Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
As with any complex system of beliefs and practices, there may be disagreements and controversies within the Kabbalistic tradition, and some interpretations or applications may be more or less valid or useful than others. However, it is not accurate to dismiss Kabbalah as merely a mixture of unrelated or superstitious ideas.

When all you see is evil and you do not see the good, then there is something wrong somewhere.

When people here say anything positive about an Eastern religion like Buddhism, they are dismissed as un-Christian. When somebody praises medieval Jewish superstitions, they are given a free pass. Go figure.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I thought "bible schools" were some sort of post-HS education (or at least that's what they claim to be) and wouldn't have a "3rd grade".
We start them at one year of age. Before that, they stay with their parents. If they can sing, if they can march, they are old enough for classes. Then when they graduate from there they go into the sanctuary to learn from the pastor or they can go to the Bible college. I took four teacher training classes so I know quite a bit about it.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When people here say anything positive about an Eastern religion like Buddhism, they are dismissed as un-Christian. When somebody praises medieval Jewish superstitions, they are given a free pass. Go figure.
There are Messianic Christians on this form. So you really may get in trouble for making anti-Semitic comments. They are not as tolerant of abuse as the Christians are. My brother is a Buddhist so I study a bit of that. Enough to be able to have a conversation with him. They believe in Karma which a lot of people believe in.

It is easier to find common ground than to blame and accuse others.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
But I do know enough to know that the Noah's flood story is not compatible with geology or biology.
That is nice to know a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,278,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There are Messianic Christians on this form. So you really may get in trouble for making anti-Semitic comments. They are not as tolerant of abuse as the Christians are. My brother is a Buddhist so I study a bit of that. Enough to be able to have a conversation with him. They believe in Karma which a lot of people believe in.

It is easier to find common ground than to blame and accuse others.

"Messianic Judaism" is manipulative and disrespectful proselytism of Jews into Protestant Christianity, and/or cultural and religious appropriation of Judaica. That's far from "anti-Semitism".

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
"Messianic Judaism" is manipulative and disrespectful proselytism of Jews into Protestant Christianity, and/or cultural and religious appropriation of Judaica. That's far from "anti-Semitism".
When you accuse people you expose yourself. I hope that is what you were wanting to do.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,278,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
When you accuse people you expose yourself. I hope that is what you were wanting to do.

I'm not accusing anyone. "Messianic Judaism" is widely considered fraudulent and deceptive proselytism by many actual Jews.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You answer your own question. I would expect a third grade student to have an appreciation for "ancient literature" and how that applies to us today. Jesus tells us we are to become like a child. Matthew 18:3 “I assure you,” He said, “unless you are converted and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"

When I was a third grade student we studied the Baltimore Catechism on Saturday mornings. If I did read "ancient literature" it would have been from the 1950s or something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟86,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I attended the state university for 3 years and I attended the Bible College for two years. I took four teacher training classes. Mostly I just read and study on my own. Now I am studying Kaballah under the Hasidic Rabbi. Christians received our Bible from them. So they know a lot more about where the Bible comes from than most Christians do. Just like they know more about written language than most educators. A lot of the Bible does not get transmitted because the translators do not have that deep of an understanding. This is why we need to learn the Bible one verse at a time in the original language and translate it ourselves.
It is true.

It is amazing to discover how much in Scripture has been obscured by English translations, and sadly, by poor training of the typical pastor today.

Here is a Christian scholar who did that on a daily basis.
R. B. Thieme, Jr., Bible Ministries | Home

He developed a theological system he called ICE. Isagogics -Categories -Exegesis.
Teaching of books of the Bible was done line upon line.

Here is a break down for the meaning of letter "I" in the word ICE.
https://www.nccg.org/isagogics.pdf

And, if interested? No money will be asked for.
I learned more in one hour of teaching than three years at a Bible college.

grace and peace .......

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟86,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As with any complex system of beliefs and practices, there may be disagreements and controversies within the Kabbalistic tradition, and some interpretations or applications may be more or less valid or useful than others. However, it is not accurate to dismiss Kabbalah as merely a mixture of unrelated or superstitious ideas.

When all you see is evil and you do not see the good, then there is something wrong somewhere.
From what I understand, Kabbalah was an attempt to produce the likes of the almost lost art of true orthodox Christian teaching. But, its a counterfeit because of the likes of the "magic" aspects. Its yeast in the leaven. It will appeal to a certain intellect that sees through the mainstream world of boring Bible teaching. Like I said, its a counterfeit. But, its also exposing its learners to aspects of Scriptural insights that dumbed down congregations never get to hear. It draws some away when it rings with an element of truth that they are being denied where they should be finding it, but do not.

Spiritual warfare functions on various levels ... all designed to reach various kinds of minds that entered into regeneration.

