Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if you were down at the "business end" when your son was born. I was when my son was born and I can tell you I wasn't thinking miracle. Seems to me a miracle would have been less... colorful...

Biology was a good enough explanation for me.

I don't see how the process of birth diminishes from the marvelously designed human body. Care to explain? If indeed you are talking about the blood and pain that is often involved, yes, it isn't pretty. But how is that in any way indicative that things made themselves?

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟265,280.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't see how the process of birth diminishes from the marvelously designed human body. Care to explain? If indeed you are talking about the blood and pain that is often involved, yes, it isn't pretty. But how is that in any way indicative that things made themselves?

At the point at which you start calling mundane things "miracles" you diminish the word to the point that it means nothing. A miracle would be if babies magically teleported outside the womb against all laws of nature.

And why do you think that the human body is "marvelously designed"?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
At the point at which you start calling mundane things "miracles" you diminish the word to the point that it means nothing. A miracle would be if babies magically teleported outside the womb against all laws of nature.

And why do you think that the human body is "marvelously designed"?

I'm using the word "miracle" in the second sense as outline below:
mir·a·cle
(mĭr′ə-kəl)
n.
1. An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God.

One that excites admiring awe; a wonderful or amazing event, act, person, or thing. See Synonyms at wonder
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/miracle

Now, you say you can't see the wonder of it.
That is OK.

I guess we differ in that area.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟265,280.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm using the word "miracle" in the second sense as outline below:

Now, you say you can't see the wonder of it.
That is OK.

I guess we differ in that area.

Ah, I thought that because you had used the phrase "superior intellect who had meticulously planned it all" you meant that it was a miracle in the sense that it involved a god doing something... miraculous.

My mistake. Carry on.

Upvote 0