polsokker1441

Feb 4, 2017
Chicago
✟15,437.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
One of my favorite music artists is a fella named Todd Edwards. He's a devout Christian and isn't ashamed to show his faith through music, even though he's part of a music scene that as far as I know has little to no Christian messages. He makes music you can dance to, he started in the early 90's so he largely has that soul/gospel/funky vibe to his music. A lot of his original works have Christian messages thrown in; sometimes obvious, sometimes subtle. He has a unique style of producing music that involves chopping up vocal lines. So sometimes he takes random lyrics but chops them up together so that they have religious messages. I was just hoping to introduce some people to an artist in a genre that's not at all associated with religion. Electronic music can be fun, and I think having a Christian artist making fun music is awesome.
Here's a link to just a few of his songs, though I'd be happy to recommend many more :)
Though I acknowledge that this sort of music certainly isn't for everyone and that alot of the messages can be pretty subtle.

(Chopped up vocals say, "Jesus loves you")

• Friendly
Reactions: LaSorcia

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I really enjoy electronic music. I did a search for some Christian EM a few years back, but didn't find too much. Thanks for sharing this, I will listen to Todd Edwards when I get the chance.

I really like St Germain. I call it Jazzno, since it's a combo of jazz and techno sounds. :)

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I do recreations of secular music, I try to make it better, and clean it up by making them into purely instrumental pieces, incorporate beauty into them, and see where it leads.

Here's a few examples of my sound co-writing, sound Engineering and remixing work:

Oh Yeah
Massive
Freedom
Stay With Me
Assaulting the Gates of Hell

Upvote 0