God will provide, and from eternity past had made provision for all believers who are humbled and led of the Spirit. All pseudo sincere believers will find what they like for themselves. For God allows for and uses what are false teachings to sort out believers. Separate those who in eternity are to simply be with Him in heaven in contrast with those who will be rewarded and actively reign with Him.

We are all tested. All the different teachings we have presented before us today are the "broad and wide" selection to choose from.
As Jesus said....out of all the many choices which are misleading, only a few will find the truth that manifests Life.

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction,
and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

Matthew 7:13-15

We are here. Many opinions, often dogmatically, will have their say. Few will be giving truth. And, the others all think they are of the few.

God will not be mocked. Only the true will be granted the honor to reign with Him.
For there will be no incompetence in His Kingdom rulership.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From what I understand, Kabbalah was an attempt to produce the likes of the almost lost art of true orthodox Christian teaching.
What I am talking about is the oral tradition. That is very much a part of the Hebrew Bible today. We have to read the Bible in the original language. A lot of the deeper meaning gets lost in the translation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
only a few will find the truth
I am still optimistic that one third will be saved. Few actually means less than the majority. Many means more than the majority.
Zechariah 13
8 And in all the land, declares the LORD, two-thirds will be cut off and perish, but a third will be left in it. 9 This third I will bring through the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘They are My people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.’”

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟86,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In part... many attribute Noah's flood as to why we find dinosaur bones, etc. They use Noah's flood to explain the fossils we found.

An interesting problem existed before Darwin was born. The Bible scholars back then seeing what the Hebrew contains did not understand what to make of it... concerning what they were finding in Scripture. It was only after science began discovering the prehistoric remains and putting them together, that those early scholars works started to make come into focus.

I believe God allowed for Darwin to do as he had to be as a wake up call to the church to better understand what the Bible had always been telling us, but not uncovered.

Lot of what mainstream Christians accept today have been told to believe what they do, is the result of intense spiritual warfare which keeps fighting to keep down understanding that would make them freed from the tyranny of scientific theory by those who see through the flaws of young earth creationism. Unfortunately, YEC sets up these scientists to be in a position to feel justified in what they sometimes mock about YEC thinking.

Only God honors accurate doctrine, not believers' good intentions alone. Truth trumps sincerity.

Before Darwin was born the hidden prehistoric creation was having light being shined upon it through the study of dedicated Bible scholars. They could not understand what the prehistoric world could be like, and were perplexed about what they could not deny as seen in the Bible.

Here is a book made available online that shows some of that scholarly history of the Bible of what I speak....

Without Form and Void - Chapter 1

grace and peace!

The earth created in Genesis 1:1 was for angels not dinosaurs. Dinosaurs (i believe) came about when the fallen angels went after strange flesh, human and animal. They were destroyed in the flood along with the nephilim and any unbelieving untainted humans.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟86,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The earth created in Genesis 1:1 was for angels not dinosaurs. Dinosaurs (i believe) came about when the fallen angels went after strange flesh, human and animal. They were destroyed in the flood along with the nephilim and any unbelieving untainted humans.
First world was created for the angels dominion... Just as the animals of this creation were designed for Adam's dominion.

When Adam fell? Animals were transformed, as well as plant life.
The power of God to transform animals was highlighted with the serpent when God transformed it from being a creature of great beauty into a frightening, degraded manifestation .... Also, thorns and thistles began popping up. As well as some animals began to eat other animals as prey.

Likewise?... when Satan fell? The animals of that prehistoric angelic kingdom also fell. Transforming animals into having some evil looking creatures.. Flesh eaters like raptors and T-Rex, became representative in their function of Satan and aggressive fallen angels, devouring more peaceful creatures they could prey upon.

Both ours and the prehistoric creations were parallel in principle. Yet, different. Different to suite the ones who God had placed in positions of dominion over their own world.

grace and peace ......................

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
First world was created for the angels dominion... Just as the animals of this creation were designed for Adam's dominion.

When Adam fell? Animals were transformed, as well as plant life.
The power of God to transform animals was highlighted with the serpent when God transformed it from being a creature of great beauty into a frightening, degraded manifestation .... Also, thorns and thistles began popping up. As well as some animals began to eat other animals as prey.

Likewise?... when Satan fell? The animals of that prehistoric angelic kingdom also fell. Transforming animals into having some evil looking creatures.. Flesh eaters like raptors and T-Rex, became representative in their function of Satan and aggressive fallen angels, devouring more peaceful creatures they could prey upon.

Both ours and the prehistoric creations were parallel in principle. Yet, different. Different to suite the ones who God had placed in positions of dominion over their own world.

grace and peace ......................
You have no Biblical evidence that animals existed on the earth of Genesis 1:1

Upvote 0