Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No, it's not, because it isn't within marriage.
So you decide to call it differently. But even with a different name, it's still the same... a loving relationship between two people who are special to each other, and sex brings them closer together and makes their relationship more intimate. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: bluegill_04
Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟405,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
^ We Christians have a duty to show you our side as well. We cannot stand by and let gays get legal recognition for their "relationships". It's something we just can't do.

No incest occurred in the Garden of Edin [sic].

So when God said to go populate the world, just who were Adam & Eve's kids supposed to mate with ?

After all While in The Garden Before they were kicked out they were given the task of Multiplying & replenishing the earth.

Genesis 1:28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟405,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because it goes against our religion and our conscience to do otherwise. Would you stand by whilst courts systematically made muder or pedophilia legal?

So Does Re-Marriage & Divorce outside of Adultery.
Are you working on outlawing that ?

Also worshiping other gods is Illegal according to the Bible, have you worked on passing laws against that, No ??? Why not ???

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
...which is sinful because you're not married to this girl and you never will be.

Unless your
A) God
B) A member of the goverment of the UK who permit same-sex unions who has suddenly and magically removed the law approving them

Then your not qualified to make that statement. Sorry. Ive made a commitment before God to my partner and as far as im concerned we are married.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Because it goes against our religion and our conscience to do otherwise. Would you stand by whilst courts systematically made muder or pedophilia legal?
I suppose you want to outlaw other religions too (which includes other kinds of Christianity that disagree with yours), since they go against your religion in the same way as homosexuality does. :angel:

Upvote 0

imissedu

God's baby girl
Nov 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
✟15,304.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Homosexuality is wrong. It's in the bible as clear as day. We are called to repent of our sins in order to accept Jesus and to get into heaven but how can you get into heaven when you refuse to repent of that lifestyle.

I've heard the argument that you were "born" that way. Well honies we were ALL born into sin and the sin I was born into was sending me to hell right along with you. I have to repent and turn away from my sins in order to make it to heaven and so do you!

We aren't born perfect and then deteriorate. Have you all looked a baby lately. They are selfish, impatient, easily angered little people! I love babies believe me I have one! But we are born missing the fruits of the spirit!

It's ingrained in us to lie, cheat and steal to get what we want. Now those are DIFFICULT anti-qualities to repent and turn from if one or all of those happened to be your particular affliction before getting saved. You can say that's different but it's not.

Think about it!

This sin of homosexuality is not "more difficult" to correct than other sins.

• Haha
Upvote 0

imissedu

God's baby girl
Nov 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
✟15,304.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In your personal opinion. :)

Actually, it's not my opinion.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

Now let me clarify.

It is possible for a Christian to struggle with homosexual temptations.

Whether or not these desires and temptations exist does not determine whether a person is a Christian.

What differentiates a Christian’s life from a non-Christian’s life is the struggle against sin. A true Christian will always repent, will always eventually return to God, and will always resume the struggle against sin. But the Bible gives no support for the idea that a person who perpetually and unrepentantly engages in sin can indeed be a Christian.

Clarifying futher, if the phrase homosexual christian refers to a person who struggles against homosexual desires and temptations – yes, a gay Christian is possible. However, the description is not accurate for such a person, since he/she does not desire to be gay, and is struggling against the temptations.

This person would be a struggling Christian, just as there are Christians who struggle with fornication, lying, and stealing. However, if homosexual christian refers to a person who actively, perpetually, and unrepentantly lives a homosexual lifestyle – no, it is not possible for such a person to truly be a Christian.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟405,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, it's not my opinion.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

Now let me clarify.

It is possible for a Christian to struggle with homosexual temptations.

Whether or not these desires and temptations exist does not determine whether a person is a Christian.

What differentiates a Christian’s life from a non-Christian’s life is the struggle against sin. A true Christian will always repent, will always eventually return to God, and will always resume the struggle against sin. But the Bible gives no support for the idea that a person who perpetually and unrepentantly engages in sin can indeed be a Christian.

Clarifying futher, if the phrase homosexual christian refers to a person who struggles against homosexual desires and temptations – yes, a gay Christian is possible. However, the description is not accurate for such a person, since he/she does not desire to be gay, and is struggling against the temptations.

This person would not be a struggling Christian, just as there are Christians who struggle with fornication, lying, and stealing. However, if homosexual christian refers to a person who actively, perpetually, and unrepentantly lives a homosexual lifestyle – no, it is not possible for such a person to truly be a Christian.

Well given that verse I might as well go out and sin away, because I'm out, as I fall under the "Biblical" definition of adulterers.

But no one will answer why "Christians (tm)" won't outlaw worshiping other gods. :sigh:

Upvote 0
C

catlover

Because marriage is between one man and one woman. Is she married to a man? God, in his word, mentioned many, many things. Look through the Leviticus laws, and when he comes to things like sex and murder, He mentions what to do in many possible situations. You'd think, with this much detail, at least once in the Bible He would mention marriage between two men or two women? Once? Just once? Come back to me when you find any such passage. I don't think you'll ever find it.

