Ex-Latin Kings gang member finds new calling as Christian minister: 'Glory to God'

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Andy 'Rebirth' Pellerano desires for America to center its attention on Jesus​

Once a member of the Latin Kings gang, Andy "Rebirth" Pellerano found his salvation after serving a lengthy prison sentence and surviving a near-fatal overdose, leading him to embrace Christianity.

“It was just the wrong influences, listening to the wrong voices, just gravitating to the wrong things and being out there," the Latin Kings gang member–turned–Christian minister told "Jesse Watters Primetime" on Wednesday.

In addition to his ministry, Pellerano is a Christian hip-hop artist who has been nominated twice for the Nola Gospel Award and won the title Nola Gospel Rap Artist of the Year in 2018.

"I was around 14, 15 years old and I let five grown men jump me so I could be their friend, as I like to put it," Pellerano explained. "So what would I have to do to keep that friendship? And it led to a first-degree attempted murder, three counts of aggravated assault, one count of aggravated criminal damage. It was gang-related. I was 16, I made 17. I was charged as an adult."

Continued below.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟145,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Andy 'Rebirth' Pellerano desires for America to center its attention on Jesus​

Once a member of the Latin Kings gang, Andy "Rebirth" Pellerano found his salvation after serving a lengthy prison sentence and surviving a near-fatal overdose, leading him to embrace Christianity.

“It was just the wrong influences, listening to the wrong voices, just gravitating to the wrong things and being out there," the Latin Kings gang member–turned–Christian minister told "Jesse Watters Primetime" on Wednesday.

In addition to his ministry, Pellerano is a Christian hip-hop artist who has been nominated twice for the Nola Gospel Award and won the title Nola Gospel Rap Artist of the Year in 2018.

"I was around 14, 15 years old and I let five grown men jump me so I could be their friend, as I like to put it," Pellerano explained. "So what would I have to do to keep that friendship? And it led to a first-degree attempted murder, three counts of aggravated assault, one count of aggravated criminal damage. It was gang-related. I was 16, I made 17. I was charged as an adult."

Continued below.
Amen to this. It is good that this man turned his life around, and was saved by Jesus. Reminds me of a 2009 song by the Christian band, Fee, where we Christians say "Glory to God".

Fee - Glory to God Forever

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0