem.

And the same can be said for the people who use scriptures against homosexuality.

"Gay," is a neologism that has no bearing on the Biblical process of what is right and what is wrong behavior for a believer. You are wrong about the acceptance of homosexuals in Christian Churches being based on the concept of brotherly love. It is based on the concept that gays and lesbians are pushing their way into and onto the Church and Christians are tolerating that. Their beliefs are based on liberal/progressive ideology and have no basis in the Biblical.

As you are not a member of any of these churches, i doubt that you would know anything about them.
I have personally come across several curches who state that they welcome al people, including homosexuals. In fact, here is a link to several THOUSAND of them: http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Church/find_a_church.htm
Do you really think they they would advertise themselves as being welcoming of homosexuals if they were only doing it because they had to?

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to you, EVERYTHING is sexual. I do not see how anything i wrote was sexual. If you read a story about two people loving each other and somehow find that to be erotic and/or sexual, then that's your problem, not mine.

GBLT is exclusively a sexual denotation. Like nothing the world has ever seen in its scope. Except, for pagan religion.

The reality is this, Polycarp_fan: There are gay people in this world. There are people of your faith who accept, support, and affirm homosexual lifestyles due to their beliefs and ethics. Their beliefs and ethics that are based on the simple concept of Love Thy Brother.

There are false teachers and false believers throughout the history of the Church. Starting with Judas. Jesus and the Apostles were more than clear about these people within the Church and what they would do.

From the start of the NT to the end of it:

"To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: The One who holds the seven stars in His right hand, the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands, says this:

I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false;
and you have perseverance and have endured for My name's sake, and have not grown weary.

'But I have this against you, that you have left your first love.

'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place--unless you repent.

'Yet this you do have, that you hate the deeds of the *Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches

///

*According to the NIV Study Bible the Nicolaitans were: "A heretical sect within the church that had worked out a compromise with the pagan society.

They apparently taught that spiritual liberty gave them sufficient leeway to practice idolatry and immorality.

Tradition identifies them with Nicolas, the proselyte of Antioch who was one of the first seven deacons in the Jerusalem church (Acts 6:5), thought the evidence is merely circumstantial. A similar group at Pergamum held the teaching of Balaam (vv.14-15) and some at Thyatira were followers of the woman Jezebel (v.20). From their heretical tendencies it would appear that all three groups were Nicolaitans."

http://209.239.56.130/theopenheart/askoldtimer/nicolaitans.htm

///

Gay theology is heretical. It is far more based on Humanism than it is on scripture.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope you realize that the vast majority of transvestites are heterosexual?

Oh really. Still, that would be inappropriate in Christian Churches.

So perhaps we need to show transvestites and dominatrixes with their male "slaves" to give people a rounded view of heterosexuals?

Didn't you just contradict yourself? What would heterosexual transvestites be doing with male slaves? And dominatrixes are in the sexuality category are they not?

dominatrix d
obreve.gif
m
lprime.gif
schwa.gif
-n
amacr.gif
prime.gif
tr
ibreve.gif
ks)
n. pl. dom·i·na·trix·es or dom·i·na·tri·ces (-n
amacr.gif
prime.gif
tr
ibreve.gif
-s
emacr.gif
z
lprime.gif
, -n
schwa.gif
-tr
imacr.gif
prime.gif
s
emacr.gif
z) - a dominating woman (especially one who plays that role in a sadomasochistic sexual relationship)

Or do you want this stuff also taught in Sunday school to the kids along with how to use a condom for ____ ___?

Interesting this gay theology. How much like paganism it is.

Now, how about the OP? Got some sage-like advice for that?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just a bit of balance would be honest. Like a couple of drag queens or leather boys, maybe a couple of crew cut you-know-who's. We seem to always get the stock photos of the old uncle looking couple.

In keeping with the OP, tell me something, "if" this couple were to hold a Biblical view of things (hypothetical I know), how does the "child" of a same-gender couple honor their father and mother?

"Honour your parents" There. Happy now?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh really. Still, that would be inappropriate in Christian Churches.

Didn't you just contradict yourself? What would heterosexual transvestites be doing with male slaves? And dominatrixes are in the sexuality category are they not?

dominatrix d
obreve.gif
m
lprime.gif
schwa.gif
-n
amacr.gif
prime.gif
tr
ibreve.gif
ks)
n. pl. dom·i·na·trix·es or dom·i·na·tri·ces (-n
amacr.gif
prime.gif
tr
ibreve.gif
-s
emacr.gif
z
lprime.gif
, -n
schwa.gif
-tr
imacr.gif
prime.gif
s
emacr.gif
z) - a dominating woman (especially one who plays that role in a sadomasochistic sexual relationship)

Or do you want this stuff also taught in Sunday school to the kids along with how to use a condom for ____ ___?

Interesting this gay theology. How much like paganism it is.

Now, how about the OP? Got some sage-like advice for that?
Intentional misreading for the win... he isn't talking about heterosexual transvestites with male slaves (alpthough transvestites CAN be female) he says "heterosexual transvestites AND dominatrixes with their male slaves" thats a list of two seperate groups.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Honour your parents" There. Happy now?

Annnnndddddd . . .

. . . what gender are the parents in that commandment? Annddd, since one is a "mother," and one is a "father" anndddd the commandment is speaking to a "person," you can't neologism your way out of reality here.

You also have "don't covet" as well. GLBT's sure are coveting "marriage."

