Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hortysir said:
and?
Yer opinion?
Personally, I think it's wrong of them to not try and gather as much Intell as they cood before jetting them off.
But, if allowed to stay, most assuredly their lives wood be in danger.

I agree. I think it was wrong of them as well.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hortysir said:
and re-reading my reply, I appologize if I came across as curt, or short.
GodBless

No it's alright. Please forgive me if I sounded odd or anything. I am exhausted beyond belief. :sigh: God bless you too! :wave:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
santalucia said:
This isn't necessarily news. It's been known a long time that bin Laden's family were flown out by arrangements of none other than Richard Clark.

Hmm, I guess so. Sorry if you didn't like the news. I thought people would be interested. Anyway, I had honestly forgotten about those things.

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bin Ladens are a very large family and Osama has been estranged from them since the late '80s. People made a large outcry about detaining foreigners without cause for 'questioning' since 9/11, I don't see why those same people think it would have been ok to do it in this case.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SoupySayles said:
The Bin Ladens are a very large family and Osama has been estranged from them since the late '80s. People made a large outcry about detaining foreigners without cause for 'questioning' since 9/11, I don't see why those same people think it would have been ok to do it in this case.

I guess it's because there was sufficient reason to be concerned. Of course, one could say the same thing about the other things but I definitely see your point.

Upvote 0

ZACTAK

Contributor
Feb 12, 2005
Missouri
✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am just curious, I read the article and why does it matter when the flights were arranged? Many people were arranging their flights when flights were grounded after the September 11 attacks.

Also, I think it was good that they got them out of the country as soon as possible because they needed to leave for safety of their lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NFSteelers said:
I am just curious, I read the article and why does it matter when the flights were arranged? Many people were arranging their flights when flights were grounded after the September 11 attacks.

Also, I think it was good that they got them out of the country as soon as possible because they needed to leave for safety of their lives.

I see your point but wouldn't there be some kind of worry that the Bin Laden family might be a threat as well? Or are they not considered to be any kind of threat? :confused:

Upvote 0

ZACTAK

Contributor
Feb 12, 2005
Missouri
✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Holly3278 said:
I see your point but wouldn't there be some kind of worry that the Bin Laden family might be a threat as well? Or are they not considered to be any kind of threat? :confused:

They broke off ties with Osama bin Laden in the 1980's when he started talking about his hatred for America and creating a terrorist network and all that good stuff.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Saudis' chartered flights -- arranged in the days after the September 11, 2001 terror attacks when most aircraft were still grounded
the above reason, and the fact that bush & co. flatly denied it, are the reasons this is important.

It's been known a long time that bin Laden's family were flown out by arrangements of none other than Richard Clark.
yeah, i'm sure it was all his idea.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's been known a long time that bin Laden's family were flown out by arrangements of none other than Richard Clark.

During testimony Clarke told Roemer "I refused to approve the [Saudi] request. I passed it on to [FBI Asst. Director] Dale Watson and the flight was approved....I don't think they were ever interviewed in this country." Only subpoenaed transcripts and/or video would negate Clarke's assertion.

Upvote 0

Michael5084

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2005
South, U. S. A
✟10,817.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NFSteelers said:

I agree, but why were they here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.