Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh you will, trust me you will, if you haven't already. Just remember that pride comes before a fall....

Pride needs a defense, and I'm not defending anything. So can you clarify that post that implies I should not want God's best in my life?

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
How does a gay person lead me to Christ?

Who is being malicious? I don't see the fruit. Show it to me.

Why does anyone need to show you anything. You do not come as a man of peace or a friend. You come to judge. You might not see the fruit because you have blinders on. maybe the beam in your eye obstructs your vision.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
STOP. Please.

We've gotten to the point where the subject is no longer important and we're all at each others throats trying to trip each other up. If we're not doing that we're competing as to who is more holy. This is obviously not helping us or the subject in any way. I suggest we just drop this thread completely.
Good idea. Good bye everyone. See ya around on different threads.

Especially since no one seems to be responding to my posts anymore.

Upvote 0

MrsJoy

In love with my wonderful husband
Jan 17, 2007
✟17,390.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Oh you will, trust me you will, if you haven't already. Just remember that pride comes before a fall....
actually, the scripture says that pride comes before destruction and a haughty look before a fall;)
not that it's a huge difference.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

Ok...um...we need to stop saying that this thread is bashing gays. If we made a thread about the evils of drunkardness, no one would accuse us of "bashing" those people who are more susceptible to drinking problems. We're not bashing gays, we're debating whether or not their homosexual practices are sinful or not.

No, this thread is about gays not having the fruit of the spirit.

Upvote 0
W

WalkingforHim

we're debating whether or not their homosexual practices are sinful or not.

Debating homosexuality is one thing.

Starting a thread saying that all homosexual lack the fruits of the holy spirit is bashing, and is a sign of deepseated hatred in the heart of the OPer.

Pride needs a defense, and I'm not defending anything.

You're defending yourself and your pride.

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why does anyone need to show you anything. You do not come as a man of peace or a friend. You come to judge. You might not see the fruit because you have blinders on. maybe the beam in your eye obstructs your vision.

I'm looking at Jesus. I guess that makes you feel uncomfortable.

In the bible, does Jesus command me to be gay?

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Thus the wisdom of my earlier posted definition has come to pass, yet no one listened:

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Debating homosexuality is one thing.

Starting a thread saying that all homosexual lack the fruits of the holy spirit is bashing, and is a sign of deepseated hatred in the heart of the OPer.

You're defending yourself and your pride.

Actually, I believe you are defending your own lifestyle. I don't hear you or any other gay person proclaiming Jesus. As I said before -- I'm not seeing fruit. Fruit of the spirit leads me and others to Christ.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm looking at Jesus. I guess that makes you feel uncomfortable.

In the bible, does Jesus command me to be gay?
No, but He doesn't command you to be straight either.

Homosexuals fall into about 1% of the population.

You weren't special enough... :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thus the wisdom of my earlier posted definition has come to pass, yet no one listened:

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others

Well you were asked a simple question -- to show a gay person with the fruits of the spirit and after 200 something posts it hasn't happened.

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, but He doesn't command you to be straight either.

Homosexuals fall into about 1% of the population.

You weren't special enough... :D

Well he does have something to say about marriage and divorce. I have obeyed thus far.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually, I believe you are defending your own lifestyle. I don't hear you or any other gay person proclaiming Jesus. As I said before -- I'm not seeing fruit. Fruit of the spirit leads me and others to Christ.
28 Protestant Christian denominations proclaim Jesus and condone homosexuality. So yes, I guess you don't know that is possible to be gay AND Christian.

See gaychristian.net -- and there are plenty of other Scripture interpretations.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well he does have something to say about marriage and divorce. I have obeyed thus far.
K, if you are so fruitful, what do you have to prove to others? would Jesus want you to "flaunt" your fruitfulness?

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
28 Protestant Christian denominations proclaim Jesus and condone homosexuality. So yes, I guess you don't know that is possible to be gay AND Christian.

See gaychristian.net -- and there are plenty of other Scripture interpretations.

I'm not looking at other people. Other people don't save me. I'm looking at Jesus. Jesus saves me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
K, if you are so fruitful, what do you have to prove to others? would Jesus want you to "flaunt" your fruitfulness?

My show is to an audience of one: Jesus.

What you or someone else thinks about me doesn't help me enter heaven.

I don't get to heaven "by comparison" to someone else.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not looking at other people. Other people don't save me. I'm looking at Jesus. Jesus saves me.
So am I, and by you telling me I am not fruitful, that isn't saying much about your own fruitfulness...

As my Worship Leader just said to me today, that I am very sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in Worship. People like you confirm why I have been set free from false doctrine, thank you for confirming once again.

Upvote 0

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So am I, and by you telling me I am not fruitful, that isn't saying much about your own fruitfulness...

As my Worship Leader just said to me today, that I am very sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in Worship. People like you confirm why I have been set free from false doctrine, thank you for confirming once again.

The Holy Spirit Leads in our worship service as well. We had 400 people there today. I do not claim my musicianship as a fruit of the spirit. Fruits of the spirit are on the inside. Perhaps a reading of Ephesians....

The Holy Spirit is not the author of division, so I must choose a side. I chose what God wants for me.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And this attitude leads people to Christ?

The Holy Spirit Leads in our worship service as well. We had 400 people there today. I do not claim my musicianship as a fruit of the spirit. Fruits of the spirit are on the inside.
What attitude?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.