And I'm ONLY talking about the Hebrew/Israelite/Christian concept. The Ten Commandments are not for non-believers and/or anti-Christians.

I do not care what pagans do. They can do what they wilteth. I only wish they harmed none though.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Intentional misreading for the win... he isn't talking about heterosexual transvestites with male slaves (alpthough transvestites CAN be female) he says "heterosexual transvestites AND dominatrixes with their male slaves" thats a list of two seperate groups.

More gay theology versus reality:

Deuteronomy 22:5
A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens

A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

Most people don't have a problem with women wearing trousers.

And yet put a man in a skirt or a dress and people freak out.

:confused:

It's just clothes.

(Oh, and transvestisism has nowt to do with being gay.)

David.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
GLBT. That would be "Gay" meaning male homosexual. "Lesbian" meaning female homosexual. "Bi" meaning sex with both/either a man or a woman. "Transexual," meaning the person thinks they are the opposite sex.

Now, other than the "T" in the GLBT, you have people labeling themselves for the sex they desire and/or engage in.

You keep pushing this lie that the "LGB" is about what sex people engage in. It's not. It's about what gender people are likely to be attracted to. And it's also not about a desire for sex, any more than heterosexuality is. Sure, many people find that one way they can express their love for the person they're in love with is through physical intimacy (that may include sexual intercourse), but it's not sex that they desire.

David.

Upvote 0

Archer93

Nov 20, 2007
✟17,101.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Just a bit of balance would be honest. Like a couple of drag queens or leather boys, maybe a couple of crew cut you-know-who's. We seem to always get the stock photos of the old uncle looking couple.

In keeping with the OP, tell me something, "if" this couple were to hold a Biblical view of things (hypothetical I know), how does the "child" of a same-gender couple honor their father and mother?

What on earth does someone's clothing preferences have to do with anything? Drag queen, leather boy, twinkie, clone, bear; these have nothing to do with someone's ability to fall in love and wish to commit to their beloved.
And as for 'stock photos of the old uncle looking couple'- I see your 'uncle' and raise you a 'grandfather' image-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4497416.stm
Those two had been together for 39 years as of the date of the article- which rather puts the lie to the idea that same-sex couples do not commit in the long term. Although, their relationship having lasted that long, and having coped with varying degrees of opposition, I should think that by now they would consider the rumours of old men to be not worth a single penny to them.

As for children of same sex couples not being able to 'honour their father and their mother'- what's your point? That they don't have a mother (or father) around to honour?
Well, my father died when I was 14, which meant from that point I was a bit stymied when it came to honouring him. Only I wasn't, because I could still, and did, honour the memory of him.
In the same way, should a child's father die before they are born, they can still honour the memory passed down by their mother. And an adopted child can honour the thought of the woman who gave birth to them and, realising that she couldn't give the child a decent life herself, offered them for adoption.

Is the ability to honour someone a finite capacity in your book, Polycarp_fan? Should one only honour one's biological parents, even if they are, for whatever reason, not around, at the expense of one's adoptive parents, be they gay or straight?
If you say 'yes', then at least you are consistant if impractical; if you say 'no' then you demonstrate a double standard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Um...
a. New Covenant trumps Deuteronomy
b. What's this got to do with anything? Cite what scripture you like, it does not change the FACT that female cross dressers exist, which is nothing to do with theology, gay or otherwise
c. Nice dodge, but it doesn't change the fact that you deliberately misinterpreted the previous post so you could call self contradiction where non existed.
d. Transvestites are not exclusive to any sexual orientation, there are hetero, homo, and bi-sexual transvestites.

But I understand its much easier to hate a sterotype than anything you have actual real information about

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Annnnndddddd . . .

. . . what gender are the parents in that commandment? Annddd, since one is a "mother," and one is a "father" anndddd the commandment is speaking to a "person," you can't neologism your way out of reality here.

You also have "don't covet" as well. GLBT's sure are coveting "marriage."

And I'm ONLY talking about the Hebrew/Israelite/Christian concept. The Ten Commandments are not for non-believers and/or anti-Christians.

I do not care what pagans do. They can do what they wilteth. I only wish they harmed none though.

How does consentual adult homosexuality harm anyone?

Upvote 0

Archer93

Nov 20, 2007
✟17,101.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
How does consentual adult homosexuality harm anyone?

I'm not holding my breath for an answer to this one. Particularly since he introduced the idea of 'harm' by mashing together a (mangled) version of the Thelemic phrase with part of the Wiccan Rede, indicating he doesn't even know his source texts.

Polycarp_fan, if you really don't care what pagans do or think, don't try to use their maxims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not holding my breath for an answer to this one. Particularly since he introduced the idea of 'harm' by mashing together a (mangled) version of the Thelemic phrase with part of the Wiccan Rede, indicating he doesn't even know his source texts.

Polycarp_fan, if you really don't care what pagans do or think, don't try to use their maxims.

Linkage, plz. With his talk of agape, I think some thelema is in order.

Love is the law, love under will
sidhe

Upvote 0

FlamingFemme

The Flaming One
May 2, 2008
USA
✟12,903.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Something tells me PF would never watch an Eddie Izzard standup routine, even though it would probably do him some good.
Heck, I think everyone should watch at least one Eddie Izzard standup routine!!!

"Thank you for flying Church of England - Cake or Death?"

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Heck, I think everyone should watch at least one Eddie Izzard standup routine!!!

"Thank you for flying Church of England - Cake or Death?"

Agreed!

When I am emperor, it will be law.

Upvote 0