Oh and by the way, I think the Bible is the innerant word of God. You can't be actively gay and believe the Bible is the word of God.

Actually if we really wanted to be Biblical polygamy would be legal---

Upvote 0

imissedu

God's baby girl
Nov 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
✟15,304.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well given that verse I might as well go out and sin away, because I'm out, as I fall under the "Biblical" definition of adulterers.

But no one will answer why "Christians (tm)" won't outlaw worshiping other gods. :sigh:

Why do you consider yourself to be an adulterer? I don't know the answer to the last question. I don't agree with idolatry. Some of us just praise God and don't make the rules so how could we answer that question?

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟595,254.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
You are using an English translation of the Greek text wherein Greek words are translated AS homosexual. A word which did not exist until the 1870s. The points you raise are arguable and certainly they are not as clear as you are trying to make them out to be.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟405,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you consider yourself to be an adulterer?

My wife had a divorce that wasn't for a Biblical Legal reason, so by sleeping with her I'm both committing fornication (as it's not a Biblical marriage ), and adultery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This person would be a struggling Christian, just as there are Christians who struggle with fornication, lying, and stealing. However, if homosexual christian refers to a person who actively, perpetually, and unrepentantly lives a homosexual lifestyle – no, it is not possible for such a person to truly be a Christian.
It is possible, because different Christians may understand the Bible differently. :) And what you quoted isn't one of Christ's teachings, so it's still possible to follow Christ and disagree with it.

Upvote 0

imissedu

God's baby girl
Nov 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
✟15,304.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are using an English translation of the Greek text wherein Greek words are translated AS homosexual. A word which did not exist until the 1870s. The points you raise are arguable and certainly they are not as clear as you are trying to make them out to be.

You know the word homosexual doesn't even appear in the most standard version so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Romans 1:

24Therefore (A)God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be (B)dishonored among them.

25For they exchanged the truth of God for a (C)lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, (D)who is blessed forever. Amen.

26For this reason (E)God gave them over to (F)degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, (G)men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

This is a description of what was done and not just some miscommunication over a word.

Also,

Leviticus 18:22

Listen to this passage

22'(A)You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

and

Leviticus 20:13

13'(A)If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

Nowhere does it say God said thalt not should be a homosexual...there is actually given a description of the act God was unhappy with and perhaps a description was given because the word homosexual was not invented yet.

Your argument doesn't make sense to me.

Upvote 0

Morrigu

Apr 12, 2008
Where am I? at 22, and seeking a goal for my life
✟15,358.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Leviticus 18:22

You did not just quoted the most abused verse of that book.

Tell me, when was the las t time you eat shrimp?
That you wore an outfit that mixed fabrics?
That you stoned your children for disobeing?
Do you wear glasses? you know that if have bad sight you can't aproach holly images do you?
Do you plant 2 different seeds with your crop? you know that is WRONG acording to the bible?
Can i buy your daughter as a slave?

Too easy.

Picking just the verses that are convenient to you and forgeting about the rest is a great hipocresy.

As far as i know there are 6 verses, that condemn homosexual sex, in the context of an era where male holy prostitution was still common in temples...

I am not saying that the book is wrong, im just saying it's not possible to make a literal reading of it without contradicting the entire era where you live, without becoming little more than a mad man in the eyes of others, would you follow whole of leviticus? will you try?
If you do, i will visit you in prison and then maybe i will listen to you.

Sure, there are beautiful allegories in the bible, jesus and all that stuff.... but

Keep your book out of my pants!!!

Upvote 0

imissedu

God's baby girl
Nov 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
✟15,304.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You did not just quoted the most abused verse of that book.

Tell me, when was the las t time you eat shrimp?
That you wore an outfit that mixed fabrics?
That you stoned your children for disobeing?
Do you wear glasses? you know that if have bad sight you can't aproach holly images do you?
Do you plant 2 different seeds with your crop? you know that is WRONG acording to the bible?
Can i buy your daughter as a slave?

Too easy.

Picking just the verses that are convenient to you and forgeting about the rest is a hugh hipocresy.

As far as i know there are 6 verses, that condemn homosexual sex, in the context of an era where male holy prostitution was still common in temples...

I am not saying that the book is wrong, im just saying it's not possible to make a literal reading of it without contradicting the entire era where you live, without becoming little more than a mad man in the eyes of others, would you follow whole of leviticus? will you try?
If you do, i will visit you in prison and then maybe i will listen to you.

Sure, there are beautiful allegories in the bible, jesus and all that stuff.... but

Keep your book out ofmy pants!!!

I agree with you which is why I quoted scripture other than that found in Leviticus. The same is repeated in the New Testament unlike eating shrimp and the like. Believe me I am no where near your pants. :doh:

Upvote 0