East of Manchester
✟2,626,980.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
it's a lion again...they are so beautiful, C S Lewis...Aslan of course..

bold%2Blion.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 28:

Challenging/contending with evil.

"Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard." ~Pr 21:13

We are not to sit idly by and fold our hands and tune it all out or hide our heads in the sand when evil is rampant, especially when evil is shedding innocent blood, as in the shedding of the innocent blood of the smallest and most helpless amongst us.

It's all IN, especially the book of Proverbs, and Isaiah, how we are to speak out for, defend, and protect those who have no voice and cannot protect and defend themselves.

In any case we are not to PRAISE the wicked, support, or stand by them, as they commit atrocities and shed the blood of the innocent, and trample the defenseless.

God help us if we do.

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed." ~Pr 31:8

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 28:

God's grace.

When we do not harbor or attempt to "hide" our sins, but "confess" them as soon as we are "conscious" of them, God's grace meets us and covers us and His mercy is ever-ready to wipe them off the face of the earth, so to speak, as it is written:

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." ~Ps 103:12

How precious is THAT???!!!

iu

• Friendly
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 28:

The wicked have no peace.

The wicked are fearful and have no peace. They bring torment and curses on themselves. Reminds me of what was trailing and clunking and clanging behind Jacob Marley in "A Christmas Carol", wherever he went. There was no escape from it. He wanted to help the poor, but he could not, and he was cursed with the knowledge of this. He was cursed with each of those links and clanging burdens, that he had put there himself, link-by-link-by-link.

iu

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,980.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 28:

The wicked are fearful and have no peace. They bring torment and curses on themselves. Reminds me of what was trailing and clunking and clanging behind Jacob Marley in "A Christmas Carol", wherever he went. There was no escape from it. He wanted to help the poor, but he could not, and he was cursed with the knowledge of this. He was cursed with each of those links and clanging burdens, that he had put there himself, link-by-link-by-link.

iu
I just love the lion! Yes, the righteous are as bold as a lion...

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 28:
(This bears repeating.)

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 28:
Mercy.
"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." ~Pr 28:13

Mercy and grace and forgiveness. How PRECIOUS they are. our God is SOOOOOOO gracious. May we never ever "hide" our sins but confess them to our graciously merciful God, Who understands our weaknesses, and that we are but dust. His mercies are new ev'ry morning. May we respond to His nudgings to just take it all to Him. He is gracious and forgiving.

PROVERBS 28 mercy.png

• Agree
Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SWIll

Newish
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟117,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Proverbs 28:
Mercy.
"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." ~Pr 28:13

Mercy and grace and forgiveness. How PRECIOUS they are. our God is SOOOOOOO gracious. May we never ever "hide" our sins but confess them to our graciously merciful God, Who understands our weaknesses, and that we are but dust. His mercies are new ev'ry morning. May we respond to His nudgings to just take it all to Him. He is gracious and forgiving.

View attachment 242113
Amen sister .

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 28:

Mercy.

Thank God for His inexplicable mercy and grace towards us, amen?

God HELP me NOT to ever ever forget this.

Remembering His mercy towards me enables his grace to work in me to have mercy on others, in return, and to forgive, which would be an IMPOSSIBILITY without the grace that HE grants me to do so. i could NOT do so without it. EVER.

It also enables me to seek His grace and mercy when i sin and to confess each and ev'ry one.

Thank GOD for His inexplicable mercy, amen?

PREOVERBS 28 God's  MERCY.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once" (Pro 28:18 KJV).

We should note that when the word "saved" is used in the Bible, it is not always talking about spiritual redemption. Often it refers to a physical safety. Stories have been told about men living for the Lord that have been protected in a dangerous situation because they had not yet finished their course, and the Lord still had a purpose for them on this earth. Honestly, when I've nothing left to do for the Lord in this life, I would not want to stay here five minutes more than absolutely necessary. I have family I'm in a hurry to see again.

This verse will have a future component for the remnant of Israel during the horrendous days of the Tribulation period, when they will flee from the Antichrist's grasp to enter into the mountainside fortress of Petra where they will be cared for, fed and protected for the remainder of the time of Jacob's trouble. These will be those that are living for the Lord in the midst of unprecedented evil, and in this case, God will certainly make a way of escape for them.

As to the wicked, well, "He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy" (Pro 29:1 KJV).

This is one good argument for not fellowshipping and accompanying a fool that is openly and violently at odds with the God of the universe. At any moment God may say, "Enough!" and judgment may fall. It is best not to be in the same car as that person when it happens.

Lord, we thank You for Your watchcare over us in our daily walk. Please fill us with Your Holy Spirit, and cleanse us with Your Blood. Keep us near the cross at all times, and bless our activities of the day. He thank You, Lord, for Your love and comfort. Help us today to walk in the Spirit that we will not fulfill the lusts of our flesh. Amen.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen! Praying in agreement.

And i can attest to the fact that God does indeed "save" us from real danger and catastrophe's here on this earth, and there are many. He does so after we are saved, and are blessed with salvation. He "watches" our ev'ry step. How grateful we can be that He does.

And this verse that you posted is a mighty powerful reminder that those who keep stiffening their necks, and thus hardening their hearts, will face destruction, and sometimes quite suddenly. How tragic.

"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy" (Pro 29:1 KJV).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
One great reason to be in the center of God's will is to know that you are indestructible. The only way we can be hurt is with God's approval, not by some accidental misfortune. As the martyrs learned--sometimes being in God's will means personal destruction--but all to the glory of God!

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
One great reason to be in the center of God's will is to know that you are indestructible. The only way we can be hurt is with God's approval, not by some accidental misfortune. As the martyrs learned--sometimes being in God's will means personal destruction--but all to the glory of God!

Amen! WE ARE indestructible, if it is God's will that we be because of our journey not complete, and until it is. It IS all according to His will.

It ties right in to the verses about scorpions having no effect on us if the sting us or other harms or dangers either.

If we are right smack in the middle of His will, NOTHING will harm or hurt us, UNLESS He ALLOWS it.

That's reassuring to me.

In a sense, it grants us a "fearlessness" of sorts, because we do not fear "man" or circumstances, but we fear GOD.

This comes to mind:

288876_8f017ff7ee321a80cd44901072721419.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 28:

Who Knew?

It is written, not just here in Proverbs 28, but throughout God's Word, that those who gain wealth by evil-doing, are unwittingly gathering what they can not keep (unbeknownst to them), for it will be taken from them, and given to those who are righteous, and that righteousness is embodied by those who give generously to those who are without. These righteous ones are the wise-hearted that God refers to throughout His Word. The "wise-hearted", of course are those who, bottom line, "fear" God, and THAT is the epitome of their "heart condition", which is chock full to overflowing with "wisdom".

Those who take take take will be "taken from", and those who give give give, will be "given to", by the living God Himself.

iu

Upvote 0