• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Don't dispair, YOU have a purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLfiX

Apr 13, 2004
Singapore
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Hi guys, i know many of you out there always wonder why you are on this earth. Why you were put here and then be a disabled boy, girl, man, woman. You may feel life has no meaning, whats the use of living when you are not normal, not able to do things others can. Don't dispair! God has a plan for you.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

You guys, there is a future waiting for us, planned by god himself! see how amazing is that! So don't give up, have faith! God bless! :priest:

ShetlandRose

Loves Dogs!
Jan 18, 2004
Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are soooooooooooooo right! Why God does what He does is a mystery for now. But our lives here on earth are merely a blink in eternity, just a little while. The best is yet to be! Every life has a purpose and an impact on others, and it is important that we realize that.

Upvote 0

eLfiX

Apr 13, 2004
Singapore
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
valoncent said:
How do you know that your illness/disability is not a result of your sin (its consequences) and curses?

How can you confirm that its part of God's plan and that you're living on to fullfill it?:confused:
You know thats a very good question, and althought we can argue about it, i feel that even thought we make mistakes in life, we ourself can turn it back and trust the lord for our future. if its a result of my sin, i repent and recieve forgiveness. if its a curse, ill speak the name of jesus and with jesus which demon won't flee? it comes down to ourself and what we believe in the end, even with faith as small as a musturd seed, we still can move a mountian.

Upvote 0

honeybee2

Dec 12, 2003
✟286.00
Faith
Christian
valoncent said:
How do you know that your illness/disability is not a result of your sin (its consequences) and curses?

How can you confirm that its part of God's plan and that you're living on to fullfill it?:confused:

Please read the book of Job from a living Bible. It changed my life and my confusion about this matter.
When my husband was injured in a tree falling accident resulting in paraplegia two years ago, we both wondered this. We had been christians for 20+years, but we were backsliding. Not going to church, looking at questionable material well, it was sin, you get the picture...
So we figured it must be judgment for our sin, although i thought my husband got the worst of it.
But now we see it as something that God allowed Satan to do. Satan of course, was trying to destroy us and our faith, or what was left of it. But i guess he doesn't understand God's grace. And God knows our hearts, and he will not allow us to be tempted(tested) above what we are able to bear, but with the tempting(testing) will also provide a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it.(I Cor 10:13)
So we know that He loves us, and understands us better than we do. THe decision is up to us, will this cause us to become bitter and haters of God, or will it draw us closer to Him, and cause us to concentrate on Him alone, letting this suffering refine our faith as pure gold? It is our choice, and everyday we have these choices, whether to follow after Him or our own desires.
So now we know that God allowed this. Why? To refine our faith, and show the world around my husband that even through circumstances like that, that he(my husband) will continue to glorify and praise God. It has touched many lives to see his faith.
Please know that God does not punish you for sin. Jesus took all the pain and suffering for our sin. Yes, he does chastise us, but not by crippling you. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Please be encouraged, and know this:
The questioning in your mind about this, does it cause confusion and doubt? Then i'll give you one guess where it comes from...THE FATHER of LIES.
Know that God loves you and will never leave you or forsake you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.