Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@lollykh said, "Why do you say some of the festivals have been fulfilled and some haven't?"

Hi again! The appointed times (moedim) are forever events that we are bound by covenant to keep as a 'remembrance'; not just of what was, but what is to come! It is Adonai that fulfills them. You asked about the last three that were not marked as fulfilled? Here is the short version.
  1. Yom Teruah or the 'Day of Shouting' or the 'Day of Trumpets' - This is the traditional day of the Coronation of the King of Israel. It is presumed that Messiah Yeshua will take the throne after returning with a great number of His Saints to destroy the armies that have assembled against the land and people of Israel.
  2. Yom Kippur is the day when Adonai judges the sins of the nation of Israel (<- the very short version). Since Messiah will come, not just as King, but as High Priest (Cohen Gadol) it is expected that He will judge Israel at that time.
  3. Sukkot or the Feast of Tabernacles (Booths, etc.) is a joyous gathering of Israel where, for seven days, they take their meals and sleep in temporary shelters that afford a view of the stars. It is a time of remembrance of when they tabernacled in the wilderness with Adonai. This will be fulfilled also at His soon coming!
Suggested reading: Wikipedia: Alfred Edersheim

Alfred Edersheim’s work “The Temple: Its Ministry and Services” LINK to GOODREADS ($0.99 Download) provides a historical examination of the first century Temple at Jerusalem. Edersheim’s descriptions of the Temple are beautiful and lush, giving readers a vivid understanding of the Temple’s architecture and its significance in Jewish and Christian traditions.

The book explores the Temple’s ministry, personnel, and services, including the daily sacrifices, the High Priesthood, and the role of the Levites. Edersheim’s discussion is enhanced by citations from Scripture, rabbinic sources, and the works of Philo and Josephus, which clarify difficult passages and illuminate the true, spiritual meaning of the Temple and its services.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I follow truth. I put away politics and religion debate and division. It's how I obey Isaiah 58. It's not about taking days off of work but keeping every day free from greed, lust, judging, contention, and division. In my opinion.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟148,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I follow truth. I put away politics and religion debate and division. It's how I obey Isaiah 58. It's not about taking days off of work but keeping every day free from greed, lust, judging, contention, and division. In my opinion.
A very good philosophy indeed. Just don't forget the Master said, If you love me, keep my commandments.

Upvote 0

Laeomis

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2024
✟5,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Where in the Bible does it say Gentiles need to keep the Biblical feasts?

Cheers
Hi lollykh,

In Matthew 5:18 Jesus Christ says that not one jot or tittle will pass from the law until heaven and earth disappear, until all things are accomplished. This is contradictory to Paul, who in order to advertise to the Gentiles removed legal restrictions but added even more commands to follow Matthew 12:43-45. This verse has been debated by Christians. Some believe all things were accomplished with the crucifixion. Many others believe this doesn't make sense because all of Revelation has not been accomplished, which includes heaven and earth passing away. Even so, there is nobody alive who is absent of transgression Ecclesiastes 7:20.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This verse has been debated by Christians. Some believe all things were accomplished with the crucifixion.
Welcome to CF, Leaomis,

Yahshua settled that debate before that dogma was invented.

(CLV) Lk 24:44
Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

Have you read and agreed to the Statement of Purpose for this Messianic subforum?

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Love fulfills the law.

Indeed it does.

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the very commandment you have heard from the beginning, that you must walk in love.

(CLV) Ps 119:47
For I am reveling in Your instructions Which I love.

(CLV) Ps 119:48
Thus I am lifting my palms unto Your instructions which I love, And I shall indeed meditate ion Your statutes.

(CLV) Ps 119:97
How I love Your law! The entire day it is my meditation.

(CLV) Ps 119:159
See how I love Your precepts; O Yahweh, according to Your benignity revive me.

(CLV) Ps 119:163
I hate what is false, and I will always |abhor it; I love Your law.

(CLV) Ps 119:165
Much peace is for those loving Your law, And there is no stumbling block for them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟69,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I?

As a gentile, I have a deep desire to continue studying the Feast Days.
A couple of years ago I visited a church, a full gospel denomination. After talking with one of the elders, I suppose he was, and sharing my interest in them, he told me my interest was demonic.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
there is nobody alive who is absent of transgression
Do you know everyone who is alive?

I suspect that Zechariah is still alive.

(CLV) Lk 1:5
There came to be, in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zechariah, of the routine of Abiah, and his wife, of the daughters of Aaron, and her name is Elizabeth.

(CLV) Lk 1:6
Now they were both just in front of God, going in all the precepts and just statutes of the Lord, blameless.

How about Noah?

(CLV) Gn 7:1
Then Yahweh Elohim said to Noah: Come, you and all your household, into the ark, for I have seen you righteous before Me in this generation.

I feel confident that Enoch is still alive.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:9
Everyone who is begotten of God is not doing sin, for His seed is remaining in him, and he can not be sinning, for he is begotten of God.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
May I?

As a gentile, I have a deep desire to continue studying the Feast Days.
A couple of years ago I visited a church, a full gospel denomination. After talking with one of the elders, I suppose he was, and sharing my interest in them, he told me my interest was demonic.
I would wipe the dust of that church from my feet.

YHWH calls his people out of the nations (gentiles). He calls his who seek him out to be fellow citizens of Yahsar Al (Israel).

(CLV) Eph 2:11
Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations [gentiles] in flesh—who are termed "Uncircumcision" by those termed "Circumcision," in flesh, made by hands-

Not anymore!

(CLV) Eph 2:12
that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated [gentiles] from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world.

Not anymore!

(CLV) Eph 2:19
Consequently, then, not longer are you guests (Ger Toshav) and sojourners (Ger), but are fellow-citizens of the saints and belong to God's family,

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Love fulfills the law. We see things differently that's all. Peace my friend.
Yes, except when love[ truth ] is mixed with falsehood.

[ " For outside are dogs and sorcerers, and whoremongers and murderers and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."]

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

[ " For outside are dogs and sorcerers, and whoremongers and murderers and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."]
I don't mix lies with truth.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I don't mix lies with truth.
I made no such suggestion.
Just wanted to help temper the conversation.
Love isnt a general term in Hebrew.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I made no such suggestion.
Just wanted to help temper the conversation.
Love isnt a general term in Hebrew.
Love to me is true, holy and Godly. It's what God says is love. God is love.

Upvote 0